Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: MJ elevated teammates; Lebron turns teammates into play-finishers

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    MJ is not even top 10. LeBron is the GOAT!
    You're on fire, 3ball!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

His logic is amazingly absurd...Lebron is the best player on every team he's been on and should have the ball more than his teammates...that their assist go down is WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN. [COLOR="Red"]Using Pippen as an example is just idiotic...of course his assist were higher with Jordan...some of those passes were going to the best player in the world instead of ****ing Pete Myers.[/COLOR]
    Wow, you're not making any sense

[COLOR="Navy"]Like you said above - Pippen's assists are higher because he's passing to Jordan instead of Pete Myers, which is the same reason Wade's assists should be higher, since he's passing to Lebron instead of Michael Beasley.[/COLOR]

But Wade's assists weren't higher... They were 33% lower (6.6 to 4.7) because Lebron isn't an OFF-BALL PLAYER like Jordan was, so Wade didn't have the opportunity to throw Lebron an assist like Pippen did Jordan..

Jordan's off-ball play was a reservoir of assists for teammates, whereas Lebron's ball-dominance means [COLOR="Navy"]he scores on his own most of the time[/COLOR] - similar to all point guards, teammates don't throw Lebron assists much (point guards are low-assisted players).

That's why Jordan's teams were so much better despite having worse talent - they were better PASSING teams, in large part because the GOAT scorer was an off-ball player.
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-24-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Ummm, maybe lebron is on ball more because he's better at it than Mj was in a team setting? Success is the best evidence. Lebron's threat resolidified in the media over that last few weeks, so he's at red alert now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    You need help. If anyone can convince you, it is your boy, the one you look up to, and slurp harder than anyone...

that GIF so appropriate

You need help. If anyone can convince you, it is your boy, the one you look up to, and slurp harder than anyone...

/thread the 3ball gif

From this day forward this is going to end every 3ball thread

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

NBA Superstar

I fully expected this thread to be from last summer or some shit.

You're just repeating yourself. Like...you've made this exact thread a couple times now...

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Welcome back, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    I put peanut butter on my asshole and let my neighbors pit bull lick it off. I don't see what the problem was, no one got hurt, and no peanut butter got on any of my MJ memorabilia. My neighbor is just salty because he's a dirty LeBron stan, and I blast my Space Jam VHS every night.

Jordan isn't winning the '07 & '15 Finals, and he definitely isn't winning the '14 Finals. And you're full of shit about Kobe, he's had plenty of bad Finals performances, '00, '04, '08, and Game 7 in 2010

Jordan makes his teammates worse:

Rodman before Jordan: 17 rpg
    Rodman with Jordan: 15 rpg

Rodman before Jordan: 7 ppg
    Rodman with Jordan: 5 ppg

Jordan made Rodman worse.

Ron Harper before Jordan: 20ppg
    Ron Harper with Jordan: 7ppg

Jordan made Ron Harper worse.