Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Seriously, who would of thought Curry would overtake LeBron as the NBAs best player?

LeBron by many people was considered the league's best player every year since 2009, this season is probably the first year since 2008 where the majority of people have someone else as the best player at the moment, and that guy is Curry. A player who had some question marks coming out of college, wasn't even a top 5 pick, spent his first few years injured with numerous ankle injuries. Around 2012 & 2013 alot of people thought Kevin Durant or maybe Anthony Davis would be the players that would eventually overtake LeBron, but Steph Curry? That pretty much came out of nowhere, even when he fixed the ankle issues and was putting up big numbers no one considered him in LeBron's league. Now today as I type this he is coming off an MVP season with a championship and is on his way to winning another MVP while having probably the GOAT point guard season averaging 30 PPG and is shooting the ball like no other player has.

Default Re: Seriously, who would of thought Curry would overtake LeBron as the NBAs best player?

I love curry but still not convinced hes better than lebron yet

Take curry off warriors they are still top 5 in the west.

Take lebron off cavs = lottery

Cant wait for playoffs

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Seriously, who would of thought Curry would overtake LeBron as the NBAs best player?

Well LeBron is getting older and someone else like Curry or Durant were always going to take over

Decent playground baller

Not me. I expected a top 1 or 2 pick who was hyped to eventually do it, such as Durant or Anthony Davis. I thought Curry would be an all-star level player at best.

As recently as 2014 I doubt anyone would. Dude had just made the All-Star/All-NBA Teams for the first time in his career in '14. I'm sure the majority would have said Durant then, or AD last year

Still dont know how steph made the transition from amazing shooter to GOAT shooter in matter of months.....

I thought curry would be good coming out of college and wanted to draft him as well but GOAT 3 point shooter and elite offensive player all-time? No one saw that coming including golden state. Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Re: Seriously, who would of thought Curry would overtake LeBron as the NBAs best player?
    '...who would HAVE thought...'

Do you even English, bro?

It wasn't really that far fetched to be honest. Dude was snubbed from the AS game in '13 and had some absolutely FILTHY performances in the playoffs that year. The 44/11 he dropped on San Antonio was just special, the talent was obvious. Of course you wouldn't have fully expected him to get this good, but he's been a clear top 3 PG for years and it wasn't impossible. Something totally unexpected would be a guy like Butler going from role player to arguable top 10 player in 2 years.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    '...who would HAVE thought...'

Do you even English, bro?
    "HAVE" wouldn't fit in the thread title.

I was really high on Curry coming out of college but what he has been achieving this season and the last was beyond what I fathom for him.

I'll admit it--I did think Steph would overtake Bran.

Solution:

would've

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Is that why you left off "in the regular season" too? Because Bron still outplayed him by a wide margin when they met.

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Is that why you left off "in the regular season" too? Because Bron still outplayed him by a wide margin when they met.
    Curry was better in the playoffs as a whole than Bron was.