Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default how can you beat this team with players from the last 35 years? (since 1980)

C- 2000 Shaquille Oneal
    PF- 2003 Tim Duncan
    SF- 1986 Larry Bird
    SG- 1991 Michael Jordan
    PG- 1987 Magic Johnson

Honestly, is this team unbeatable? (without using any of them in other team....)

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Default Re: how can you beat this team with players from the last 35 years? (since 1980)

Olajuwon
    Garnett
    Durant
    Pippen
    Lebron

Local High School Star

Default Re: how can you beat this team with players from the last 35 years? (since 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Olajuwon
    Garnett
    Durant
    Pippen
    Lebron
    no

on the other team, you had lead dogs of dynasties at every position. aint no such thing on your team.

Let Larry and Shaq score. Let Duncan and Jordan defend. Let Magic create.

Would work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    C- 2000 Shaquille Oneal
    PF- 2003 Tim Duncan
    SF- 1986 Larry Bird
    SG- 1991 Michael Jordan
    PG- 1987 Magic Johnson

Honestly, is this team unbeatable? (without using any of them in other team....)
    TIM DUNCANS ON ROBERT SHAW'S? LIST?

Very good NBA starter

C- 2000 Shaquille Oneal
    PF- 2003 Tim Duncan
    SF- 1986 Larry Bird
    SG- 1991 Michael Jordan
    PG- 1987 Magic Johnson

you can only assemble a team like that in a video game, and you beat them by adjusting the game cheat settings.

PG - 08 CP3
    SG - 08 Kobe
    SF - 03 Tmac
    PF - 04 KG
    C - 95 Olajuwon

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Olajuwon
    Garnett
    Durant
    Pippen
    Lebron
    Actually, i think they would win and i wouldnt even be surprised at all if they even won more often than not, its a better defensive team and they can do the same or even more damage offensively.... which means they will be able to defend & score on them better than the other way around....

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Well there are a few weaknesses with that team that you need to exploit in order to (have a chance to) win.

You need 2 fast guards so Magic's defense can be exploited (i suppose MJ would guard the opposing PG and Magic the SG). A stretch 4 to take Duncan out of his comfort zone. An athletic SF to matchup with Bird. A skilled post player to make Shaq work defensively.

My team
    C: Buck's Kareem
    PF: Dirk Nowitzki
    SF: Kevin Durant
    SG: #8 Kobe
    PG: Isiah Thomas

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Actually, i think they would win and i wouldnt even be surprised at all if they even won more often than not, its a better defensive team and they can do the same or even more damage offensively.... which means they will be able to defend & score on them better than the other way around....
    durant and lebron are not great defensive players, they are good, but not that good...so...pippen is guarding jordan...right....and durant guarding bird???

durant and lebron are not great defensive players, they are good, but not that good...so...pippen is guarding jordan...right....and durant guarding bird???
    I dont know how to translate or comprehend the ridicilousness in that meaning.... that you believe Lebron is not a great defensive player or that Durant is actually even anywhere close to being as good of a defensive player as Lebron is....

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

That team is without a doubt the team to beat. Not only are they good at what they do, they make a great team because they are all willing and skilled passers.

I gonna try to go with this team's versatility and creativity with the ball, and hope that a peak McGrady, with his length can work MJ on both ends.

C The Dream
    PF Kevin Garnett
    SF Grant Hill (Pistons)
    SG Tracy McGrady
    PG LeBron James

C- 2000 Shaquille Oneal
    PF- 2003 Tim Duncan
    SF- 1986 Larry Bird
    SG- 1991 Michael Jordan
    PG- 1987 Magic Johnson

Eddy "Shaq Stopper" Curry
    Amare "Tim Duncan cant guard me" Stoudomire
    Dr "I'd wreck Larry" J
    Joe "Jordan aint shit" Dumars
    Lebron " Magic cant defend" James

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I dont know how to translate or comprehend the ridicilousness in that meaning.... that you believe Lebron is not a great defensive player or that Durant is actually even anywhere close to being as good of a defensive player as Lebron is....
    You said LeBron should be DPOY every year until he retires right?

LeBron wasn't a good defender in the slightest last year.

72 Kareem(scoring machine)
    04 Garnett( great O and D)
    Current Kd(bird stands no chance to guard him)
    03 Kobe(great O and D)
    09 Bron (athletic peak will be a handful for magic to try to guard
    )