Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Allen Iverson vs. Vince Carter ( Scoring Duel in the 2001 NBA Playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Defensively.

But Allen Iverson carried the Scoring Load in the NBA Finals.

It Iverson only had a Scoring PF i think the NBA Finals would had been a very competitive series.
    I don't know, I think Iverson's cast was perfect for him. He had the defensive player of the year, the 6th man of the year, a double double PF in Tyrone Hill, George Lynch who was a tough defensive player that played hard and Eric Snow who was a good role player back then.

Iverson doesn't play as well with other scorers. That 76ers team was perfect for him because he could take as much shots as he needed to get on hot streaks because his teams were good enough defensively to keep it close when Iverson went cold and none of them wanted/needed shots so their were no chemistry problems. They were good enough defensively to allow Iverson to play to his strengths defensively, gamble and play the passing lanes.

Mutombo was a beast in the playoffs too, he averaged 14 and 14 with over 3 blocks. He had a huge series vs Milwaukee, particularly game 7 when he put up 23 points, 19 rebounds and 7 blocks and that was after George Karl said he wouldn't be a factor in the series.

Default Re: Allen Iverson vs. Vince Carter ( Scoring Duel in the 2001 NBA Playoffs)

But they were not good enough to beat the Los Angeles Lakers.

Iverson averaged 35.6 ppg, 5.80 rpg, and 3.80 apg in the NBA Finals.

I love to remember that series, or those playoffs for the matter.

Iverson could go 0-5 for stretches. Then he turned it on and scored like 15 points in the blink of an eye, and no one on the court could do anything about it.

In this particular series against the Raps, Vince also seemed on a mission, and for every hot streak Iverson got, Carter brought his team back. I was scared as hell when Vince took that 3pter at the end of the regulation. From the way they were both playing, it didn't look like he was going to miss.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Allen Iverson.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar