Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: No one cares that the mavs have been eliminated from playoff contention?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Winning the lottery and getting hit by a bus are statistical improbabilities on a different scope than a team upsetting another in the playoffs.

Agree to disagree.
    We were agreeing to disagree this whole time.

I think you are underrating the current Heat roster based on their performance in 2011 vs a better Bulls roster. Now we are dealing with a much better Heat team vs a worse Bulls team, the odds of the same close series taking place and Rose actually stepping up are even lower. Now if say we kept Korver/Asik and traded Boozer/Deng for better pieces I might agree that there is an actual chance. But as is the roster isn't as deep or impactful as you make it out to be, the playoffs will show us that much.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: No one cares that the mavs have been eliminated from playoff contention?

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    We were agreeing to disagree this whole time.

I think you are underrating the current Heat roster based on their performance in 2011 vs a better Bulls roster. Now we are dealing with a much better Heat team vs a worse Bulls team, the odds of the same close series taking place and Rose actually stepping up are even lower. Now if say we kept Korver/Asik and traded Boozer/Deng for better pieces I might agree that there is an actual chance. But as is the roster isn't as deep or impactful as you make it out to be, the playoffs will show us that much.
    The playoffs will not show us anything without Rose. The Mavs in 11 would have lost to the Blazers in the first round, quite easily I might add, without Dirk. With Dirk they won the title. So that point means nothing...and it shouldn't.

I don't think the Bulls are worse now. I actually like them more...specifically because of Butler, but I also really like Hinrich and Robinson for this team as well.

I said agre to disagree because we are too far apart. I honestly think the notion that Thibs isn't a championship caliber coach...is absurd. I think he's one of the best coaches in the league...with a strong case after Pop to be the best coach.

You say I over-rate the Bulls....well...I think you under-rate the **** out of them...especially the coach.

The playoffs will not show us anything without Rose. The Mavs in 11 would have lost to the Blazers in the first round, quite easily I might add, without Dirk. With Dirk they won the title. So that point means nothing...and it shouldn't.

I don't think the Bulls are worse now. I actually like them more...specifically because of Butler, but I also really like Hinrich and Robinson for this team as well.

I said agre to disagree because we are too far apart. I honestly think the notion that Thibs isn't a championship caliber coach...is absurd. I think he's one of the best coaches in the league...with a strong case after Pop to be the best coach.

You say I over-rate the Bulls....well...I think you under-rate the **** out of them...especially the coach.
    Agree 100 %. Your post are so well written it`s a pleasure to read them. Thank you!

The ISH'ers Champion!

They were done after the loss to the Lakers.

They'll make the playoffs next year if Dirk is healthy (would have made it this year as well), but the franchise is just in a bad spot.

Only way to compete for a title is to bring in another superstar...and that is obviously really tough.

Sucks for Dirk that after 11...he might not get to play on another championship caliber team.
    Thank your pvssy @ss owner for shipping out everyone.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by thabisyo
    This
    How was it a fluke?

The opposition the Mavs faced to the final was tough, way tougher than Miami's.

Good portland team in 1st round.

Swept the champs in 2nd round.

Beat out the next year finalist OKC in the W Finals

And beat the Heat, who had a crazy record this season and probably going to repeat.....

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Dirk just isn't that good. He always has so much talent, including this season. That 2011 ring was a complete fluke. They haven't even sniffed that glory since they lost Tyson Chandler. Coincidence? 'Fraid not. We all know Miami lost that series, Dallas didn't win it.
    You must be trolling.....

Dirk played out of his mind in 2011 PO....dominated like no other....in fact I don't think I've seen such a great run by a player in 4th quarter scoring since MJ...

Dude was unstoppable.....how can anyone not have enjoyed Dirk''s dominance that year!!

Ibaka - come get some...
    Pau - come get some...
    Bosh, Wade, Bron - they all got it!!!

Just thinking about the 2011 Mavs brings tears of happiness to my eyes!!

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Thank your pvssy @ss owner for shipping out everyone.
    4 HOF'ers in the starting lineup and fighting for the 8 seed...

Shut your mouth I don't want to hear you.

Lakers been sucking complete BALLS ever since we swept their bum asses