Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: How did the mavs beat the heat in 2011?

Epic team. Terry, Dirk, Peja raining 3's. Barea flying past them for an easy layup while they were scared of the 3 bombs. Stellar defense from Chandler, Stevenson and Marion. Greatest clutch 4th quarters comebacks by Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Never recovered? They won the next game lol.

The series was lost in game 4, in a closely contested game where LeBron only scored 8 points. Your best player has to be more engaged than that.

But it's all good, Mavs were the better team. They capitalized on their opportunities, and had better late game execution.
    they recovered the next game but they were never the same like in game 1 where they were full of confidence

Miami wasn't a team that year. They didn't play as a cohesive unit that they are today. It was watch LeBron and Wade make plays on isos. When neither could get into the paint because of Chandler, they had to shoot jumpers, and those didn't fall.

Dallas took advantage of Miami's stagnant offense.

Is there actually a debate on why they lost?

Its all on lequit pulling a Houdini folks, not much of a discussion.

NBA lottery pick

It was a choke job by lebron. I remember JJ barea guarding him and lebron wasn't even trying to take him.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

LeBron was on the back of milk carton.

Wade was gunning for FMVP

wanted to be hero and failed .. he didn't let lebron do his thing

2011 Mav run is under appreciated, everyone talks about the Heat choking and nobody really gives credit to the Mavs. You would think they would get more praise for a team that swept the 2 time defending champs in the playoffs and beating a very good heat team.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    2011 Mav run is under appreciated, everyone talks about the Heat choking and nobody really gives credit to the Mavs. You would think they would get more praise for a team that swept the 2 time defending champs in the playoffs and beating a very good heat team.
    Agreed. If I was a Mavs fan, I would be annoyed that people only credit my title to a LeBron choke. They earned it.

Local High School Star

N
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Agreed. If I was a Mavs fan, I would be annoyed that people only credit my title to a LeBron choke. They earned it.
    it is anoying, its people discredit the good d marion did on lbj and how he also took it to him on offense, the clutch shooting of kidd and flashes of defense on wade, lets just say everything fell in place. but to just say lbj choked.
    Last edited by ErhnamDjinn; 04-02-2013 at 03:14 AM.

The Mavs played great. I still remember those insane comebacks in the 4'th when Dirk just couldnt miss a shot. Terry played out of his mind, Marion and Chandler played great defense, Kidd did his thing, JJ had a great contribution aswell. Most important though is Jim Carey outcoaching Spo when it mattered the most.

The Heat on the other hand just couldnt get it right. It was the first year, players didnt know their role on the team, Lebron played ISO's A LOT, him and Wade shot too many threes, Bosh ****ed up a game by himself when he didnt foul Dirk with 3-4 seconds remaining in the forth when they still had one to give and were leading if i remember correctly.

Basically, it all went well for the Mavs, its one of those situations where the Heat could have done anything and still couldnt win. Mavs deserved that title and in my opinion that lost final helped the Heat be the team they are today. Its a team effort and Lebron realized it. The Heat move the ball and find each other like no other team ive seen before.

Feels like only a miracle would stop the Heat from winning the finals this year.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FPJ
    The Mavs played great. I still remember those insane comebacks in the 4'th when Dirk just couldnt miss a shot. Terry played out of his mind, Marion and Chandler played great defense, Kidd did his thing, JJ had a great contribution aswell. Most important though is Jim Carey outcoaching Spo when it mattered the most.

The Heat on the other hand just couldnt get it right. It was the first year, players didnt know their role on the team, Lebron played ISO's A LOT, him and Wade shot too many threes, Bosh ****ed up a game by himself when he didnt foul Dirk with 3-4 seconds remaining in the forth when they still had one to give and were leading if i remember correctly.

Basically, it all went well for the Mavs, its one of those situations where the Heat could have done anything and still couldnt win. Mavs deserved that title and in my opinion that lost final helped the Heat be the team they are today. Its a team effort and Lebron realized it. The Heat move the ball and find each other like no other team ive seen before.

Feels like only a miracle would stop the Heat from winning the finals this year.
    Totally agree with this post.
    If that Heat' team played like they are playing today there would be no chance to lose that finals. But they weren't a team. Simple.
    They won the eastern conference with pure star power. Not with a team game.
    But without that loss they wouldn't be where they are today. Their team offense and team defense is scary atm, one of the best combo of offense and defense I have ever seen.
    Coach Spo also learned a lot since that loss, and personally I would give him COTY.
    Main difference is that everybody know their role, most importantly James, Wade and Bosh.

Actually, Mavs didnt beat the Heat.. It was LeBron who beat the Heat..

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L8krH8tr
    What do you mean dirk? That team was stacked are u forgetting about Jason Kidd, Tyson chandler, jj barea, dewshawn Stevenson, Shawn Marion, Jason terry..