Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Dwyane Wade is the 3rd GOAT SG

1. MJ
    2. Kobe
    3. Wade
    4. West
    5. Drexler

You can't make an argument for those guys above Wade anymore.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Dwyane Wade is the 3rd GOAT SG

I think you can always make arguments for West over Kobe and Wade...but I just don't think Wade's play in the playoffs was impressive enough to warrant him going above West for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think you can always make arguments for West over Kobe and Wade...but I just don't think Wade's play in the playoffs was impressive enough to warrant him going above West for sure.
    No, you can't. West only has ONE CHAMPIONSHIP. If the ONE CHAMPIONSHIP player was Wade or Bryant and the 3 or 5 championship player was West people would milk that HEAVILY saying West is ranked above them just because he is an old school player. But since the old school player has significantly less rings they'll find something else. You can't be hypocritical lie that. I mean you can't even look at stats he played in the steroid era where you have guys averaging 50/26.

Banned

No.

It's not just rings that count. It's also career stats and Jerry West crushes Wade in that department. Rings are important plus career stats. That's why I don't think Lebron is close to Kobe yet. His stats aren't good enough yet.

Jerry West 25k points
    Wade 16k points

West 6k assist
    Wade 4k assist

West 5k rebounds
    Wade (don't know he's not even in top 200)

I think given his play for much of the playoffs, besides a few of these old school Wade games in the Finals where he looked vintage, I don't know if I can rank him over the Logo yet.

1) MJ
    2) Kobe
    3) West
    4) Wade
    5) Drexler

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    No, you can't. West only has ONE CHAMPIONSHIP. If the ONE CHAMPIONSHIP player was Wade or Bryant and the 3 or 5 championship player was West people would milk that HEAVILY saying West is ranked above them just because he is an old school player. But since the old school player has significantly less rings they'll find something else. You can't be hypocritical lie that. I mean you can't even look at stats he played in the steroid era where you have guys averaging 50/26.
    I didn't get to see West play...and I'm assuming you didn't as well. So I don't like to talk a lot about players I didn't see.

But I don't think you can just say that...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Perhaps Wade, but not Bryant. People still believe that Jerry West in the second best 2 guard of all time in 2013...?

Incidentally, have people forgotten about D. Wade's play in these playoffs? 15.9/4.6/4.8 I trust people aren't putting him over West because of his play this postseason...
    Last edited by MaxFly; 06-21-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

wade
    allen
    mj
    kobe

What's the argument for Kobe being Bove Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    No.

It's not just rings that count. It's also career stats and Jerry West crushes Wade in that department. Rings are important plus career stats. That's why I don't think Lebron is close to Kobe yet. His stats aren't good enough yet.

Jerry West 25k points
    Wade 16k points

West 6k assist
    Wade 4k assist

West 5k rebounds
    Wade (don't know he's not even in top 200)
    LOL @ this. A Kobe stan saying "it's not just about rings".

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    No, people who know about West would claim what they claim already, that West was a historically great playoff performer, an even greater Finals performer, the All-time Finals scoring leader and one of the most complete guards to ever play the game. People correctly claim that rings aren't everything. Apart from probably 2006 alone, there isn't a single championship run by Wade that I'd take over West's losing effort in 1969. Especially comparing their Finals series performances, it's a joke, it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    wade
    allen
    mj
    kobe

Fail

West is as good as Kobe if not better, skill wise. Kobe only has athleticism over him.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Sorry but no. Prime Drexler in this era in place of Wade would have even more rings. Prime Drexler would have won at least twice with Shaq in 2005 and 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    What's the argument for Kobe being Bove Wade?