Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I actually got IC10 as soon as it came out but it basically collected dust until a year ago. I did a few Test series and it was very tough to make it competitive. I simmed a lot and made one match last 3 days, that's about it. Still, bowling with Asif/Amir/Gul was fun for me. I figured I'd give it one final run with a WC before I switch to DBC, and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

I never played ICC despite hearing a ton of great things about it. I played a trial version of Cricket Coach that was similar and it was very addictive. I managed Sussex and it was a lot of fun. I've often thought about buying ICC now but the only PC I use these days is my work laptop and I'm wary of installing anything on it. Definitely something I can see myself wasting weeks on.

Here's another guy who got the game yesterday and has uploaded a dozen vids already, including a 30 min gameplay video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVB...KGNKmC9TRCdosE
    I had cricket coach a couple years back but the simming was horrible. ICC gives a more realistic simulation. They keep saying an android version is coming but it still hasn't been released, an ios version was out for last years edition but I'm not sure if it came out for the current version. It's not perfect though but it's fun, my current australian save playing only test matches is in 2050 and now the regen bowlers in my first class system are all averaging like 10-15 with the ball and the best batsman I seem to be getting are all rounders who hit test level and average 50+ with the bat and low 20's with the ball so my side is incredibly unbalanced. Was fun up until this point though but now it's too easy.

lilgodfather - i believe it was the turkish sony president but sony have denied that they are bringing it to PS4. I still think it happens but I think they just don't want to announce how it is coming to PS4 as there was a bunch of rumours about backwards compatibility floating around too.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I had cricket coach a couple years back but the simming was horrible. ICC gives a more realistic simulation. They keep saying an android version is coming but it still hasn't been released, an ios version was out for last years edition but I'm not sure if it came out for the current version. It's not perfect though but it's fun, my current australian save playing only test matches is in 2050 and now the regen bowlers in my first class system are all averaging like 10-15 with the ball and the best batsman I seem to be getting are all rounders who hit test level and average 50+ with the bat and low 20's with the ball so my side is incredibly unbalanced. Was fun up until this point though but now it's too easy.

lilgodfather - i believe it was the turkish sony president but sony have denied that they are bringing it to PS4. I still think it happens but I think they just don't want to announce how it is coming to PS4 as there was a bunch of rumours about backwards compatibility floating around too.
    Yeah the umm what's it called, psnow? Is that right? Anyways, I read the rumour of ps1/2 emulation, or whatever, but tlou wouldn't qualify for that, unless I missed the ps3 part.

It makes sense that they would deny it if they wanted to drop the bomb at e3. Hopefully they do, I would love to play the game again, and play the left behind dlc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Yeah the umm what's it called, psnow? Is that right? Anyways, I read the rumour of ps1/2 emulation, or whatever, but tlou wouldn't qualify for that, unless I missed the ps3 part.

It makes sense that they would deny it if they wanted to drop the bomb at e3. Hopefully they do, I would love to play the game again, and play the left behind dlc.
    The rumour I heard was ps1 and ps2 as software emulation for your actual discs which is separate to psnow but ps3 was streaming. who knows for sure though until it's announced.

Oh man, an android version would be awesome.

So some bugs coming out in DBC14 as expected, mostly with the roster update that allows you to download all of the user created teams as it relates to career mode. Basically, the game tends to force roles based on batting position once you enter career mode. So if your default Australian roster has a medium pacer at 7, but your downloaded roster has Haddin batting at 7, in career mode you'll see Haddin bowling medium pacers.

There are a few other bugs that remind me of 2K's bugs in career mode, like AI logic of giving you chances seems silly, and scores tend to reset after a day's play while chasing in the fourth inning, but all bugs seem to be in the career mode. People are generally very happy with everything else so far, especially the controls and difficulty level.

The good thing is that the developer is very active on planet cricket (he has 6500 posts) and is asking people to keep piling up the bugs for their patch.

Ordered my MLB The Show copy from VG+ for the first time, since they ship to Europe at a very low price. Hopefully I can get my hands on it before the weekend.

Banned

Oh man, an android version would be awesome.

So some bugs coming out in DBC14 as expected, mostly with the roster update that allows you to download all of the user created teams as it relates to career mode. Basically, the game tends to force roles based on batting position once you enter career mode. So if your default Australian roster has a medium pacer at 7, but your downloaded roster has Haddin batting at 7, in career mode you'll see Haddin bowling medium pacers.

There are a few other bugs that remind me of 2K's bugs in career mode, like AI logic of giving you chances seems silly, and scores tend to reset after a day's play while chasing in the fourth inning, but all bugs seem to be in the career mode. People are generally very happy with everything else so far, especially the controls and difficulty level.

The good thing is that the developer is very active on planet cricket (he has 6500 posts) and is asking people to keep piling up the bugs for their patch.
    gonna go pick it up at lunch today.

Banned

ubisoft rpg Child of Light looks pretty cool

coming out end of this month

15 dollars, will be available on wii u, xbox live, ps3/ps4, and pc

gonna go pick it up at lunch today.
    Is that you posting on PC about the game being unbalanced?

Banned

yeah my issue isn't the game being unbalanced it's that the batting doesn't seem to provide feedback and doesn't make sense to me yet. I've been trying to get people to provide tips but no one seems to be able to. In the nets I can pre empt my timing or leave it to the last minute and still get ideal so it seems random and I haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong.

I've cracked a few delivery types that I can spam and take wickets with which leaves it abit annoying being able to bowl at an average of under 15 when I can't score more than 15 runs.

My last comments about the bowling was the fact that rather than trying to provide help someone told me it's because my batting all rounders batting skill is so low but that makes no sense as to why I can take 7fers and hattricks when my bowling skill is just as low. Just trying to point out I don't think it's intended about low skill of my career player causing the batting issues when the low skill doesn't impact the bowling. I know it's something I'm doing but it's frustrating that the game doesn't really let me see or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

And people who haven't played posted saying the people complaining just want it do be easy which isn't the case, I don't mind failing so long as I can tell why I am failing and try to work on that, when I first started 2k games I couldn't make a shot or dribble move to save my life but I could tell what exactly I was getting wrong which meant I could try to fix it.

I haven't tried other camera angles yet so I might try and see if broadcast helps me tonight. Don't get me wrong though, even with the bugs (which will be fixed) and the issues I'm having with the batting system I still had a blast playing it. I got home at 4pm and played it right through to 10:30pm when I realised I hadn't stopped to eat dinner and my girlfriend had gone to bed because we had work early in the morning.
    Last edited by outbreak; 04-03-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Banned

have you been playing it? How are you finding it?

have you been playing it? How are you finding it?
    Nope. Just ordered it today via an Amazon reseller. It'll be at least another week before I'll get it.

Banned

Nope. Just ordered it today via an Amazon reseller. It'll be at least another week before I'll get it.
    I still haven't gotten higher than 19 runs in career. Most of the time I pass 10 I get out playing a straight block or get run out from my batsmen sliding in safe but a bug that makes you step out of tge crease when you stand up automatically which frustrates the hell out of me.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Play Star Wars battlefront 2 today

memories.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Play Star Wars battlefront 2 today

memories.
    I need to get that, God damn that game was so f*cking good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    I need to get that, God damn that game was so f*cking good.
    just wait for the new battlefront next year.