Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default John Scheyer Signed With Maccabi

He signed with the Euroleague club Maccabi. He will also join Israel's national team.

Default Re: John Scheyer Signed With Maccabi

did not see that coming. have a link?

I really disliked Scheyer only because I dislike Duke. I have to still say though, I respect his dedication to his school's basketball program through the years. This was a good choice for him. He has no career in the NBA, go play overseas and enjoy the pro-life for a couple years.

See how that turns out, if it doesn't pan out, I am sure he will have some business ventures ready for him back at the states given the credentials and reputation he inevitably has after attending a school like Duke.

Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

I thought he was going to be drafted in the 2nd round..

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDude
    I thought he was going to be drafted in the 2nd round..
    he would have had a chance to but i think he made a good decision..get paid well instead of struggling to make a team and maybe ending up in the d-league getting $15,000 per year.

Those duke kids seem like they have massive potential outside of basketball... I guess Singular is trying to go pro as well as Nolan Smith? It seems like a lot of them Duke boys would make it pretty good outside the NBA. It's a shame that college stars are automatically expected to go pro now, even if they only have an outside shot at the late 2nd round.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Scheyer has the skills to be in the NBA, but not the athleticism. He's this year's Nick Calathes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Scheyer has the skills to be in the NBA, but not the athleticism. He's this year's Nick Calathes.
    No. He's a lot better shooter than Nick is, but Calathes is a lot faster and quicker. Calathes can't jump, but he's still more athletic than Scheyer is. Scheyer will do fine in Maccabi because he will count as an Israeli player and be in the national team.

They will make sure they play him a lot due to that. He will probably get 15-20 minutes there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    he would have had a chance to but i think he made a good decision..get paid well instead of struggling to make a team and maybe ending up in the d-league getting $15,000 per year.
    Exactly. Maximum of $30k a year in D-League or $1 million in Maccabi? Not a hard choice there.

First its Jon, and second he is not a better shooter than Nick Calathes. I guess Scheyer deciding to over to your beloved Euroleague earns him extra pts when not needed? Ok. I ask you this. How much have you even seen of the two players in college? Or do i know the answer to that?

At any rate since you're so privy to the great eurobum err euroleagues. Keep us updated on his progression.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    First its Jon, and second he is not a better shooter than Nick Calathes. I guess Scheyer deciding to over to your beloved Euroleague earns him extra pts when not needed? Ok. I ask you this. How much have you even seen of the two players in college? Or do i know the answer to that?

At any rate since you're so privy to the great eurobum err euroleagues. Keep us updated on his progression.
    Calathes is an AWFUL shooter. Scheyer is an inefficient shooter, but he has a natural mechanic. Calathes has an awkward and terribly flat shot.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 04-15-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Wow, threads on solid second round talents not goign to the NBA. Keep them coming please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Calathes is an AWFUL shooter. Scheyer is an inefficient shooter, but he has a natural mechanic. Calathes has an awkward and terribly flat shot.
    It may be an awful looking shot that Nick has. Scheyer is a better shooter coming off screens. The gap between the two shooting isnt huge tho. Both damn sure arent creating thier own shot thats for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    It may be an awful looking shot that Nick has. Scheyer is a better shooter coming off screens. The gap between the two shooting isnt huge tho. Both damn sure arent creating thier own shot thats for sure.
    Calathes can easily create his own shot any time. The problem is he cannot finish it. No different than Brandon Jennings who can create his own shot anytime but cannot actually convert it.

Please leave the racist stereotyping out of this forum. It's so offensive.

Not being able to create a shot, and not being able to finish at the rim are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Calathes can easily create his own shot any time. The problem is he cannot finish it. No different than Brandon Jennings who can create his own shot anytime but cannot actually convert it.

Please leave the racist stereotyping out of this forum. It's so offensive.

Not being able to create a shot, and not being able to finish at the rim are two different things.
    He struggles trying to shoot when someone is actually defending him. Jennings has no problem shooting when guarded. I dont view Nick in the same light. Nick to me is a spot up shooter. Finds his spots and pops.

Nothing racist about my post. Calling euros soft isnt racist. And if you dont want remarks as such then I'd counter with asking you to be more of a basketball poster and not a d!ck. When someone challenges you or asks you questions? Dont reply like "No need to discuss basketball with those who have no knowledge". So if you cant accept that then I'll continue dissing your nation of softies and bums.