Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Which Style of Player Is Hardest To Defend?

Quote Originally Posted by L8kersfan222
    Right under the basket and they lookin straight at you dribbling away, not passing.
    Sounds like Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by L8kersfan222
    Right under the basket and they lookin straight at you dribbling away, not passing.
    What kills me is when you're playing an organized or pickup game and have an obvious easy mismatch in the paint.

It takes a selfish fool to chuck up threes and dribble like Hot Sauce on an And1 tour when you can build an easy lead with quick low post shots.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 11-04-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Again, you said all you have to do is stay in front of Wade then you say Dirk can go right past you.

Do you not see the obvious error in that?

Dirk took one of the softest players to the cup a couple times in the finals and now all of a sudden he's a pf who can attack the basket a la Shawn Kemp? Dirk is very poor at attacking the basket strong. Be real. At 6'4" Wade attacks the basket way better than Dirk...you'd think Wade was 7 feet and Dirk was 6'3".

1. Doesn't matter if you hit all your shots and miss when they count. Wade hits shots when they count and is a better player than Dirk.

2. If that's your opinion then cool.

3. Wade has no perimeter game now?

4. All three players did not play like stars and it wasn't because they got locked up by Dirk so ease back, lol.... The Mavs had help--Dirk didn't carry the team...in fact, the Jet carried them some as well.

Nice excuse for Dirk though (his shots rattled out, lol)
    I never said Dirk couldn't be stopped putting the ball on the floor. I said IF you stay in front of him Wade is about useless because he can't shoot. If you stay in front of Dirk he is more useful because he can simply shoot over you.

You can claim all you like that Wade is better than Dirk and that's just like you're opinion, man. I've lost count, how many MVPs does Wade have? How many straight 50 win seasons? Dirk is a 10x NBA All-Star and 11x All-NBA (4x First Team... twice as many as Wade btw).

Yeah, Wade has a really sweet perimeter game, dude. He tries to blow by you and if not he bricks a shot. Reeeeeal awesome perimeter game. 29% career from 3 lol.

Also, I'm about tired of hearing about Wade being only 6'4" he has like a 7'1" freaking wingspan (which is why despite his very pedestrian vertical jump he can still dunk on Andy Varejao and also why he has the blocks he does as a guard).

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    How do you defend a mobile Snorlax?

You don't.

Ground&Pound.
    rofl for some reason before I read this I was thinking of snorlax but I had no idea why....

If we are talking about styles... Contemporary Big Man & Superstar.

But if we are talking about those players... It's Shaq & Iverson. In their prime, it was impossible stop them on offense.

Saw a basketball once calvin671996's Avatar

The "Contemporary Big Man",no doubt

oh..sorry... just only Dirk

you saw his performance in playoff, have anyone really defend him? Bosh? Ibaka? NO ONE