Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: red dead redemption

Gamestop called me to tell me they're staying open for a midnight release of this thing. They don't do that very often here. I gotta work tomorrow, so I'll be waiting till I'm on my way home.

Banned

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...deadredemption

wow
    crazy good reviews
    ill see if its available anyehere today for midnight, but if not, im copping it tomorrow and gonna get my john wayne on asap

I got my copy this morning. So far its not all that its cracked up to be.

Very good NBA starter

cheesed. Whats bad about it? Give us your review SO FAR. I remember plenty of people having trouble with GTA IV when it came out as well

GTA4 is my favorite game on 360 of all time. This plays NOTHING like GTA4. Its too arcady like Saints Row if you ever played that. The gameplay and feel is nothing like the videos showed. Not sure what that is about. Shooting is wack. Cant think of what its called red eye site or something. Should have did away with it entirely. Makes the game unrealistic. Player movement is stiff and retarded. Not much fluidity. Riding horses is the most difficult thing in the game by far. Hard to manuever it. Better off walkin to your destination or riding a train. The good thing is the dialogue in the game. Cut scenes are movie like. But eh so far not much left to be desired. Dont expect GTA4 the Western version. They changed alot of stuff I guess to make it different.

Multiplayer is weird as hell. Confusing and choas. I randomly shot a buzzard and next thing I know I'm throw into some type of gun/shooting challenge game. Couldnt get out. I get on a horse and its someone elses so I get shot at by people until I die basically. No where to hide. I'm used to automatics but this game is oldschool. No shyt western guns duh, but they really blow.

I'd give this a 7 out of 10. The fact I'm hearing posting and not playing should tell u something.

Oh the game freezes too alot when you wander the plains and explore. Maybe a patch is in the works but some things are glitchy as hell. you'd think pushing it back they'd put out a finished product. Wth Rockstar, I had faith in you!

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

game footage ive seen it seems similar to assassins creed except western and without jumping, its looks interesting to me, but i will have to decide before i buy it, its not like when a GTA comes out, i just go and buy it cause i know its gonna rock, im a little sceptical about this game

Very good NBA starter

Wow very disappointing. Didn't expect that at all. What the hell were those professional reviews about then? All theses 9's and 10's? I hope they release some patch or something then but thats pretty shitty to hear.

Looks like I gotta stay with the GTA series then, was really hoping there would be a new explosive free roam game.

Just kidding I havent played it. I'll get it tomorrow. I wonder if there are people playing it right now?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Just kidding I havent played it. I'll get it tomorrow. I wonder if there are people playing it right now?
    ass

Very good NBA starter

lol wow. Why would you go through all that trouble to make that review. Sketchy!

After I read your review, I checked your recently played games so I could browse through the achievements and RDR didn't show up...that's when my disappointment vanished and the realization that the review was just a hoax set in. You got me, asshole.

wow, you got me bad. for some reason im afraid this game has issues...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    wow, you got me bad. for some reason im afraid this game has issues...
    Don't they all now days? No game is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Don't they all now days? No game is perfect.
    True. Althought this year has had some sick games. I LOVE

Just Cause 2
    Monster Hunter Tri
    Fifa World Cup
    Street Fighter 4
    God of War 3
    No More Heroes 2
    Fist of the North Star (Import, its sick fun. The best Final Fight type game you'll ever see)

This is just off the top of my head, its only May.

This time tomorrow we'll all be playing Red Dead Redemption. Plus the lottery selection is 2morrow