Default Stan the Man showing up in Summer League!!! Drops 24 & 9!

Sorry please delete. Double post
    Last edited by ZMonkey11; 07-06-2015 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Double post

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Stan the Man showing up in Summer League!!! Drops 24 & 9!

An aggravated assault in Arizona is a felony and carries with it the possibility of 5-15 years in prison. In all likelihood, Marcus Morris probably isn't going to jail for this, but it sounds like the process could carry into the season and could then be a distraction to the starting small forward and his new team.
    Along with a sensational SL / off-season, could this distraction be enough for SVG to pull the trigger on starting Stanley?...

P.s On a depressing note - Stanley's mother passed away two days back not sure how, he tweeted the following...

Forever in my heart
    Always watching my back
    My angel from above
    I'm the luckiest kid in the world

NBA lottery pick

Stan has basically said that Morris is the starter at SF. That doesn't mean it will be that way by the end of the season though. I just saw this article today.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...is_shared=true

Learning to shoot layups

Can Stanely Johnson play with Drummond?

Dre is a big supporter / fan of Stanley, I can't see why this pairing wouldn't work...

NBA lottery pick

Isn't Stanley staying with Dre? Or maybe it was he did for a bit. I feel like I read that somewhere. They seem to be good friends so far.

NBA lottery pick

Vincent Ellis: FYI: I have heard from several sources that rookie Stanley Johnson has been very impressive in player workouts. #Pistons
    This sound promising. What I find ironic is this quote:

[QUOTE] And he sees this as his best opportunity to sink roots and carve out a role after 1

^^Stanley was texting Dre and Reggie back and forth even before he was drafted to the Pistons - it seems like Stanley was the guy they wanted! Which is always a good thing...

*Morris has proven to be a disturbance in the locker room when unhappy, I don't think he has the maturity to accept coming off the bench to a rookie, I don't think it will work out too smoothly. However, he is not stupid, he would know that Pistons intend to have Stanley as their long term 3, what better motivation could Morris have to prove everyone wrong and make that position his. He is not short on confidence, that is for sure. I expect him to come out with some serious fire as the term "starter" to him holds a lot of weight and he is going to want to keep that job...

If he can improve his rebounding / defending, then there is every chance he could switch over to the starting 4 as a stretch, with Stanley at the 3, if he outplays Irsan in the first half of the season - and have Irsan playing heavy minutes off the bench... But, Irsan provides good to great rebounding for a stretch 4, and actually plays decent defense (well, better than Morris anyway)