Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Lebron proves the "efficiency" argument has little credibility without context.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    1. I said being aggressive and taking a lot of shots. The implication is that they aren't the same thing. Hence why I used the word "and"...

2. Lebron is a terrible example because he does more than just about any other player in NBA history outside of scoring

3. Yes, the East teams are terrible. How one can't admit this is beyond me. The Cavs are about to beat the 2nd best East team without Love and Kyrie in a sweep. It's a joke.

4. You have to combine being aggressive and having a high usage with quality efficiency. That is the goal of superstar players for the most part. It's almost impossible to win (against an elite team in the playoffs) if you have a high usage offensive player being really aggressive and taking a lot of shots...if said player is shooting poorly.

5. It's clearly about Rose. But that doesn't even matter at this point because Rose has done nothing of note in the playoffs for his career.
    1.could have meant either way.

2. you still dont get it? your ignorance is blinding you. compare lebron to lebron idiot, and you will see the difference in impact.

3. semantics and ignorance again. you fail to see that lebron is playing with east players, against east team, whether the east is good or bad. the type of game the lebron playing is still the difference, especially against a series like the one against the bulls.

4. wtf is your point "You have to combine being aggressive and having a high usage with quality efficiency" YEAH, THATS CALLED BEING MICHAEL JORDAN. NO ONE WILL BE MICHAEL JORDAN. YOU GET A HEE HAWW FOR THAT ONE YOU DONKEY.

5. again, making it about rose. you are obsessed with hating rose, because like you said "I dont hate him, i just dont like his style"
    yup, leading your team to first place in the nba and overachieving is a style that you dont like, because its not the passive efficiency style that you worship ignorantly.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron proves the "efficiency" argument has little credibility without context.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    1.could have meant either way.

2. you still dont get it? your ignorance is blinding you. compare lebron to lebron idiot, and you will see the difference in impact.

3. semantics and ignorance again. you fail to see that lebron is playing with east players, against east team, whether the east is good or bad. the type of game the lebron playing is still the difference, especially against a series like the one against the bulls.

4. wtf is your point "You have to combine being aggressive and having a high usage with quality efficiency" YEAH, THATS CALLED BEING MICHAEL JORDAN. NO ONE WILL BE MICHAEL JORDAN. YOU GET A HEE HAWW FOR THAT ONE YOU DONKEY.

5. again, making it about rose. you are obsessed with hating rose, because like you said "I dont hate him, i just dont like his style"
    yup, leading your team to first place in the nba and overachieving is a style that you dont like, because its not the passive efficiency style that you worship ignorantly.

Wait.

So your point is that Lebron playing aggressive and doing more is better than him playing passive and doing less?

Wow...what a great point!

So this is essentially some ****ed up argument about his 11 finals vs the Bulls series?

Well, let me tell you something, if Lebron had tried to play like he did against the Bulls this year in the playoffs vs the Mavs in 11...the series would have been over in 4.

That is what you can't grasp. Drawing conclusions while beating scrub East teams with terrible players like Rose out there shooting 45% TS is problematic.

Post this shit when Lebron beats a real team while shooting 46% TS....deal?

What?

I said this Bulls team played over-rated defense. Plenty of people were saying the Bulls were a very good defensive team this year. And they weren't...especially in that Cavs series.

It was just too slumping teams playing like ass...and people confused it with quality defense.

And even with the teams slumping...the Cavs still scored at a good clip and their offense was actually humming along just fine per possession.

Just take the Loss on all this stuff man.

Rose was awful yet again in the playoffs...and the East is way worse than any of us even thought.

The East has 1 real team...and that's it. After watching these Hawks play all playoffs and the last couple months of the regular season. They wouldn't sniff the 2nd round in the West.
    you have no idea what you are even saying anymore. the debate is about aggressiveness and efficiency, but you reached so hard in trying to find facts that now you are trying to prove how bad the east is, and then talking about rose? rose was at some games the best player in the cavs series how about dirk, did he have much of an impact losing in the first round as much as his other 6 round exits?

Wait.

So your point is that Lebron playing aggressive and doing more is better than him playing passive and doing less?
    more semantics? wtf? no you idiot, let me slow this down for you.
    lebron ... being ... efficient ... at ... the ... cost... of .... playing passively .....is .......worst......than.......lebron....playing.... aggressively....at....the....cost....of....efficie ncy.

better?

you have no idea what you are even saying anymore. the debate is about aggressiveness and efficiency, but you reached so hard in trying to find facts that now you are trying to prove how bad the east is, and then talking about rose? rose was at some games the best player in the cavs series how about dirk, did he have much of an impact losing in the first round as much as his other 6 round exits?
    And I'm telling you that it's not all or nothing.

I'm telling you that very rarely, just aggressiveness alone or efficiency alone (if it's on limited usage) will win you anything.

I'm saying that sometimes being super aggressive can be a good thing...and sometimes it can be a bad thing.

I'm saying that sometimes taking a ton of shots can be a good thing...and sometimes it can be a bad thing.

I'm saying that using Lebron as an example of this is silly because of his versatility. Other players can't impact the game like Lebron does when he's not scoring well.

Hence efficiency isn't nearly as important for Lebron as it is for players like Durant, Kobe, Rose, Dirk...pretty much you name them.

And the context you speak of needs to be applied. Beating East teams means essentially nothing right now. They literally all are pretty bad. There isn't one East team outside of the Cavs that would have sniffed the 2nd round.

And I'm telling you that it's not all or nothing.

I'm telling you that very rarely, just aggressiveness alone or efficiency alone (if it's on limited usage) will win you anything.

I'm saying that sometimes being super aggressive can be a good thing...and sometimes it can be a bad thing.

I'm saying that sometimes taking a ton of shots can be a good thing...and sometimes it can be a bad thing.

I'm saying that using Lebron as an example of this is silly because of his versatility. Other players can't impact the game like Lebron does when he's not scoring well.

Hence efficiency isn't nearly as important for Lebron as it is for players like Durant, Kobe, Rose, Dirk...pretty much you name them.

And the context you speak of needs to be applied. Beating East teams means essentially nothing right now. They literally all are pretty bad. There isn't one East team outside of the Cavs that would have sniffed the 2nd round.

im not even going to read this stuff man. if you cant understand it then you never will. lessons over.

more semantics? wtf? no you idiot, let me slow this down for you.
    lebron ... being ... efficient ... at ... the ... cost... of .... playing passively .....is .......worst......than.......lebron....playing.... aggressively....at....the....cost....of....efficie ncy.

better?

It depends on the situation and kind of team a player has. Only 1 ball...

Take the 11 Finals for example. If Lebron had jacked it up a ton and forced the issue...I think they would have done even worse. Mavs probably sweep them.

The issue in that series for Lebron was actually his crunch time play and his defense. His defense was horrendous in that series...everyone focuses on the offense, but it was really his defense. He was terrible.

And then in crunch time he didn't do anything at all.

If Lebron plays defense and doesn't choke in the 4th qtrs...the Heat win that series with Lebron deferring to Wade and playing more passively.

If he comes out and forces the issue and plays super aggressive? I think the Mavs would have swept them actually because there was no way Lebron would have been efficient and it would have taken away too much from Wade...and Wade was balling.

All about situation and circumstances.

This Cavs team? Lebron is much better off forcing the issue and playing like you are describing.

You posted about "context" in the OP...but you never use context. You want to just ignore it completely and pretend like it's better to play 1 way in all situations.

And that isn't how reality works.

Tolerant Liberals

no point arguing with rose stans, they are irrational when it comes to their idol

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    no point arguing with rose stans, they are irrational when it comes to their idol

Tell me about it. This loser has been spamming me with pm's for weeks because i dared to criticize his idol.

Bron isn't a good example because:

- He does so much else besides scoring to help his teams
    - He plays in the east where he doesn't face good competition

Durant would never be able to get away with playing this inefficiently because he doesn't come close to matching what Bron does outside of scoring and the Spurs/Clippers/Grizzlies/Warriors would make him pay at the other end unlike the Celtics/Bulls/Bobcats/Nets/Hawks.

dumbass stat nerds

College superstar

Where is your God now efficiency dorks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1

Where is your God now efficiency dorks.