Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Poll: Best player in the world right now, KOBE leads 33%

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    And then factor in everything else and its not nearly as close.

But whatever, love seeing the stans in full on panic mode.

Kobe best player in the game right now? Now thats ****ing funny.

What you don't understand is that Dirk was super clutch in the series. Made a game winner and scored over 10 per game in the 4th. Kobe crumbled in the clutch throughout the finals last year.

That is the big difference. If Dirk had played like Kobe in crunch time and had the same numbers, I would totally agree.

But Dirk was as clutch as possible. Kobe wasn't. Thats the difference.

LOL. You are the one in full panic mode because kobe ranked number 1 in some meaningless ranking

I mean, claiming Gasol was the Finals MVP last year, if thats not panic, i dont know what it is...I'm pretty sure even you don't believe yourself when typing that bs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

But Dirk was as clutch as possible. Kobe wasn't. Thats the difference.
    They both shot roughly the same percentage in the finals and kobe's scoring was done on a higher volume. Dirk clearly outplayed Kobe in the fourth quarters, but Kobe also clearly outplayed Dirk throughout the normal course of games. Dirk was carried up until the fourth quarter in the majority of his finals games.. Dude shot in the low 30 percentile for the large, beginning duration of every single game.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    10 days ago lebron prob has 55% votes... and kobe has 20 with dirk 5%

funny how kobes stock rose as lebron disappeared

wade gets no love... neither does dwight! sheesh

All it takes is for the season to start, and the Xmas day game. Miami vs lakers, and order will be restored.. Kobe is the best player in the offseason.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    LOL. You are the one in full panic mode because kobe ranked number 1 in some meaningless ranking

I mean, claiming Gasol was the Finals MVP last year, if thats not panick, i dont know what it is...I'm pretty sure you don't even believe yourself when typing that bs.
    Why?

Kobe shot jacked the entire series, shot poorly from the field, was terrible in crunch time, and then had a terrible game 7.

Gasol was hardly perfect, but he went up against the Celtics front court and came away dominating the match up overall.

Its debatable....and I didn't bring it up. You did.

I merely laughed at something I saw posted that is funny. The notion of Kobe being the best player in the game this year is funny. Any non Kobe stan would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    They both shot roughly the same percentage in the finals and kobe's scoring was done on a higher volume. Dirk clearly outplayed Kobe in the fourth quarters, but Kobe also clearly outplayed Dirk throughout the normal course of games. Dirk was carried up until the fourth quarter in the majority of his finals games.. Dude shot in the low 30 percentile for the large, beginning duration of every single game.
    Similar numbers.

I'll take the guy that stepped up late and made the big plays over the guy that crumbled late.

Thats just me though.

50% of ppl from illinois picked d rose as the best

admire their loyalty

Why?

Kobe shot jacked the entire series, shot poorly from the field, was terrible in crunch time, and then had a terrible game 7.

Gasol was hardly perfect, but he went up against the Celtics front court and came away dominating the match up overall.

Its debatable....and I didn't bring it up. You did.

I merely laughed at something I saw posted that is funny. The notion of Kobe being the best player in the game this year is funny. Any non Kobe stan would agree.
    Lol I agree kobe currently number 1 in the league is funny, to say the least.

Im debating the Gasol FMVP thing only. You can't seriously be making a case for that. Refering to the only possible stat that could save your case, fg%, in which gasol had just a 7% higher than kobe while hes scoring everything from inside the paint. Gasol didn't only shoot poorly, but was a free pasageway on D and COSTED the Lakers game 4 and 5.

I didn't even miss the comercials on that series, and trust me, Kobe FMVP is not debatable.

Lol I agree kobe currently number 1 in the league is funny, to say the least.

Im debating the Gasol FMVP thing only. You can't seriously be making a case for that. Refering to the only possible stat that could save your case, fg%, in which gasol had just a 7% higher than kobe while hes scoring everything from inside the paint. Gasol didn't only shoot poorly, but was a free pasageway on D and COSTED the Lakers game 4 and 5.

I didn't even miss the comercials on that series, and trust me, Kobe FMVP is not debatable.
    I disagree.

It would be one thing if Kobe was clutch or something or took good shots. I don't mind the fg% at all. It was the reasons for it.

Kobe shot jacked and derailed the offense throughout the series. He also crumbled in crunch time. I think he shot like 26% for the series in the 4th qtrs.

Gasol was better in game 7 as well.

Just my opinion though. I don't really have a problem with Kobe winning. I have a problem with people saying its not debatable.

I disagree.

It would be one thing if Kobe was clutch or something or took good shots. I don't mind the fg% at all. It was the reasons for it.

Kobe shot jacked and derailed the offense throughout the series. He also crumbled in crunch time. I think he shot like 26% for the series in the 4th qtrs.

Gasol was better in game 7 as well.

Just my opinion though. I don't really have a problem with Kobe winning. I have a problem with people saying its not debatable.
    I guess this is pointless, you would even make a case for Luke Walton deserving FMVP if it was neccesary. Just know you are on the minority here, as in only yourelf.

I rule the local playground

To pretend its not debatable shows your bias. Sorry.
    It's not debatable when you look at the actual games man. I know it's easy to review the box-scores and "recall" what happened.

Ron Artest has a better case for FMVP than Gasol.

Artest stepped up defensively, played great on Pierce pretty much every single game, and in game 7, as well as some other game ( I forget I think it was 1 of the road ones,) he added a little extra too.

Gasol disappeared in away games. I mean I'm sure that the Lakers would have lost worse without Gasol than they would have without Artest, but Artest did his job defensively very consistently, Gasol had games where he was completely missing in action.

Kobe Bryant had some decent, and some pretty bad shooting games in the finals, but in that series it's part of his job to take bail-out shots. If the Lakers could have gotten a good offensive position every time down the court they would have swept the Celtics... It wasn't a team like the Mavs playing that are incredibly strong in their team offense. And they weren't playing against a team like Miami that has 2 overall unstoppable players that will score regardless of defense when they're playing well.

Lakers team offense relies on them being at an advantage on the inside, and being able to get the ball inside. Celtics were a team against which they DIDN'T have an advantage on the inside. that's why against a team like the Suns they can run up the score to 105-115 every game, but against the Celtics the games were so low scoring. The Laker big-man offense met the Celtics big-man defense, at which point the Laker's best bet was to: Defend the Celtics' offense, and pass off all the bad possessions to their best perimeter player (Kobe Bryant.)

The Celtics offense ran every single time THROUGH Rondo, whom Kobe was guarding. Did Kobe defend him perfectly? Obviously not, because if he completely shut him down the Celtics wouldn't have won a single game, but his contribution shrank a bit under Kobe's defense (remember the INSANE triple double he had against the Cavs that season? yeah that didn't happen against the Lakers.)

So in conclusion, Kobe did for his team what he had to for his team to win. Could he have made more of the shots he took? Yes, and it would have made his performance better, but you can't take credit away from him because of him taking those bad shots, because it was the offense that was failing, and he was the constant bail-out plan whenever he was on the court

I don't know where you're getting that I'm saying that Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now... of course he's not... he's like top 10 somewhere probably, could even be slightly outside of that.

More game watching, less box-score staring please.
    Last edited by Kiarip; 06-15-2011 at 12:02 AM.

I guess this is pointless, you would even make a case for Luke Walton deserving FMVP if it was neccesary. Just know you are on the minority here, as in only yourelf.
    I've heard plenty of people make arguments for Pau last year.

What? Now you want to act like its as absurd as making a case for Luke Walton?

What?

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    Results so far over 41.000 votes:
    Kobe 33%
    Nowitzki 28%
    Lebron 17%
    Rose 15%
    Other 7%

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...&pollId=115056
    Are people really that stupid? I mean Kobe got swept with HCA and Dirk clearly outplayed him and yet Kobe is leading.

With one of the worst supporting casts to ever win a title
    Bullshit. Dirk had a fantastic supporting cast. He wasn't carried, but his team definitely helped him out a lot.

I've heard plenty of people make arguments for Pau last year.

What? Now you want to act like its as absurd as making a case for Luke Walton?

What?

College star

I think only retards are allowed to vote in these ESPN polls.