Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Re: Jashaun Agosto- 7th grade star vs 10, 11 and 12th graders

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    He's a cute kid. He's lucky to have parents to care about him enough to invest so much time and energy in him and he's very talented.

But there are guys playing for the Harlem Globetrotters that have great talent and still can't crack an NBA roster.

It's not how you start it's how you finish.

Scottie Pippen wasn't highly touted and look where he ended up...the GOAT couldn't even make his HS team.
    Jaylin Fleming and Jashuan Agosto are the real things. They already have NBA mentors, they train 24/7. They are truely the next great rivalry. Derrick Rose even said they were better than him at the age of 10.

and that's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Laquinton was all size and athletism. Don't compare him to this kid. he has no size and athletism , all skill.

Are you serious? The kid is running sub-5 minute miles! I swear you don't use logic when posting sometimes man.

Not airballing my layups anymore

This kid is a 100% result of his father pushing him to points that no kid should be pushed. It's easy to achieve stuff at a really young age when you have that kind of "work ethic"(his father's will to destroy his childhood).

He's short, he's not quick with or without the ball and all of those "highlights" sucked ass. He's so small that his jumper is nearly all body still. He does have a lot of endurance but that's because he's so young, tiny and his father won't stop pushing him.

He's in for a huge letdown when he doesn't go pro because all of the shameless promotion his father keeps pushing for.

He's in 7th ****ing grade. Let him be a kid. Youtube videos been popping up since when, 3-4 years ago? FFS.

Jaylin Fleming and Jashuan Agosto are the real things. They already have NBA mentors, they train 24/7. They are truely the next great rivalry. Derrick Rose even said they were better than him at the age of 10.

and that's scary.

Like I said...it's not how you start it's how you finish. Kid's barely 5 feet in 7th grade and still shoots like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by JDKMagic
    This kid is a 100% result of his father pushing him to points that no kid should be pushed. He's short, he's not quick with or without the ball and all of those "highlights" sucked ass. He's so small that his jumper is nearly all body still.

He's in for a huge letdown when he doesn't go pro because all of the shameless promotion his father keeps pushing for.

He's in 7th ****ing grade. Let him be a kid. Youtube videos been popping up since when, 3-4 years ago? FFS.

Dude is pretty fast but I agree with everything else.

They don't hype up scrubs, everyone that is hyped at an early age always end up delivering.

Scribbles
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Some people here have clearly no idea who Jashaun Agosto is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles
    Some people here have clearly no idea who Jashaun Agosto is.

Yeah he's a kid....a 7th grader.

No way to tell what type of MAN he will be.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

the age difference is impressive...

but let's wait awhile...anyone with decent bball skills should be able to do what he's doing...especially as he's getting a pick set for him every single time down

Quote Originally Posted by No_Look604
    the age difference is impressive...

but let's wait awhile...anyone with decent bball skills should be able to do what he's doing...especially as he's getting a pick set for him every single time down

Man those kids did not look like future ballers at all though (except Jashaun)

College superstar

I have seen youtube vids of this kid balling years ago, it's not exactly an exclusive club of people who have heard about him.

While he got skills basketball is one of the few sports where unless you have size you rarely make it to the NBA. How many great college players have not made it in/to the NBA because scouts feared they would not cut it on the next level.

Unfortunately basketball is that kind of sport, I hope he can grow to at least a respectable NBA PG height.

Not airballing my layups anymore Euroball5's Avatar

And then there's this kid who's the same age as him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-JD...eature=related

I don't get picked last at the park anymore me_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    cute, source? :)

back on topic, heres a vid of the kid a couple years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8sfYZ0-Dws&feature=fvw

he shows great court vision and puts in a loud of effort to D. Im sure his long range shooting form will improve when he gets some more strength in his arms. Hopefully he gets some height tho. Could be a Curry/Rondo type of player one day. (undersized pg)

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Why the hell is some 4-foot 12 year-old in a stupid vid from some YMCA scrimmage being compared to Isaiah Thomas? You know what? He shouldn't even be compared to Curry and Rondo (who are, by the way, two Good for him, he'll make varsity if he keeps it up, but did we see anything even close to proof of NBA talent in that video? Not on your life. Children like this kid should be left alone to grow up to be whatever they want to be, but he's apparently already being put out there on the internet by adults who ought to know better.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

these are some of the weakest high school players I've seen in a while. my sons 8th grade AAU team would have locked him down. they saw much better players.