Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Durant will retire as the second best perimeter scorer

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Nope. I've seen people body him in the playoffs, when they let things slide a little more (still not to the physicality of pre 2006) and he gets extremely flustered. His game drops off mightily. I get he's playing well, but I'm not that quick to sip the koolaid.
    I've never seen him get flustered or pushed around except for when they played the Heat in the finals but other than that he can score with the best of them.

I still think he should bulk up a bit and no I'm not sipping the koolaid yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    That's actually how Lebron writes it.

Very good NBA starter

Nope. I've seen people body him in the playoffs, when they let things slide a little more (still not to the physicality of pre 2006) and he gets extremely flustered. His game drops off mightily. I get he's playing well, but I'm not that quick to sip the koolaid.
    KD has been beasting in the playoffs since like 2011. What the actual **** are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I've never seen him get flustered or pushed around except for when they played the Heat in the finals but other than that he can score with the best of them.

I still think he should bulk up a bit and no I'm not sipping the koolaid yet either.
    I don't think he isn't a great scorer, I don't think he's the 2nd best scorer I've ever seen ... let alone the 2nd greatest of all-time. His game, the ref boost, the current rules on the perimeter. It all really pads his numbers. I think in a more physical league his PPG would drop off near 4 ppg.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

He never goy pushed against the Heat. He avged 30ppg on 55%. He got in Foul trouble in crucial part of the games. The Heat didn't stop him offensively.

Stop the hype.

MJ >> KD ...

Put KD against physical Ds, double, triple team and less touch fouls ...

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    KD has been beasting in the playoffs since like 2011. What the actual **** are you talking about?
    When he faces great defenders who are allowed to be physical with him IN the playoffs he's struggled, dip shit. Pay attention.

There is no holes in his offensive game in THIS league, but under a different rule set ... he's flawed.

Thus not on pace to surpass MJ, or LeBron as you so overzealously claimed. You've pre jizzed your pants off a few games. Calm down. This has happened MANY times before.

You sound like a super excited idiot who has clearly never seen this type of stretch before. I wasn't even this overzealous with Kobe's run in 2006, and 2007 to make claims like these. And his scoring was superior.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Wow those Regular season numbers

Very good NBA starter

I don't think he isn't a great scorer, I don't think he's the 2nd best scorer I've ever seen ... let alone the 2nd greatest of all-time. His game, the ref boost, the current rules on the perimeter. It all really pads his numbers. I think in a more physical league his PPG would drop off near 4 ppg.
    Doubt it the rules are different, but not so different. A great player will always be a great player in any era. This isn't 06 when the refs were going crazy. Fts and ppg for perimeter players has steadily decreased since 06.

Good college starter

People are so short-sighted. He's having an amazing stretch but the season's not even over. He would need to do this consistently for multiple seasons to go down as the second best perimeter scorer.

Very good NBA starter

When he faces great defenders who are physical with him, dip shit. Pay attention. There is no holes in his offensive game in THIS league, but under a different rule set ... he's flawed. Thus not on pace to surpass MJ, or LeBron as you so overzealously claimed. You've pre jizzed your pants off a few games. Calm down. This has happened MANY times before. You sound like an idiot.
    Hey dumbass who is this great defenders that get into him. Ron Artest has tried this and he lit him up. He lit Paul George up too. What playoffs series are you talking about dipshit.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    People are so short-sighted. He's having an amazing stretch but the season's not even over. He would need to do this consistently for multiple seasons to go down as the second best perimeter scorer.
    He has been doing it for years.

Definitely a lock for 2nd. He has a huge chance to take 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Exactly. He's averaging the most PPG he ever has. He's averaging what past his prime Jordan was putting up in '96 in a more physically defended league.

juju151111 has been exposed as a child who just recently started watching basketball. Nothing Durant has done has been THAT exciting if you've even been watching the NBA for the last 7 years. It's not superior than Kobe's 2x year stretch.

Kid claimed to act like a Jordan fan, and after like a few game stretch declared Durant will be a superior scorer to Jordan. How ridiculous is that?

Hell, LeBron has 3 more 50 point games since 2008 compared to Durant, and he isn't even a one dimensional high volume scorer like Durant.

I remember when the Heat played the Thunder in finals I said to really take this in as this will be remembered in history as the championship between the two greatest SF's of all time. I just hope we get to see a couple more rematches and it turns into one of the all-time great rivalries.