Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dwight to "**** over" Magic, sign with Nets in offseason

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Twin Towers has been done so many times in the NBA. Its nothing new and gives you a big advantage on boards.

If you want to compare other twin towers of the past to a possible Lopez/Dwight duo id love to hear it.

Brook Lopez didn't even average 7 rebounds per game last year. How will Brook fair trying to guard stretch 4's?

Exactly. It aint happenin' brah'

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    utah has their first round pick from the d-will trade

Forgot about that.

Twin Towers has been done so many times in the NBA. Its nothing new and gives you a big advantage on boards.
    Way to go out on a limb there.

what if the NBA had a franchise tag?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Both him and Dwill are not going to give up an extra year and more money to run off to Dallas together. If you create the situation where HOward can control the move with his choice, it's a much easier sell. Deron has no roots here (he rents), Howard hasn't moved yet. But if they are both here and can start making plans together, they are not moving. They just aren't.

Play the pct's.
    Deron being in love with Dallas just make it more of a rental to Dwight, if they do traded for him. Dwight will not stay if he knows that Dwill will go to Dallas. Deron is not a 100% sure thing even if the Nets traded for Dwight or they guarantee that they will do whatever it takes to sign Dwight in the off season. But still a possibility that they will both plan to sign with Nets and move to Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    what if the NBA had a franchise tag?
    you'd think they would have figured out something during the last cba.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Brook Lopez can't play the PF position. He isn't anywhere mobile enough and he is a terrible rebounder for his size.
    dwight is mobile enough to guard either 4s or 5s, lopez could just guard whichever big he matches up best with.

Quote Originally Posted by k-vil
    Deron being in love with Dallas just make it more of a rental to Dwight, if they do traded for him. Dwight will not stay if he knows that Dwill will go to Dallas. Deron is not a 100% sure thing even if the Nets traded for Dwight or they guarantee that they will do whatever it takes to sign Dwight in the off season. But still a possibility that they will both plan to sign with Nets and move to Brooklyn.
    Doubt they make the move if there is even a 1% chance of dwight bolting.

Quote Originally Posted by k-vil
    There are no guarantees, but that doesn't mean every scenario has the same odds. You are basically saying a worst case scenario is still possible, thefore the Nets shouldn't do things that give them an advantage. That makes no sense at all.

What can I say, I don't watch much Nets games but Brook has done a little better in the past. And like my Cavs buddy said, Dwight can play the 4 then. Its not like having two bigs in the starting lineup is a bad thing. You Nets fans always over praise Brook anyway, keep Kris then. Either way, if Dwight goes there, Brooklyn is going to be an awesome team.

Guy's Nets still have their first rounder for this year, we only gave up last year's pick and GSW. SO yes a lottery pick is what we have as of now.

And from what we are hearing , the plan is to form a set of Twin Tower's with Lopez and Howard. BK is trying his best to shed more salary and expect guy's like Farmar gone to shed salary.

Our starting Line-up could consist of Deron-Brooks-Barnes-Lopez-Howard which would be a dream come true.

I don't think Net Fans are mad at us possibly playing Lopez along D12, we know what Lopez can do and Howard can definitely cover Lopez's weaknesses.

Woj trying to expose our petential plan
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 03-13-2012 at 03:15 PM.

If this is true, it could not come at a better time for the Nets. If I was the mad rich Russian, I would say basically, **** a trade. They are going to get a nice draft pick too don't forget. Lets just say they draft Harrison Barnes. Next year could look like this........ Williams/Brooks/Barnes/Lopez/Howard. Pretty nice to go along with their move.
    If Dwight and Deron is a sure thing (and i'm assuming that they are 100% sure will sign D12 in the offseason) I will trade Brook Lopez for a SF and resign Humphries in the off season.

Call up GSW & NO...

Ship Howard + filler to GSW!

Get Kaman & Monta in ORL lol

NO can get some decent assets!

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Guy's Nets still have their first rounder for this year, we only gave up last year's pick and GSW. SO yes a lottery pick is what we have as of now.

And from what we are hearing , the plan is to form a set of Twin Tower's with Lopez and Howard. BK is trying his best to shed more salary and expect guy's like Farmar gone to shed salary.

Our starting Line-up could consist of Deron-Brooks-Barnes-Lopez-Howard which would be a dream come true.

I don't think Net Fans are mad at us possibly playing Lopez along D12, we know what Lopez can do and Howard can definitely cover Lopez's weaknesses.
    i don't like the Lopez/Howard thing at all, it's going to be this big plodding guy in HOward's way. You need to spread the ball a bit. Brooks is not a standtill shooter guy, he's a move and shoot. More balance.

still think about this conversation i am starting with you and you should be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    dwight is mobile enough to guard either 4s or 5s, lopez could just guard whichever big he matches up best with.

C'mon man, Dwight isnt gonna be roaming the perimeter guarding guys like(for example) Ryan Anderson, Kevin Love, etc.

Dwight is a 5 who needs to be down low at all times for off rebound opportunities, and of course on defense for boards and blks or to at least alter shots of players driving the lane.

Not trying to give you a hard time but I just strongly disagree with what you're saying my man.