Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Dwight to "**** over" Magic, sign with Nets in offseason

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...s_trade_031312

My favorite part of the article is the thought that this is a big secret as Wojo prints it in an article in Yahoo. (Dwight is secretly going to the Nets. Shh...no one knows this fact i am printing IN YAHOO.)

Methinks a trade is coming to the Nets.....

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight to "**** over" Magic, sign with Nets in offseason

Very reminiscent of the Carmelo trade. Everyone knew he wanted NYC and he eventually got it. Here's to hoping the results are the same.

8th seed, here we come!!

If Dwight really wants to go to Brooklyn, why would the Nets trade for him if they can sign him this off season plus retaining their assets

I seriously don't get the mindset of sports media and most fans. So we now consider star players "bad guys" for wanting to move on when their contract is up? I don't get it.

If a player goes all out for you and gives you 8 years of dedication I can't view him in a negative way for wanting to leave. I guess that makes me weird.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I seriously don't get the mindset of sports media and most fans. So we now consider star players "bad guys" for wanting to move on when their contract is up? I don't get it.

If a player goes all out for you and gives you 8 years of dedication I can't view him in a negative way for wanting to leave. I guess that makes me weird.
    He should let Orlando know his intentions very clearly. He shouldn't leave it up in the air and make them think they can get him to stay if they go out and bring in some expensive names before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS

this is the league's problem. you wanna make right? compensate the team that loses a superstar with a couple first rounders (from whatever team said player signs with) if said player walks for nothing. problem solved.

If I'm the Nets I don't even trade for him, they're not contenders this season and they shouldn't trade half their team for him if they can just sign in in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    He should let Orlando know his intentions very clearly. He shouldn't leave it up in the air and make them think they can get him to stay if they go out and bring in some expensive names before the deadline.
    Did you not read the article? Everybody but one guy says Dwight is leaving. Unfortunately that one guy is the one who needs to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    If I'm the Nets I don't even trade for him, they're not contenders this season and they shouldn't trade half their team for him if they can just sign in in the offseason.
    This.
    They are low-balling the Magic because maybe they know something that most of us don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Did you not read the article? Everybody but one guy says Dwight is leaving. Unfortunately that one guy is the one who needs to believe it.
    But has Dwight himself said it? That's my point. Until Dwight himself definitively says what he's going to do, it's all speculation and it's all up in the air. The Magic obviously think they can get Dwight to stay by bringing in players like Monta Ellis. But if Dwight knows that he's going to leave in the summer, he should let Orlando know.

NBA lottery pick

If the Magic don

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION

I hear you but I just don't think thats fair to ask of a person. Most people seem to not realize (or simply not care) that most star players will only be an unrestricted free agent 1 time in their careers.

Deciding what team to join is a big decision personally as well as possibly the biggest professional decision a person can make. How can you expect him to know a year in a advance what he wants to do?

PS - Hasn't Dwight already said what he would do? He said he will test free agency and explore his options, what more do you want him to say?
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 03-13-2012 at 02:41 PM.

I have really lost all respect for Dwight, not for leaving Orl, but for how he has handled the whole thing and because his choice looks to be the Nets. I guess it doesn't matter because him and Deron and spare parts in NJ/Brooklyn won't win a championship but its cute he thinks he is good enough to be the Man on whatever team he goes to and its gonna amount to Chips. Sorry, wrong.

Let's not jinx it this time. Most of us believe that Dwight will be a Net. We just dont know if this season or the next.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Let's be honest, these guys are fickle. If you let him out on the open market you run the risk of him getting wooed by another team and then changing his heart last second. If you have a chance to get him now and lock him up now, you do it immediately.

Deron is also a moving part here. If the two of them on the open market decide that Dallas is the place to be, then you **** yourself.