Default How good is Rajon Rondo?

He's put up impressive stats for awhile and he has had some crazy playoff games. How good is he really? ESPN didn't even have him in the top 100. I think at this point he might be slightly underrated.

Jordan Stopper

Default Re: How good is Rajon Rondo?

He is Tyreke-lite, in a point guard frame

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    He is Tyreke-lite, in a point guard frame
    I personally think Rajon Rondo is a better playmaker. However, Rondo is also a worse shooter. However, I don't understand why Rondo doesn't get more love. He shot pretty even from 3 last season.

Hes still an elite PG to me. Not his fault Rick Carlise forgot how to coach and that he couldnt turn around a dysfunctional Kings franchise

At the end of the day he has the championship, the numbers, and an abundance of big playoffs games to back him up.

Frustrating to watch. His poor free throw shooting is particularly painful. His outside shot is not great but, because he is intelligent, he manages to take mostly good shots and his percentage is acceptable.

Generally, he is a genius with the ball and at least one time per game, he'll do something highlight reel worthy. He's one player I will always look forward to watching. This season as well. In the right situation, he can control a game completely. In big games, he plays better.

Coupled with Wade, who is a real scoring threat, this could be magic. Rondo, will figure out how to make life easier for Wade. I expect Wade to have a great season because Rondo will make sure he gets off.

In fact, Butler and Mirotic will benefit greatly as well.

Let us see.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

He is a really good all around player, too bad the only thing he sucks at is a big deal. Who remembers Kobe basically playing zone while sagging off Rondo because he couldn't make a jump shot? He was great in Boston but it was a great situation where he was surrounded by clutch, Hall of Fame shooters. Rondo probably isn't going to be lucky enough to find a perfect fit like that again.

first and foremost, this era is very hard to play in for a PGof his type.

unfortunately, he makes it even harder to like him with his attitude/reputation and lack of effort on the defensive end.

i miss the rondo from 2008-2012

no jumpshot