Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Lakers gave up way TOOO much for AD

Lakers have about 28 mill to fill out remaining roster. This is not enough for another mega star.

Here's how I see it:
    1) Offer Brogdon 15 mill
    2) Sign Korver for 5 mill
    3) Sign Brook Lopez for 5 mill
    3) Sign Vince Carter, Caruso, Ellington for vet mins.

Brogdon | Caruso
    Korver | Ellington
    Kuzma | Carter
    James | Wagner
    Davis | Lopez

Laker haters gonna hate. First we get ridiculed for drafting guys like ball and Ingram, now we get ridiculed for trading them for a proven superstar. And it’s been mentioned, the real test this offseason for pelinKa is how he is going to fill the rest of the roster. Landing AD was easy. But how about the rest of the team? Will rob redeem himself and get us quality shooters and defenders? Or will he **** up again by signing a motley crew of eccentric vets and ‘playmakers’?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Lakers need a PG one who can shoot..need 3/D guys ..

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Lakers have about 28 mill to fill out remaining roster. This is not enough for another mega star.

Here's how I see it:
    1) Offer Brogdon 15 mill
    That's not happening. He's easily a 20+ in the current landcape.

You had multiple teams throwing 4 year / $74,832,500 at Allen Crabbe just a few back.

Ingram leaving was hard to swallow I admit. I was in the minority of laker fans who would have rather kept Ingram over kuzma. Ingram’s skills are irreplaceable. He had developed a killer midrange game toward the end of the season, getting to his spots comfortably with ease. Good weapon to have in clutch esp when LeTurnover is chucking 36 footers in crunch time.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=bison]Ingram leaving was hard to swallow I admit. I was in the minority of laker fans who would have rather kept Ingram over kuzma. Ingram

Nope.

Winning in the NBA is all about top tier talent. Lakers gave up a few players who might make some all-star games but nothing they gave up has the potential to be a superstar level player.

Youth and potential is severely overrated when you have the opportunity to trade for a superstar. Not so in other situations but if the hold up for getting a superstar on your team is someone like adding Lonzo or adding Ingram then you'd be an absolute damn fool to not do that.

No one wanted to join the Lakers the last few years because they were horseshit with no star power and no real assets. Now they have AD who will be locked up long term and no real bad contracts. Lakers are back

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Nope.

Winning in the NBA is all about top tier talent. Lakers gave up a few players who might make some all-star games but nothing they gave up has the potential to be a superstar level player.

Youth and potential is severely overrated when you have the opportunity to trade for a superstar. Not so in other situations but if the hold up for getting a superstar on your team is someone like adding Lonzo or adding Ingram then you'd be an absolute damn fool to not do that.

No one wanted to join the Lakers the last few years because they were horseshit with no star power and no real assets. Now they have AD who will be locked up long term and no real bad contracts. Lakers are back
    Back w what? I love Davis but no team is going from not being in the playoffs to title contender in a year.

Here

[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]Back w what? I love Davis but no team is going from not being in the playoffs to title contender in a year.

Here

Gave up too much??

They gave away scrubs for a top 5 player. A generational talent. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a legit moron

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder View Post
    Back w what? I love Davis but no team is going from not being in the playoffs to title contender in a year.

Here
    Oh no

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder View Post

Here

You are now blessed by thy Lake Show.