Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery

Hope for the best, guys!

Yes Yes Yes

#2 pick. YES!! HELL YEAH! WOW SO HAPPY

Home of the 16

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. #2 in 3 straight years. I'm content with that (who wouldnt) wooooooooooooooooooo

NBA lottery pick

Looks like Lonzo Ball will be a Laker.

Can't wait to draft another bust! WOOOO!

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by InsanityKills
    Can't wait to draft another bust! WOOOO!

Ball is not going to be a bust. He lead the nation in assists, as a freshman, with a bunch of scrubs around him. He's the real deal. He truly is that guy that is going to come in and make the rest of our roster better. Just watch.

Lonzo Ball joining us represents the new era of Showtime we have all felt coming over the last few years. Its here now.

Porzingis is unhappy at NY, who would you give up to make a fair trade to get him? Phil loves tall PGs and smart utility players like Junior, would they be enough? Would you trade BI for unicorn?

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Thread | Lonzo Hype?

I'm not sure NY would do that deal and it's not really worth it. It would have to be a deal that blows them away and that would likely include the 2nd pick.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Porzingis is unhappy at NY, who would you give up to make a fair trade to get him? Phil loves tall PGs and smart utility players like Junior, would they be enough? Would you trade BI for unicorn?
    If Phil's willing to trade him, I'd be happy if the Lakers shipped D'Lo & Randle for Unicorn. Not BI though. Never (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    If Phil's willing to trade him, I'd be happy if the Lakers shipped D'Lo & Randle for Unicorn. Not BI though. Never (for now).
    As a Lakers fan, yeah, I would do that deal but I'm not sure Phil would do it, if he ask for Ingram, would you do it?
    I would consider it bec Unicorn looks more polished right now, unless of course BI would significantly improve on his 3pt shooting, then it's a no for me.

NBA lottery pick

I think I agree with what Magic has been saying and we keep Ingram as the one untouchable. It would take a very good deal for the Lakers to give him up. I don't see doing it for Porzingas. It's too early to tell which one is going to be the better player yet. Both teams are better off just keeping their young guy in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think I agree with what Magic has been saying and we keep Ingram as the one untouchable. It would take a very good deal for the Lakers to give him up. I don't see doing it for Porzingas. It's too early to tell which one is going to be the better player yet. Both teams are better off just keeping their young guy in that case.
    I think it's a huge mistake declaring anybody as "untouchable". Yes, Ingram is humble and a smart kid but the guy still have a lot to prove.
    Most fans are convinced that he dramatically improved after the All-star break but let's check the numbers.
    http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1627742/traditional/
    21 games where atleast 12-14 are blowouts, as the other team would sit their best players bec the outcome was already settled early and the Lakers in tank mode.
    FT%, where there's no defender in front of him, from 65% to an abysmal 54.5%
    turnovers from 1.3 increase to 2.0/game
    rebs from 4.1 to 3.9.
    Yes he had marginal improvement on other other stats but the one very critical stat for me is his 3pt shooting.
    From 30.4% to 26.9% again facing mostly opposing scrubs bec the game is out of reach.
    Final 7 games in April he became very judicious with his 3pt shots, barely attempting at 1.1 shots, just shot 25%.
    I strongly believe that Luke started using him as a "facilitator"/passer so he can hide him and not put him in a situation when the other team is intentionally leaving him open so hell be dared to take more 3pt shots.
    That is why I am pushing really hard in hiring a top notched shooting coach bec of the possibility of him going to the Anthony Brown path.

NBA lottery pick

The numbers mean nothing to me. Everyone knows they don't look good on paper. But he did look quite promising in the games. He's definitely a work in progress. I don't see trading young assets to be a 7 seed in the playoffs. Dumbest move ever. Being stuck in mediocrity is the worst place to be in the NBA. Plus by Magic calling him untouchable all it does is make his worth go up. If there was a slight possibility of a trade teams will have to up their offer. The Lakers should keep building. Keep developing their young guys. Then once Golden State is forced to break up and Lebron is getting up there in age they will have some young guys in their prime. Then they can make moves. The Lakers aren't going to be contender overnight like they could in the past.