Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Rasheed Wallace was a better player than Kevin Garnett

Facts.

He always got the better of Garnett in the playoffs.

He carried Portland within a quarter of the NBA Finals when they played a prime Shaq and Kobe team.

When he got traded to Detroit he was the piece that put them over the top.

Kevin Garnett on the other hand was a career loser on the T'Wolves. They had 1 great year in the playoffs vs the Lakers where they lost.

KG joined a super team and still only won a single championship. He was probably the weakest link of the big 3.

Agree or Disagree?

Default Re: Rasheed Wallace was a better player than Kevin Garnett

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents

NBA Legend

You could reasonably argue Rasheed had more talent. But in terms of consistency and dependability, KG is so far ahead of him that it doesn't allow any legitimate consideration of taking Rasheed over KG for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Facts.

He always got the better of Garnett in the playoffs.

He carried Portland within a quarter of the NBA Finals when they played a prime Shaq and Kobe team.

When he got traded to Detroit he was the piece that put them over the top.

Kevin Garnett on the other hand was a career loser on the T'Wolves. They had 1 great year in the playoffs vs the Lakers where they lost.

KG joined a super team and still only won a single championship. He was probably the weakest link of the big 3.

Agree or Disagree?
    my god i disagree with pretty much everything here besides him putting det over top . portland was a super team with steve smith and pippen too even if rasheed was their best guy. kg had no one at even an all star level til cassell. also, u cant be serious with saying he's the weakest of the big 3

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    my god i disagree with pretty much everything here besides him putting det over top . portland was a super team with steve smith and pippen too even if rasheed was their best guy. kg had no one at even an all star level til cassell. also, u cant be serious with saying he's the weakest of the big 3

KG was almost Chris Webber like in the clutch during the NBA Finals. Constant mistakes. Ray Allen and Pierce made clutch shots and defensive plays. Pierce shut Kobe down.

Garnett had maybe one memorable offensive play in a clutch situation.

Garnett was vital but I think the weakest performer that series.

Im tired of the no help excuse. If you legitimately want to win then get the **** out of your shitty franchise if you notice there is no direction

Rasheed had a way better career than Garnett and the proof is in his regular season sucess and playoff sucess

Garnett was stuck in the lottery for most of his career

KG was almost Chris Webber like in the clutch during the NBA Finals. Constant mistakes. Ray Allen and Pierce made clutch shots and defensive plays. Pierce shut Kobe down.

Garnett had maybe one memorable offensive play in a clutch situation.

Garnett was vital but I think the weakest performer that series.
    KG was easily the Celtics best player through the first 3 rounds though

Easily one of the dumbest threads in ISH history. "Consistently got the better of him in the playoffs"? You know that we can look up stuff to see if you're full of shit, right? And the evidence I found says you're full of shit.

They played TWICE in the playoffs (2000 WC First round and 2008 ECF). Rasheed's Blazers won the first won, KG's Celtics the second. Here are their stats

2000 WCR1 (Blazers won 4-1)

Rasheed: 13.5/6.0/3.0/1.0/1.5 on .524/.500/.750
    KG: 18.8/10.8/8.8/1.3/0.8 on .385/.667/.813

KG was the first option on a much weaker team, Rasheed was on a much better team.

2008 ECF (Celtics won 4-2)

KG: 22.8/9.7/3.3/0.8/1.0 on .525/.250/.811
    Rasheed: 12.0/7.0/1.7/0.8/2.0 on .415/.308/.833

So the first series KG was clearly outmatched team wise, probably explaining his awful efficiency. Still averaged close to a triple double, and it's not like Rasheed's stats that series are impressive, especially since played 42.3 MPG in that series.

In the second series, KG took a giant steaming shit on Rasheed.

There's no point in comparing their career stats and accolades, because we know KG destroys him there already.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Easily one of the dumbest threads in ISH history. "Consistently got the better of him in the playoffs"? You know that we can look up stuff to see if you're full of shit, right? And the evidence I found says you're full of shit.

They played TWICE in the playoffs (2000 WC First round and 2008 ECF). Rasheed's Blazers won the first won, KG's Celtics the second. Here are their stats

2000 WCR1 (Blazers won 4-1)

Rasheed: 13.5/6.0/3.0/1.0/1.5 on .524/.500/.750
    KG: 18.8/10.8/8.8/1.3/0.8 on .385/.667/.813

KG was the first option on a much weaker team, Rasheed was on a much better team.

2008 ECF (Celtics won 4-2)

KG: 22.8/9.7/3.3/0.8/1.0 on .525/.250/.811
    Rasheed: 12.0/7.0/1.7/0.8/2.0 on .415/.308/.833

So the first series KG was clearly outmatched team wise, probably explaining his awful efficiency. Still averaged close to a triple double, and it's not like Rasheed's stats that series are impressive, especially since played 42.3 MPG in that series.

In the second series, KG took a giant steaming shit on Rasheed.

There's no point in comparing their career stats and accolades, because we know KG destroys him there already.
    Sheed held KG to 38% from the field when they were both in their primes? Holy sh*t thanks for proving my point.

You want to use Sheed's numbers when he played in New York and compare them to Garnett's as well?

Sheed held KG to 38% from the field when they were both in their primes? Holy sh*t thanks for proving my point.

You want to use Sheed's numbers when he played in New York and compare them to Garnett's as well?
    1. You're assuming KG shot 38% against Rasheed only. You know that's unlikely.

2. It took Rasheed over 42 minutes to put up 13/6, that isn't shit.

3. Yeah, KG shot like shit but he had a better statline still. I'm assuming he received FAR more defensive attention, which would explain the efficiency gap.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Im tired of the no help excuse. If you legitimately want to win then get the **** out of your shitty franchise if you notice there is no direction

Rasheed had a way better career than Garnett and the proof is in his regular season sucess and playoff sucess

Garnett was stuck in the lottery for most of his career

Exactly. The numbers don't back me up but I thought it needed to be said. If you actually watched them both play Sheed was a talented mother****er. He was just a headcase. Almost JR Smith like but with way more talent.

I don't think the NBA has ever had a player quite like Rasheed Wallace. He was just an assh*le that didn't want to work hard and he didn't like being a star. He hated going to all-star games.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    1. You're assuming KG shot 38% against Rasheed only. You know that's unlikely.

2. It took Rasheed over 42 minutes to put up 13/6, that isn't shit.

3. Yeah, KG shot like shit but he had a better statline still. I'm assuming he received FAR more defensive attention, which would explain the efficiency gap.

I'd be interested in seeing their all-time record in the regular season. POR VS MIN stats only.

I haven't checked it either. And the Wolves weren't trash. They had some good teams. They played the Lakers tough in I think the 04 playoffs.

I'd be interested in seeing their all-time record in the regular season. POR VS MIN stats only.

I haven't checked it either. And the Wolves weren't trash. They had some good teams. They played the Lakers tough in I think the 04 playoffs.
    You don't want to see their head to head lol