Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Yao Ming retires from the NBA

A shame he was never able to stay healthy.

Would have loved to continue watching that epic rivalry between Yao and Shaq.

Banned

Damn dude was a beast in his prime.

AGASTYGW#%&$^uwIT%&DR*RGHS - Chinese for see ya later

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I hope he gets better and is able to walk pain free as he ages.

Banned

Chairman Yi has to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Chairman Yi has to step up.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=192374

One of my biggest regrets is never getting to see him play in person. Great player, person and ambassador for the game globally. The NBA owes Yao Ming a lot for getting the NBA a worldwide sport. Always seemed so humble. Its a real shame because he was becoming a force in the league and I think he could have become one of the NBA greats if he just could have stayed healthy.

I usually hit open layups Nowitzness81's Avatar

Hit 83 percent of his free throws. Pretty awesome for a 7-6 guy.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    One of my biggest regrets is never getting to see him play in person. Great player, person and ambassador for the game globally. The NBA owes Yao Ming a lot for getting the NBA a worldwide sport. Always seemed so humble. Its a real shame because he was becoming a force in the league and I think he could have become one of the NBA greats if he just could have stayed healthy.
    I sat here debating for maybe two minutes over whether or not Yao is the type of player you HAVE TO see in person. There's maybe 10 guys a year or so that fall into that. Don't get me wrong I think he has skills, but I don't think I'd put him in that category. Maybe in like 07 when he was on a tear and was the best center in the league before he broke his leg. maybe..

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I sat here debating for maybe two minutes over whether or not Yao is the type of player you HAVE TO see in person. There's maybe 10 guys a year or so that fall into that. Don't get me wrong I think he has skills, but I don't think I'd put him in that category. Maybe in like 07 when he was on a tear and was the best center in the league before he broke his leg. maybe..
    He was just a player for me personally that I really wanted to see. I have always been a big fan of his, and he really is the first of his kind. First great player from asia and was a giant. I never said he was a player who people must see, simply that I really wanted to see him and am disappointed that that will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I got to see it... back in the day against the Clippers. Steve Francis took over and taunted the crowd. Blew the Clips out by 20.

He looks bigger in person (6 rows back) than he does on TV, that's for sure.

Sad to see him retire. He was loaded with skills before coming to the NBA. Excellent footwork, court vision, and a great shooting touch for his size. A guy of his size aren't built to play non-stop basketball every year and ultimately doom his career. He was the only center that played Shaq consistently well in post 2000 era.

NBA lottery pick

Rockets and Chinese government f***** him up. Played too many games for a guy with his body.

Local High School Star Joey Zaza's Avatar

I know he's retiring, but he's not dead, so we can criticize him. Dude was never as good as he was supposed to be. He couldn't stay healthy. He never got out of the 1st round. He couldn't grab 10bds a game. He couildn't catch a ball on the move and make a play. He was slow.

He was a good player. A big draw. He was one of the top centers in the league when he played...but in alot of ways, he was a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
    I know he's retiring, but he's not dead, so we can criticize him. Dude was never as good as he was supposed to be. He couldn't stay healthy. He never got out of the 1st round. He couldn't grab 10bds a game. He couildn't catch a ball on the move and make a play. He was slow.

He was a good player. A big draw. He was one of the top centers in the league when he played...but in alot of ways, he was a bust.
    i hate this argument. so tmac was a bust too i guess?

p.s. he did get out of the first round