Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Hypocrisies in feminism

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    what kind of shit university are you attending that has mandatory feminism classes? this doesnt exist in the states.
    it was called Visual Communication in the Media or some shit, but for all intents and purposes was feminism 101 because every lecture was about feminist theory and every topic was somehow spun in to women being repressed.

But I did go to a shit university as well, I will tell you that much

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Feminism is pretty much ugly women hating on pretty women and promoting Marxism/communism.
    Yes that's exactly the impression I got! But you can't say this shit to people or you get branded a hateful misogynist!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    it was called Visual Communication in the Media or some shit, but for all intents and purposes was feminism 101 because every lecture was about feminist theory and every topic was somehow spun in to women being repressed.

thats the name of a required course?

Banned

thats the name of a required course?
    yes it was something bullshit like that, maybe it was called Media Studies or something but it was really just feminism 101.

Yes, my uni was quite shit-let's just say it was not on the same spectrum as Oxford or Cambridge XD

what kind of shit university are you attending that has mandatory feminism classes? this doesnt exist in the states.
    He's in England, which has a horrifically left wing school system. Unles of course you attend one of the countless government funded islamic school.

All schools in England teach that English people don't exist and are inherently bad oppressive people.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

a feminist icon that we were taught about in university as being some brilliant musical artist. Turns out her music is shit and all she does is grind on dudes while singing about wanting to phuck them, and isnt that hot
    You must have went to a shit university if they taught you about Peaches

I actually saw Peaches live once. They were terrible and I left in the middle of their show because their music was terrible (I went to see Eagles of Death Metal open for them, but sadly they were terrible too).

Aw, ok, well at least you know.

NBA Legend

Actually when I was briefly attending OSU, the English course I took was taught by some TA who was an obvious lesbian, which is not a problem in itself, but practically everything we read had themes of gender equality or someone coming to grips with their sexuality and all that sort of stuff.

Thats pretty much what you pay for from college these days. Watching some guy or gal huff and puff their social/politicial viewpoints from a soapbox for 45 minutes. Blatant waste of time and money.

Thats why its called a school. Big school of fish just swimming in whatever direction the rest of the group is swimming. And the funny thing is, none of it actually prepares you to swim with the sharks when youre done.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Actually when I was briefly attending OSU, the English course I took was taught by some TA who was an obvious lesbian, which is not a problem in itself, but practically everything we read had themes of gender equality or someone coming to grips with their sexuality and all that sort of stuff.

Thats pretty much what you pay for from college these days. Watching some guy or gal huff and puff their social/politicial viewpoints from a soapbox for 45 minutes. Blatant waste of time and money.

Thats why its called a school. Big school of fish just swimming in whatever direction the rest of the group is swimming. And the funny thing is, none of it actually prepares you to swim with the sharks when youre done.
    It prepared me

I think you need to have some self direction and know what you want to get out of school. I know many people who went to school and just got through it with no direction, and when they were spit out the other end, they had a diploma but no idea what to do with it.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    It prepared me

In what ways?

Note that I dont mean it may not fulfill a token requirement to get a particular job. Obviously in the current backward system it often does. But how does it actually prepare you in terms of personal development to succeed in life?

because you are such a strong swimmer today, right? remind me what you do for a living right now.

Banned

You are right. All it prepares you to do is be a good little office drone in the work force and fit in to others in 9-5 jobs. University teaches compliance and not much else that is useful.

Unfortunately, most of the world is still under the impression you need to go to university to have any chance at being successful

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    He's in England, which has a horrifically left wing school system. Unles of course you attend one of the countless government funded islamic school.

All schools in England teach that English people don't exist and are inherently bad oppressive people.
    Seems a fair assumption to make from 5000 miles away

In what ways?

Note that I dont mean it may not fulfill a token requirement to get a particular job. Obviously in the current backward system it often does. But how does it actually prepare you in terms of personal development to succeed in life?
    I meant it prepared me for my career. Because I had a direction career wise, I was able to take classes that prepared me for said career.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I meant it prepared me for my career. Because I had a direction career wise, I was able to take classes that prepared me for said career.

For sure. Obviously some classes usually relate to your chosen career field and thats helpful.

But what percentage of classes you took throughout the course of getting a degree would you say were directly useful to you? Arent you a therapist or something? (Or maybe Im confusing you with a diff poster). Were the mandatory math and english and elective credits you had to pay thousands for of much use when it came time to practice?

Could you have skipped half the course load over that four years and still been equally as prepared?