Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Miami HEAT Winning Streak

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Dude why did you even quote me if you are not gonna reply to my message.

16 out of 17 means nothing thats not to say they havent been very impressive but nobody will remember that at the end of the day.So spurs as great as they have been didnt have a stretch like this this year..So dont bring up spurs.

Again what you are talking about is purely intangible.Somebody could easily say miami has been much more impressive because they generally let teams get comfortable before locking them down in the 4th quarter as we repeatedly saw during this winning streak.

Dude again as i said if they win pacers game they could be looking at 2nd best winning streak which is 22+ win streak which is true.If you are gonna define best as do the most with the least then i dont have anything to say to you.Because you are talking about something noone can prove.

Let me make myself clear i can easily say charlotte 3 game winning streak is best this season because their lineup is horrible.
    If you extend the Heat's streak one game further back they would be on a streak of 17 of their last 18 games. Practically the same thing as I mentioned the Spurs had previously done this season. Why do you make it seem like there is such a disparity when the accomplishment is near equal? When it comes down to it, if the same amount of wins are collected who cares what order they come in?

By the logic of your last sentence, given how stacked the Heat's team is their streak shouldn't be given as much credit.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    If you extend the Heat's streak one game further back they would be on a streak of 17 of their last 18 games. Practically the same thing as I mentioned the Spurs had previously done this season. Why do you make it seem like there is such a disparity when the accomplishment is near equal? When it comes down to it, if the same amount of wins are collected who cares what order they come in?

By the logic of your last sentence, given how stacked the Heat's team is their streak shouldn't be given as much credit.
    1-Dude thats not the same and everyone knows that.Winning that much in succession is much harder.Its much easier to win 16 out 17(lose in the middle) than 16 straight wins.Thats why nobody keeps track of those games.Nobody says 1996 cavs(example) won 17 out of 18.They say bulls won 18 straight.Another thing is schedule during spurs winning streak(16 out 17) is easier than miami's.

Another thing,they lost to detroit that should tell you how hard its to win that many games without losing.You get complacent.

Moreover that supposed 16 out of 17 is as good as rookie going 35-9 without a turnover or lebron going 30+/60%.Very arbitrary streaks that nobody will remember.

Nobody is gonna say:You know spurs won 16 out 17 just as nobody will say lebron shot 30+/60%fg for 6 straight games.

2-That was your logic you said "given how stacked they are" not me.
    Dont put your words in my mouth.

I completely forgot about the Clippers 17 win streak.. when was that again?

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    1-Dude thats not the same and everyone knows that.Winning that much in succession is much harder.Its much easier to win 16 out 17(lose in the middle) than 16 straight wins.Thats why nobody keeps track of those games.Nobody says 1996 cavs(example) won 17 out of 18.They say bulls won 18 straight.Another thing is schedule during spurs winning streak(16 out 17) is easier than miami's.
    What's the difference, momentum? Sure maybe a tad bit, but overall unless it's the regular season and unless you take one of these streaks into the playoffs all that matters are the W's and the L's. Also this streak was done without Duncan or Ginobili for the most part, which should make it in principle (following your circumstances rule) more impressive than Miami's, no?

Another thing,they lost to detroit that should tell you how hard its to win that many games without losing.You get complacent.
    Yeah on the road, with 2 of our big 3 out, in the midst of our brutal rodeo road trip. That's not being complacent, it's being injured. Should I go on to name all the shit teams the Heat have lost to this season at full strength?

2-That was your logic you said "given how stacked they are" not me. Dont put your words in my mouth.
    No it wasn't. You said Charlotte's three game win streak could be considered the best this season due to how weak their roster is. I switched it around on you and said that, following the same logic, the Heat's streak could be viewed as lesser of an accomplishment because they are by far the most stacked team in the league. Or does your logic only work your way, not mine?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    What's the difference, momentum? Sure maybe a tad bit, but overall unless it's the regular season and unless you take one of these streaks into the playoffs all that matters are the W's and the L's. Also this streak was done without Duncan or Ginobili for the most part, which should make it in principle (following your circumstances rule) more impressive than Miami's, no?
    Dude again please an arbitrary streak means nothing.Yes they are the best franchise i am a big fan of popovich basketball reminds me of european basketball depends on fundamentals but winning 11 then losing to some scrub team thats missing very important piece then winning is not that impressive.Nobody is gonna remember that.
    For duncan and ginobili part please refer to the last paragraph that i quoted from you

Yeah on the road, with 2 of our big 3 out, in the midst of our brutal rodeo road trip. That's not being complacent, it's being injured. Should I go on to name all the shit teams the Heat have lost to this season at full strength?
    Brutal road trip?????????
    Do i know more about spurs than you?
    They didnt have back to back then previous 11-12 days they had only 3 games combined winning percentage below .300 and brutal road trip you are talking about minnesota then damn shame.
    Minny was missing ak47 and love injured and rubio didnt even have his legs under him then one day off then detroit team which was missing drummond.
    If thats a brutal road trip....

No it wasn't. You said Charlotte's three game win streak could be considered the best this season due to how weak their roster is. I switched it around on you and said that, following the same logic, the Heat's streak could be viewed as lesser of an accomplishment because they are by far the most stacked team in the league. Or does your logic only work your way, not mine?
    Please read what you wrote again.Thats not me thats you
    "Miami is by far the best team in the league with the most versatile artillery of weapons. They are a historically stacked squad, even if most don't want to accept this. There have been many larger winning streaks by teams with much less talent in the history of the league."

BTW thank you after trying to have a reasonable debate with 9empiree
    repped

18 wins in a row and counting. Ties for the 7th longest winning streak of all time. One more win puts them top 5. HEAT have now beaten every team in the league this season. Rio with 26 points on 9 shots.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

If the Heat consistently give the same effort for the next five games, they should be able to break the Rockets' win streak of 22. However, the Boston game is always going to be rough, they've already lost to the Celts this year without Rondo.

If they somehow win against the Celtics, they'll either lose to a bottom feeder, or lose to the Bulls/Spurs. I can see their streak being stopped at around 24 or so. But knowing how teams can get complacent, I wouldn't be surprised of ATL beat them next game.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

What makes MIami streak even more impressive is EVERY team brings there A gm against them and wants to beat them anyway being the Defending champs.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

The streak has been fun to watch. But I'm telling you "the Heat is gonna burn out"

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    The streak has been fun to watch. But I'm telling you "the Heat is gonna burn out"

I don't think so. Coach Spo is going to rest the starters in the last 3 games of the season.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 03-10-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ogg
    18 wins in a row and counting. Ties for the 7th longest winning streak of all time. One more win puts them top 5. HEAT have now beaten every team in the league this season. Rio with 26 points on 9 shots.
    I'm going to take off my hater goggles and just admit that this is impressive. I have no delusions about there being an "upset" in the east. They're going to the finals, and will probably win the championship again. ESPECIALLY if they face the Thunder.

Gotta give it to them...this streak is ridiculous... Playing at such a high level for so long, can't discredit such a feat.

However...w/ that said, I'd much appreciate it if they burn themselves out come playoff time

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
    Gotta give it to them...this streak is ridiculous... Playing at such a high level for so long, can't discredit such a feat.

However...w/ that said, I'd much appreciate it if they burn themselves out come playoff time
    Look at LeBrons and Wade's minutes this season. Not that many....this team is so focused and mentally prepared it's not funny. Good luck beating them 4x

19 in a row and counting. Ties for the 5th longest win streak of all time. One more win ties them for 3rd longest all time.

The home stretch is over. 5 road games coming up for the HEAT:

Mar 13 vs PHI
    Mar 15 vs MIL
    Mar 17 vs TOR
    Mar 18 vs BOS
    Mar 20 vs CLE

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ogg
    19 in a row and counting. Ties for the 5th longest win streak of all time. One more win ties them for 3rd longest all time.

The home stretch is over. 5 road games coming up for the HEAT:

Mar 13 vs PHI
    Mar 15 vs MIL
    Mar 17 vs TOR
    Mar 18 vs BOS
    Mar 20 vs CLE
    Boston might slam the breaks on this streak. Maybe.