Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: D.o.b.b.

Default D.o.b.b.

When did you become a basketball fan and why? Why did you choose team X as your favorite team? Who is your favorite player and why? BTW, DOBB stands for Date Of Basketball Birth.(Please, no my guy is better than your guy arguments or Kobe/Lebron/Whoever is GOAT)Thank You.

Default Re: D.o.b.b.

My dad was watching the Knicks/Pacers playoff game, and I decided to join him. Saw Miller's epic 8 points spurt and have been a fan since.

That's cool , so was Reggie Miller your favorite player at the time?

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    When did you become a basketball fan and why? Why did you choose team X as your favorite team? Who is your favorite player and why? BTW, DOBB stands for Date Of Basketball Birth.(Please, no my guy is better than your guy arguments or Kobe/Lebron/Whoever is GOAT)Thank You.
    I started following basketball around 1993 when I was 8, stopped following from around 2000 to 2007, then got back into it for no real reason.

I chose the Wizards as my favorite team because they're closest to me. I could never really understand someone being a fan of a random team but not their home team.

My favorite player is probably Gilbert Arenas, since he's incredibly fun to watch and is everything a sports celebrity should be. I also like Nick Young (funny guy who's a lot of fun to watch), Steve Nash (ditto), and Tracy McGrady a lot.

Yeah, my favorite team is the Raps. I dont understand why people are fans just for bandwagon purposes.(Ahem, 75% of the lakers fanbase. LOL.)I am a true fan though, the worst day ever was when I wore my Raptors jersey to school on January 23,2006. Its odd though, because my favorite player is AI.

Banned

DOBB: Tim Duncan and the Spurs winning it all in 2003. First team I watched was the Spurs in that final, big Spurs and Duncan fan ever since.

My team is the Knicks (homer lol) and favorite player... LEBRON

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    DOBB: Tim Duncan and the Spurs winning it all in 2003. First team I watched was the Spurs in that final, big Spurs and Duncan fan ever since.

My team is the Knicks (homer lol) and favorite player... LEBRON
    Man, you guys are going to have egg on your face when Lebron stays in Cleveland.

NBA Finals

DOBB: 2006 NBA Finals (Heat vs. Mavericks)

I was bored one night so i figured i'd watch an NBA game and see why people liked it so much. Well, that game just so happened to be one of the games of the 2006 NBA Finals where Wade got off. Ever since then i was an NBA fan, and a Wade fan.

The next NBA season, i started watching it more, and decided i was gonna be a Cavs fan (didnt even know how good LeBron was so he wasnt "The Reason" why i chose them). I really liked that Larry Hughes guy and Donyell Marshall (he looked like Ludacris ) and of course LeBron, but as the season went on, i realized that Larry Hughes sucked and Donyell Marshall wasnt as good as i thought but from then on i was, and still am, a Cavs fan

Then, in the ECF Daniel Gibson went loko and he was my Fave non-star ever since
    Last edited by 1~Gibson~1; 06-08-2009 at 08:16 PM.

I like Boobie Gibson. Boy is the truth. Remember his rookie year? Boobie danced all over Detroit.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

1/19/84, because I was born in IN. Because the Pacers the local team. Granger, because he's the Pacers best player. Pretty simple.

Da Mavs

2002 NBA Finals. Loved the Kobe/Shaq combo as a kid. Wasn't into it like I am now but yeah. Became a Lakers fan cause I was overseas and most of the broadcasted games were LA games, stuck with em even after Shaq left.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Yeah, my favorite team is the Raps. I dont understand why people are fans just for bandwagon purposes.(Ahem, 75% of the lakers fanbase. LOL.)I am a true fan though, the worst day ever was when I wore my Raptors jersey to school on January 23,2006. Its odd though, because my favorite player is AI.
    Why was that your worst day ever? And the thing about Laker fans is really the Lakers have only spent 3 years this decade and one or two years last decade sucking. I used to be a chicago fan till they started to suck and I realized I was just an MJ fan. A lot of LA fans don't really realize they're front runners for that very fact.

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    Why was that your worst day ever? And the thing about Laker fans is really the Lakers have only spent 3 years this decade and one or two years last decade sucking. I used to be a chicago fan till they started to suck and I realized I was just an MJ fan. A lot of LA fans don't really realize they're front runners for that very fact.
    It was the day after Kobe's 81 point explosion. I didnt watch ESPN that morning.

G-Men 3-0

2007 playoffs, golden state vs dallas mavs. i always loved to root for the underdog, so to see this upset from such an exciting team was a great series to start off with.

my fav team is the knicks(new yorker) and my fav players are nate robinson, david lee, and t-mac(my fav player not from the knicks)

Dunking on everybody in the park

I started watching basketball around when Jordan became a legend. I was in the do not like Jordan category. I suffered through being a Celtic fan in the mid 90's till about 5 years ago when I started to follow the new local team here the Bobcats. My current favorite player is Gerald Wallace due to his amazing work ethic and how far he has come as a basketball player.