Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Jeffery Taylor is Charlotte Bobcats pick in 2nd round of NBA Draft

When Jeffery Taylor decided to leave Sweden for New Mexico six years ago, he didnít know the journey would lead him to Charlotte.

But Taylorís decision to pursue his basketball career in the United States made him the first pick in the second round of the NBA draft Thursday night, giving the Charlotte Bobcats a 6-foot, 7-inch small forward with a strong defensive presence.

Taylor is the son of Jeff Taylor, who played briefly for the Houston Rockets and Detroit Pistons before moving to Sweden where he played professionally and stayed. It was his fatherís legacy at Hobbs High in Hobbs, N.M., that led the younger Taylor to leave Norrkoping, Sweden and his five siblings to play basketball in the United States.

He moved in with his grandmother in Hobbs and eventually led the school to the state championship, averaging more than 30 points per game. It was enough to earn him scholarship offers from Vanderbilt, Texas, Arizona, Kentucky and Gonzaga. He chose to join the Commodores.

-- Charlotte Observer
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jeffery Taylor is Charlotte Bobcats pick in 2nd round of NBA Draft

Jordan actually had a good draft.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Jordan actually had a good draft.

Yeah we basically solidified the 3 with young talent. Nicely done.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

MJ just signed JT to a shoe deal and from what I've been reading he will playing at SG. How do you think he will do?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
MJ just signed JT to a shoe deal and from what I've been reading he will playing at SG. How do you think he will do?

Everything I hear about the guy has been good. I'm excited to see him and MKG play.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

I've played with Jeff for the Swedish youth national team and the guy is amazing. Even at a young age he was outstanding and no one else in our age group were close to his abilities, he was always way better than anyone else no matter what age he was at. Always stood out but he wasn't really tall when we were younger, I was taller than him by a good margin so the length came a little later but he was always crazy athletic.

I am surprised that he made it this far but at the same time not, he had great genetics, his dad played in the NBA and he practiced his butt off. Killer combination.

Probably the most humble people with actual great skillset in something that I've met, no cockiness or ignorance towards anyone. He's a great guy and I am genuinely really happy for him.

Jonas was also cool but that guy is some what of a dickhead but Jeff, no, he is a great person.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
I've played with Jeff for the Swedish youth national team and the guy is amazing. Even at a young age he was outstanding and no one else in our age group were close to his abilities, he was always way better than anyone else no matter what age he was at. Always stood out but he wasn't really tall when we were younger, I was taller than him by a good margin so the length came a little later but he was always crazy athletic.

I am surprised that he made it this far but at the same time not, he had great genetics, his dad played in the NBA and he practiced his butt off. Killer combination.

Probably the most humble people with actual great skillset in something that I've met, no cockiness or ignorance towards anyone. He's a great guy and I am genuinely really happy for him.

Jonas was also cool but that guy is some what of a dickhead but Jeff, no, he is a great person.

Thanks for that great post. I'm very high on Taylor and I expect he'll have everyone calling him a steal at 31.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: