Default What is it about facebook that makes people post stupid shit?

My friend's wife is with the kids in Japan (like my wife does in the summer when i have to work) and he posted a poem to "please come back, yin to my yang, butter to my jelly" and a picture of himself all sad. It's the lamest freaking thing. And the thing is too, his wife is the type of person who'd hate this. She's not acknowledging it. (She's posting pictures on facebook.)

Do people try to use facebook to get their 15 minutes? Or are people just unaware sometimes how silly things look? And that people don't need to know where they are having every meal?

Default Re: What is it about facebook that makes people post stupid shit?

If you havent noticed yet, the mass majority of people on this planet are ridiculously unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    If you havent noticed yet, the mass majority of people on this planet are ridiculously unimpressive.
    I just don't get it. if i want to tell my wife i miss her I'll call her like a normal man and tell her. Not write a poem for all my friends to see like an emo 15 yr old. I wanted to write "she's probably not coming back after reading this" because i know his wife would find it funny but I'm feeling that's not the response he's looking for.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I just don't get it. if i want to tell my wife i miss her I'll call her like a normal man and tell her. Not write a poem for all my friends to see like an emo 15 yr old. I wanted to write "she's probably not coming back after reading this" because i know his wife would find it funny but I'm feeling that's not the response he's looking for.
    The social media frenzy that has developed in the last 5-7 years has caused most people to become incredibly self-centered and self indulgent. On top of that, it gives people a belief that they can post their thoughts and feelings for all to see and that we'll actually give a sh*t. Unless its a close friend of mine or a controversial issue I typically ignore facebook posts. The majority of them are f*cking stupid.
    Last edited by chosen_one6; 08-12-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    The social media frenzy that has developed in the last 5-7 years has caused most people to become incredibly self-centered and self indulgent. On top of that, it gives people a belief that they can post their thoughts and feelings for all to see and that we'll actually give a sh*t. Unless its a close friend of mind or a controversial issue I typically ignore facebook posts. The majority of them are f*cking stupid.
    My favorite are people who live post where they are with their kids. Because it's important for the world to be able to track you in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    My favorite are people who live post where they are with their kids. Because it's important for the world to be able to track you in real time.
    You're missing the point. If they're out, we can rob them!