Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I thought it was a particularly hilarious display of huge ego when Kobe, who was teamed up with one of the GOAT playmakers and passers, decided that he's the real PG on the team

I thought it was a particularly hilarious display of inept posting when you decided to omit the fact that Nash was injured for most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    It's Rick Schwartz, he covers the NFL for Yahoo sports. He's just filling in for a day for Max Kellerman.

Last time he said he hoped Howard re-signs with the Rockets because he hates the arrogant Laker front office for thinking Howard will want to be a Laker just because they are the "Lakers" "I hope it blows up in their face" were his exact words
    Ah, thanks for all that. So now I know where all this agenda is coming from with Howard/nobody wants to play with Bryant, since he has a disdain for the Lakers. He's clearly biased and on top of all that he's covering the NFL ? It's just like Floyd Mayweather's opinion on basketball, don't really care for it.

Banned

Look how mad all of the Kobe stans are. Kobe hasn't gotten along with ANY high profile teammates in his entire career except for Gasol, and Nash who are both guys I could go up to and tell them I fuked their mothers and they wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Have fun watching a team with Andrew Gouldelock in the starting lineup next year because nobody wants to play with Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Look how mad all of the Kobe stans are. Kobe hasn't gotten along with ANY high profile teammates in his entire career except for Gasol, and Nash who are both guys I could go up to and tell them I fuked their mothers and they wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Have fun watching a team with Andrew Gouldelock in the starting lineup next year because nobody wants to play with Kobe.
    What high profile teammates? I already talked about Shaq and Malone. Who else, Smush Parker? He got on just fine with Odom and Gary Payton (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). You guys who hate Kobe keep coming with the same tired arguments, and whenever someone refutes them you disappear and come back saying the same thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    What high profile teammates? I already talked about Shaq and Malone. Who else, Smush Parker? He got on just fine with Odom and Gary Payton (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). You guys who hate Kobe keep coming with the same tired arguments, and whenever someone refutes them you disappear and come back saying the same thing.
    Tell me

What free agents have taken a paycut to play with LA in the Kobe era? 40 year old Steve Nash that got a multi year contract for around 10 million per? Yeah that's a real sacrifice.

Who else have they signed? LeBron gets multiple people to take paycuts EACH YEAR just to play with him.

And no, Malone/Payton were Shaq recruits.

Face the facts, nobody wants to play with Kobe and your roster is evidence of that. Your going to be fielding a team with Jordan Hill and Goulelock as starters.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Nobody wanted to play with Bron last I recall too. That's why he left Cleveland remember? Ohh I forgot, it's called the decision. Yeah it's got a special name and everything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Nobody wanted to play with Bron last I recall too. That's why he left Cleveland remember? Ohh I forgot, it's called the decision. Yeah it's got a special name and everything.
    Is that why Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh both took paycuts so that they could all play together?

Is that why Udonis Haslem took a paycut so he could play here?

Is that why Ray Allen took a paycut so he could play here?

Is that why Birdman signed with the team for the minumum and will be looking to resign for cheap to build something greater?

Is that why Shane Battier signed with the team for less?

Sit your ass down kid. The Miami Heat are a family, while the Lakers is a disgruntled workplace where everyone just pretends to like eachother. LeBron has built a winning culture that talented players WANT to be a part of.

I rule the local playground

Is that why Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh both took paycuts so that they could all play together?

Is that why Birdman signed with the team for the minumum and will be looking to resign for cheap to build something greater?

Sit your ass down kid. The Miami Heat are a family, while the Lakers is a disgruntled workplace where everyone just pretends to like eachother. LeBron has built a winning culture that talented players WANT to be a part of.
    Lol @ Lebron building a winning culture Nicca, was you alive when he ran to Miami? He did the same thing those guys did.

Very good NBA starter

All those pieces you mentioned signed on to ring chase after Wade concocted the big three... It happens every year with all the top teams. Its about to happen in NJ too.

If I remember correctly Chris Paul wanted to play with Kobe but got denied for basketball reasons.

Dwight Howard is a mentally weak *****, he can't play anywhere that has an expectation of title or bust.

He doesn't have the drive to carry a team to a championship. I hope he goes to Houston so he can blow that team up.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Sorry but the only thing they have built is a stacked list of superstars and role players that creates a vacuum in the league for talent aka an easy path to titles.

Winning culture my @ss. Choked in 11, saved by the best 3 pt shooter of all time in 13. Got a free pass in a lockout season against his SUMMER BFF Durant.

Riley created the culture and got everyone to take the pay cuts to make it work, not Bron. Last I heard, players in the league give two shits about Bron - most disrespected star ever? Yes.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 06-28-2013 at 03:31 PM.

one word counters all this. Ring chasing.

Silly TonyMontana.

Tell me

What free agents have taken a paycut to play with LA in the Kobe era? 40 year old Steve Nash that got a multi year contract for around 10 million per? Yeah that's a real sacrifice.

Who else have they signed? LeBron gets multiple people to take paycuts EACH YEAR just to play with him.

And no, Malone/Payton were Shaq recruits.

Face the facts, nobody wants to play with Kobe and your roster is evidence of that. Your going to be fielding a team with Jordan Hill and Goulelock as starters.
    I didn't say anything about free agents, I said what high profile teammates has Kobe beefed with. But now that you mention it the Lakers haven't been under the cap in how long. That means only minimum, rookie and MLE contracts can be signed. While its not impossible to sign good players to those contracts, who's going to sign for that?

Goudelock isn't coming back, Lakers FO didn't extend a QO to him. The reason why Hill is starting for the Lakers is because of A) the cap situation which is being fixed in the next 2 years and B) injuries and lack of depth. We'll see what happens in free agency in 2014 and 2015. Wasn't Joel Anthony starting for the Heat only 2 years ago?

Chris Paul wanted to play with Kobe. He was angry when Stern vetoed the trade back in 2011. There's a big name

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    All those pieces you mentioned signed on to ring chase after Wade concocted the big three... It happens every year with all the top teams. Its about to happen in NJ too.

If I remember correctly Chris Paul wanted to play with Kobe but got denied for basketball reasons.

Dwight Howard is a mentally weak *****, he can't play anywhere that has an expectation of title or bust.

He doesn't have the drive to carry a team to a championship. I hope he goes to Houston so he can blow that team up.
    Noone has answered my question.

What players have gone on to ring chase signing for cheap in the Kobe era? Since apparantly it happens to all the top teams who signed with them? We all know who wanted to play with Shaq, but who wanted to play with Kobe?

Chris Paul didn't wanna play there, he got traded there just like any player worth a damn that LAs ever acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498

Silly TonyMontana.
    so players believe they can win a ring with Lebron but not Kobe? you'd think a team with Kobe, Nash, and Dwight will get a lot of ring chasers

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498

Silly TonyMontana.
    inb4 "2 words dumbass "

just saved you from more trolling