Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Howard trade request still stands

Dwight Howard wants to be with his girlfriend and she is in LA....Love is stronger and LA is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
    Dwight Howard wants to be with his girlfriend and she is in LA....Love is stronger and LA is nice.
    LA sucks but it's warm. Damn, the weather is nice. I am not a fan of LA (not my type of city) but god damn the weather is so nice, it makes you forget anything you don't like. Work's over? Let's go play volleyball on the beach...

Magic Johnson

You remind me of LeBron23.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    You remind me of LeBron23.
    Because of the love Wade, Lebron and Bosh all have for each other?

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    lol

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Because of the love Wade, Lebron and Bosh all have for each other?
    The way he writes.

Banned

You guys know LA wasn't on top of his agent's list of destinations right? And that after the kings game he said he is expecting to finish this season with Orlando? And that he is certain (his words) he will be in an Orlando uniform for the all star game?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    You guys know LA wasn't on top of his agent's list of destinations right? And that after the kings game he said he is expecting to finish this season with Orlando? And that he is certain (his words) he will be in an Orlando uniform for the all star game?
    Listening to what an NBA player says

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/01/1...of+the+Suns%29

MS: Do the Lakers need to make another big move to win a championship?

BK: Yes and no.

This question gets to perhaps the largest dilemma currently facing the Lakers from a personnel standpoint. There is all at once a great push to win now, while Kobe is still Kobe, but also to acquire the big pieces for the future. It’s a tough needle to thread in the NBA, where generally teams have to deconstruct from era to era. For the Lakers to win now, they need another ball handling player who can create his own shot, plus an upgrade at point guard. Chris Paul would have solved both problems, and given the Lakers their next superstar, but we saw how that went.

Now the obsession is Dwight Howard, and while he’d definitely improve the Lakers if acquired for Bynum, if it costs Bynum and Gasol, something the Lakers say they won’t do (for now), I’m not at all convinced they’re a better team this season. Down the road, they’d have the league’s premier big man, a robot who never gets hurt and alters games defensively. Short term, it could be very costly.

The best path to a title now would be smaller, less dramatic moves aimed at building depth and patching holes in the roster. Doing that, though, likely takes them out of the Howard derby, given how little the Lakers have to work with in terms of trade chips.

Without some help, the Lakers can still reclaim the title, but the margin for error is incredibly thin, and they’d need a little luck. They’re still very good, but not OKC or Miami good

Read more: http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/01/1...#ixzz1j67o8O5Z

This is what I hav been saying - LA to get howard will cost them at least Bynum and probably Pau.
    Short term Howard would not translate into a championship team with only Kobe. It would take probably 2013/14 season before they might be contenders/
    Last edited by Jasper; 01-10-2012 at 06:41 PM.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

[QUOTE=Jasper]http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/01/1...of+the+Suns%29

MS: Do the Lakers need to make another big move to win a championship?

BK: Yes and no.

This question gets to perhaps the largest dilemma currently facing the Lakers from a personnel standpoint. There is all at once a great push to win now, while Kobe is still Kobe, but also to acquire the big pieces for the future. It