Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: John Wall kinda sucks

wall needs a big 3 like rondo to mask is pathetic shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium X
    Wall will never be half as good as Rose.

Clippersfan86 disagrees

Why even bring Rose in to this though?

I think Wall can be one of the greatest he just needs to get his mind right before it's too late.

Shut your damn mouth, cut out all the dancing and posturing, become a student of the game, humble yourself, and for the love of peach baskets stop making unnecessary passes/stat padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Why even bring Rose in to this though?

I think Wall can be one of the greatest he just needs to get his mind right before it's too late.

Shut your damn mouth, cut out all the dancing and posturing, become a student of the game, humble yourself, and for the love of peach baskets stop making unnecessary passes/stat padding.
    I'd stop before you embarrass yourself even more, you clearly dont know much about John Wall.

As a person who lives in the DC Metro Area and sees the coverage of Wall & the Wizards up close, your claims about Wall as a person/player couldn't be any further from the truth.

The only thing I can ask is where did you get such opinions?
    Did you just make them up?
    Did him doing The Dougie at his rookie intro and at the Rookie Game lead you to form negative opinions about him?

It blows my mind someone considers someone "statpadding" for deferring to their teammates like a PG should.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    Lebron:
    1yr: 21 6 6 .417
    2yr: 27 7 7 .472

Dwyane
    1yr: 16 5 4 .465
    2yr: 24 7 5 .478

Drose
    1yr: 17 6 4 .475
    2yr: 21 6 4 .489

Westbrook
    1yr: 15 5 5 .398
    2yr: 16 8 5 .418

JWall
    1yr: 16 8 4 .409
    2yr: 15 7 3 .320

So John Wall's 2nd year ended after 5 games?

Rose's 1st 5 games of his 2nd season: 12.2 PPG 6 APG

He obviously finished strong to end that season and then emerged as MVP in Year 3.

The biggest issue with Wall this offseason is that he said he spent the lockout playing in these non-sanctioned "charity" games to keep him ready for the NBA season. Instead of going to a gym and solely working on his jumpshot, he carried on his game from last season.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

To the poster who said John Wall doesn't have "it":
    I couldn't disagree more. He has "it" and he has it in bunches.
    John Wall eats "it" for breakfast. If you cut John Wall into pieces, you could sell pieces of "it" on the black market for top dollar. John Wall defines "it".

everything about Wall screams "superstar"
    blazing speed, long arms, great athleticism, relatively ambidextrous,

he also has a good name and "the look". what is "the look" you ask? Google Image search John Wall and you'll understand. Greatness is in the eyes, people, greatness is in the eyes!!

(disclaimer: this post was inspired by Super Silver Haze)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    I'd stop before you embarrass yourself even more, you clearly dont know much about John Wall.

As a person who lives in the DC Metro Area and sees the coverage of Wall & the Wizards up close, your claims about Wall as a person/player couldn't be any further from the truth.

The only thing I can ask is where did you get such opinions?
    Did you just make them up?
    Did him doing The Dougie at his rookie intro and at the Rookie Game lead you to form negative opinions about him?

It blows my mind someone considers someone "statpadding" for deferring to their teammates like a PG should.

Some of it was exaggeration but he regularly postures and gets all hyphy because of a good play when his team is losing (and they freaking suck).

How, as a professional, a competitor, can you get happy over one dunk, 2pts, when you've been dunking since grade school and you're down by 7 with a bum ass winning percentage?

I can see you getting hyped over a once in a lifetime play or game winning shot...but over a lob or routine finish?

I've watched Wall since Kentucky and sometimes his body language and posturing turns me off of his game.

That's my personal preference/thoughts....don't embarrass yourself trying to defend your favorite player when I have a clear and truthful point.

Banned

WALL > ROSE

[COLOR="White"]lol[/COLOR]

Banned

Wall in his rookie season was probably a bit better then Rose in his. I don't really expect Wall to be an all star until his 3rd season though. That's how it always is with point guards for whatever reason.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    WALL > ROSE

[COLOR="White"]lol[/COLOR]

Some of it was exaggeration but he regularly postures and gets all hyphy because of a good play when his team is losing (and they freaking suck).

How, as a professional, a competitor, can you get happy over one dunk, 2pts, when you've been dunking since grade school and you're down by 7 with a bum ass winning percentage?

I can see you getting hyped over a once in a lifetime play or game winning shot...but over a lob or routine finish?

I've watched Wall since Kentucky and sometimes his body language and posturing turns me off of his game.
    OK.

You wasted this time attempting to criticize his posturing on the floor, although you clearly mentioned:
    So you exaggerated this entire statement based off of his "posturing"?

The argument that Wall shouldn't "celebrate" plays is ridiculous. Thats essentially what you're describing in terms of his posture, because I've seen it plenty of times. Hes a passionate player who attempts to bring energy to his teammates even in the midst of a loss. I'd have far more of an issue if he displayed the same poor body language that Nick Young, Javale McGee, & Andray Blatche display when they're losing as simply being aloof to the game. Heads down, lack of effort, & 0 motivation except to get the ball and take bad shots which is the real reason for Washington's struggles. Hes been trying to establish himself as the leader of the team to go along with motivating them on the floor.

Anyways, hes a good guy who plays hard and comes to work with the attitude of a professional. Whatever "fun" you saw him have at Kentucky isnt much of whats going on in Washington now.

That's my personal preference/thoughts....don't embarrass yourself trying to defend your favorite player when I have a clear and truthful point.
    I have every right to point out when your personal "thoughts" are off base. You responded my singling out his "posturing" although there were many ignorant comments you made talking out of your ass.

Secondly, if you're attempting to insinuate that I'm defending Wall because hes my "favorite player" then you're only building up a strawman that I dont have anything to do with.

Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

Honestly, it almost seems like Wall misses more layups then jumpers. I'm not saying they aren't contested "layups" but it seems like he misses more layups than any player in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    OK.

You wasted this time attempting to criticize his posturing on the floor, although you clearly mentioned:

So you exaggerated this entire statement based off of his "posturing"?

The argument that Wall shouldn't "celebrate" plays is ridiculous. Thats essentially what you're describing in terms of his posture, because I've seen it plenty of times. Hes a passionate player who attempts to bring energy to his teammates even in the midst of a loss. I'd have far more of an issue if he displayed the same poor body language that Nick Young, Javale McGee, & Andray Blatche display when they're losing as simply being aloof to the game. Heads down, lack of effort, & 0 motivation except to get the ball and take bad shots which is the real reason for Washington's struggles. Hes been trying to establish himself as the leader of the team to go along with motivating them on the floor.

Anyways, hes a good guy who plays hard and comes to work with the attitude of a professional. Whatever "fun" you saw him have at Kentucky isnt much of whats going on in Washington now.

I have every right to point out when your personal "thoughts" are off base. You responded my singling out his "posturing" although there were many ignorant comments you made talking out of your ass.

Secondly, if you're attempting to insinuate that I'm defending Wall because hes my "favorite player" then you're only building up a strawman that I dont have anything to do with.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EzzyfIw5zQ

Down 6 first quarter and you get a tech for taunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2jIwsgebIc&feature=fvst
    Your first NBA game and you're out here dancing like a hoodrat

No sir, I don't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EzzyfIw5zQ

Down 6 first quarter and you get a tech for taunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2jIwsgebIc&feature=fvst
    Your first NBA game and you're out here dancing like a hoodrat

No sir, I don't like it.
    Cool.

You're reaching to make either out to be a "bad thing" about his character, but I credit you for at least trying to explain your stance.

NBA lottery pick

J. Wall is on the path of OJ. Mayo.