Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bulls fans, Do you want the Bulls to pursue Dwight Howard?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Except...Dwight Howard has specifically said that he doesn't want to play in Chicago. Something about his Adidas contract and Rose, who is also on the Adidas brand. So no dice there.
    He hasnt spoken publicly about Chicago at all.

It was Woj who brought up the "sources" claiming Adidas is keeping Dwight out of Chicago because Adidas doesn't want their 2 biggest stars in the same market because they dont want them competing against each other. Although Nike has Amare/Melo/Deron in New York, Kobe/Blake in Los Angeles, and LeBron/Wade/Bosh in Miami. So I dont understand Adidas role in keeping Dwight from wanting to go to Chicago.

Maybe hes another star in fear of following in the footsteps of a legend like Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    The OP does state if Howard ever changed his stance on going to Chicago. I wouldn't trade for him if we only get him for 1 year.
    I dont see any way that Dwight would leave Chicago after 1 year.

- Major market
    - Championship contending team/future with Rose
    - Close friends with Carlos Boozer

But Chicago would still be taking a risk much like NJ did with D-Will by acquiring Dwight despite not being one of his preferred destinations.

Local High School Star

Regardless of how good we are right now, we aren't even the favorites right now and its alot less likely that players like Noah and Deng will be as good as they are right now for another 7-10 years like Howard. Put Rose and Howard together and we're guaranteed title contenders for the next 10 years barring an unforeseeable freak injury or decline, and the favorites for at least the next 3 years.
    honestly, the Bulls odds look good against any team not named the Heat. The chemistry, the poise, the coaching, the leadership, the ball movement. I'm kind of in awe of what the Bulls have accomplished. The only reason I have doubts about their chances against the Heat is based purely on talent because they lack a lot of what the Bulls have.

It's a big risk to gut a roster like the Bulls.. but this is D. Howard we're talking about.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe

It was Woj who brought up the "sources" claiming Adidas is keeping Dwight out of Chicago because Adidas doesn't want their 2 biggest stars in the same market because they dont want them competing against each other. Although Nike has Amare/Melo/Deron in New York, Kobe/Blake in Los Angeles, and LeBron/Wade/Bosh in Miami. So I dont understand Adidas role in keeping Dwight from wanting to go to Chicago.

Maybe hes another star in fear of following in the footsteps of a legend like Jordan.
    Don't forget CP3 in LA. I think it has alot to do with Nike just being on a completely different level vs. Adidas when it comes to their endorsements right now. Guys like T-Mac, Duncan, KG, and Arenas have declined so much that they are pretty irrelevant to them now. Other then Howard and Rose, I don't blame Adidas. Although it sucks and really shouldn't matter, it makes sense.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    honestly, the Bulls odds look good against any team not named the Heat. The chemistry, the poise, the coaching, the leadership, the ball movement. I'm kind of in awe of what the Bulls have accomplished. The only reason I have doubts about their chances against the Heat is based purely on talent because they lack a lot of what the Bulls have.

It's a big risk to gut a roster like the Bulls.. but this is D. Howard we're talking about.
    I wouldn't say this is the equivalent of "gutting". We'd be giving up two big pieces for a superstar. We still have Boozer, Gibson, Asik, Watson, Korver, etc. I'd much rather include Boozer in the deal instead of Noah or Deng though.

And like you said, we still wouldn't be favorites over Miami. And on top of that, we don't guarantee that things in the future could be better. I love Noah and Deng, but a deal like this is a no-brainer.

3-time NBA All-Star

I dont see any way that Dwight would leave Chicago after 1 year.

- Major market
    - Championship contending team/future with Rose
    - Close friends with Carlos Boozer

But Chicago would still be taking a risk much like NJ did with D-Will by acquiring Dwight despite not being one of his preferred destinations.
    Possibly. Still wouldn't do anything without having that reassurance though.

man if that is true than fcuk adidas for trying to dictate where he goes. just because they pay him lots of money to wear their gear does not give them the right to decide where he lives. fcuk that shit man thats pathetic. they need dwight more than dwight needs them.

MVP of Insidehoops

My god... This is worse than my Tmac for Wade thread.

Don't forget CP3 in LA. I think it has alot to do with Nike just being on a completely different level vs. Adidas when it comes to their endorsements right now. Guys like T-Mac, Duncan, KG, and Arenas have declined so much that they are pretty irrelevant to them now. Other then Howard and Rose, I don't blame Adidas. Although it sucks and really shouldn't matter, it makes sense.
    Yeah completely forgot about CP3's endorsement deal through Jordan.

Nike has cornered all of the major markets, except Chicago right now.

I think Adidas should realize Dwight is the most popular player in the NBA and he'll be marketable nationally, not just in Chicago. Since Rose & Howard are fan favorites, I dont see how they would compete against each other. Fans will love both regardless. Their personalities contrast just as much as their size which makes marketing them seperately easily.

I think Adidas should realize Dwight is the most popular player in the NBA and he'll be marketable nationally, not just in Chicago. Since Rose & Howard are fan favorites, I dont see how they would compete against each other. Fans will love both regardless. Their personalities contrast just as much as their size.
    Plus when they win together you could have the following shoes:

D-Rose's MVP shoe line

D12's DPOY shoes!

And of course the The Adidas To Fast Too Stop Championship Shoes

Showtime in the moderntime.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I find it hilarious how Deng is always in trade rumors for star players and the Bulls never end up pulling the trigger. He was in the trade rumors when the Bulls were planning on acquiring Kobe back when he consistently demanded to be traded, Melo last season, and now Howard this season.
    no kidding!
    If I were him, I'd never go online or watch TV. It would just be too much.

Banned

No thanks....don't really NEED him at this point. I like the chemistry we have now, and our current squad CLEARLY know they were lacking in offense, and made effort to change that. It has showed all season so far including the Pre-games. I am confident that the Bulls I've seen these last 7 games including the Preseason can go all the way.

Every weakness has become their strength. All defense and no offense? Use that defense to MAKE offense. Can't get a good shot? Keep moving the ball around until you GET that good shot. Rose is being locked up, what do we do? Do what we should have been doing, and making our shots.

3-time NBA All-Star

Nike has cornered all of the major markets, except Chicago right now.

I think Adidas should realize Dwight is the most popular player in the NBA and he'll be marketable nationally, not just in Chicago. Since Rose & Howard are fan favorites, I dont see how they would compete against each other. Fans will love both regardless. Their personalities contrast just as much as their size which makes marketing them seperately easily.
    And I bet Nike does still dominate because of Jordan still. Adidas might actually be better off with both in Chicago cause theyd have a bigger presence in Chicago then and they'd be way more likely to start a dynasty there.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

[COLOR="Red"]LAC[/COLOR] trades: Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe, Donald Sterling and two #1 picks
    [COLOR="Blue"]ORL[/COLOR] trades: Dwight Howard minus Dwight Howard persona

[COLOR="White"]there's a fine line between funny and lame. my vision is impaired and I can't see the line.
    The bottom line: I walk the line.
    [/COLOR]

Banned

What team is holding up Bynum for howard? That trade makes plenty of sense for both teams