Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Gilbert Arenas breaks down LeBron James

https://instagram.com/p/5vjAp4PPwB/

This is basically what he says about lebron:

KINGJAMES: this person comes around once in a blue moon. This is a man who is so physically gifted he could walk into any sport and be a HOF'ER off his natural and God given ability. The last person who was this gifted in sports might have been Bo Jackson.

Let's take away very start and start from scratch. His natural gifts: 6-8, 275 pounds, 44 inch vert, once at top speed can't be stopped. He also has vision like Magic Johnson and is a natural lefty who plays basketball as a righty. Him stepping on an NBA floor with no effort = stats at 25/6/7.

Now his WEAKNESSES that he had to work on to be the G.O.A.T: James is more like a train then a cheetah in movement; his first 2 steps aren't very powerful so this hurt him on iso's and the ability to blow pass players from a standstill position. This hints at why he's at the point; he needs to be moving at all times so when he decides to attack, he's already in full motion.

Notice that he doesn't change direction well because he doesn't bend much. He plays straight up and down, like Jason Kidd did, which limits him from crossovers and spinning.

James isn't a number one option, and yes (I didn't stutter) he lacks selfishness so he will always need a go-to-guy like Wade was or Kyrie now.

He lacks what jordan and kobe were, great 1-on-1 players. He needs a pure scorer beside him so he can carry the TEAM load. He gets bashed a lot by media because he doesn't take over like MJ or Kobe, but Lebron is Magic with Jordan-like athleticism, so he walks into stats without trying and when forced he will give you 41/12/8.

The finals was the first time in his career he was physically pushed to the limit because he had no one to defer to. When players like Magic, Barkley and analysts bash him I cringe. Like, you people have no idea what he could do if he had one season, just one selfish season, like Kobe did in 2005-06, he would average 40+/11/9, and no one could do shit about it.

It's sad the world won't get to see who I'm talking about because his legacy is built on winning. If you doubt what I'm saying: look at every game he was pissed off and was challenged. This man could be the second best, 3rd for sure, player to ever play when it's all said and done around 2020+, and he didn't even tap into his ability to be GREATEST.

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas breaks down LeBron James

so basically he said Lebron is a beta that needs an alpha/first option to win

Banned

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    Lmao i dont care if its warm up. An nba mvp level player should never air ball wide open shots

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Lmao i dont care if its warm up. An nba mvp level player should never air ball wide open shots
    Lol GTFO. Guess it's worse to airball a warmup than a series deciding playoff game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSe80qSgXVA

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Need we pull out an entire highlight reel of Kobe's airbags in important playoff games?? Have you been living under a rock?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

nervously blowing into his hand after

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    https://instagram.com/p/5vjAp4PPwB/

This is basically what he says about lebron:

It's sad the world won't get to see who I'm talking about because his legacy is built on winning. If you doubt what I'm saying: look at every game he was pissed off and was challenged. This man could be the second best, 3rd for sure, player to ever play when it's all said and done around 2020+, and he didn't even tap into his ability to be GREATEST.

2nd or 3rd for sure. i agree. this guy knows what he's talking about

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Lol GTFO. Guess it's worse to airball a warmup than a series deciding playoff game?

Its worse to miss open unguarded shots with no pressure....

Tones of pressure and being guarded in game time id understand...

Thread derailed. Congrats!

A rookie that was not yet a star vs supposedly the best player in the game.

I usually hit open layups

Thumbs up Re: Gilbert Arenas breaks down LeBron James

Agent Zero still on the money..

I think that's basically right -- 3rd best ever (behind Kobe, MJ #1) seems to be what we're headed for, tho there's the possibility he could do better -- and it is cringeworthy when the media bash him.. Tho Magic and Barkley (who lists him in the top 10 ever) mostly give praise so I'm not sure what clips he was viewing but I could see them having criticisms, sure...

I think what he's getting at with his personal scouting report, or maybe we'd disagree on this, is that his game is a bit more like Larry Bird's (whose game was in turn compared to Magic and vice versa) with the one key difference being that Bron is more of an athletic slasher whereas Bird is a crafty perimeter shooter -- I've seen the role reversed where Bron suddenly has a great perimeter game because he's feeling it but I'm not sure Bird could ever become the rim-bound locomotive Bron can be (but Bird has the far better postgame to compensate, is a slightly better passer tho Bron can handle the rock more)... Bird plays better also as a guy wired into a team-oriented effort in which things run through him and he is often the lead scorer but he isn't necessarily there to score first, just do whatever basketball IQ play seems right. I see Bron's days with a post-2011 Wade as somewhat like Bird & Kevin money McHale ... ditto Bron & Kyrie ... (In this equation Chris Bosh or Kevin Love play the Robert Parish role.)

I'm sure Bron could average 40 a night if properly motivated/focused to do just that, or average a triple double if that's all he wanted to do, but on the other hand I don't think he'll ever be properly motivated/focused because that sort of game isn't that exciting to him in terms of what he likes doing out there... He gets the most into it when he feels he's making a lot of great decisions play after play and the team as a whole is thriving, everybody getting in on the action/party... Is it coincidence that in their year as The Kingsmen, Kyrie, Delly, Mozgov, Tristan Thompson and pre-Finals J.R. Smith all had career years? (Not to mention Shumpert and James Jones got theirs extended.. Mo Wil who just came back also had a career year in Cleveland..) He makes the team better even if it sometimes means a few guys might have to sacrifice a few points like him...

Quote Originally Posted by superteamtheory
    Agent Zero still on the money..

I think that's basically right -- 3rd best ever (behind Kobe, MJ #1) seems to be what we're headed for, tho there's the possibility he could do better -- and it is cringeworthy when the media bash him.. Tho Magic and Barkley (who lists him in the top 10 ever) mostly give praise so I'm not sure what clips he was viewing but I could see them having criticisms, sure...

I think what he's getting at with his personal scouting report, or maybe we'd disagree on this, is that his game is a bit more like Larry Bird's (whose game was in turn compared to Magic and vice versa) with the one key difference being that Bron is more of an athletic slasher whereas Bird is a crafty perimeter shooter -- I've seen the role reversed where Bron suddenly has a great perimeter game because he's feeling it but I'm not sure Bird could ever become the rim-bound locomotive Bron can be (but Bird has the far better postgame to compensate, is a slightly better passer tho Bron can handle the rock more)... Bird plays better also as a guy wired into a team-oriented effort in which things run through him and he is often the lead scorer but he isn't necessarily there to score first, just do whatever basketball IQ play seems right. I see Bron's days with a post-2011 Wade as somewhat like Bird & Kevin money McHale ... ditto Bron & Kyrie ... (In this equation Chris Bosh or Kevin Love play the Robert Parish role.)

I'm sure Bron could average 40 a night if properly motivated/focused to do just that, or average a triple double if that's all he wanted to do, but on the other hand I don't think he'll ever be properly motivated/focused because that sort of game isn't that exciting to him in terms of what he likes doing out there... He gets the most into it when he feels he's making a lot of great decisions play after play and the team as a whole is thriving, everybody getting in on the action/party... Is it coincidence that in their year as The Kingsmen, Kyrie, Delly, Mozgov, Tristan Thompson and pre-Finals J.R. Smith all had career years? (Not to mention Shumpert and James Jones got theirs extended.. Mo Wil who just came back also had a career year in Cleveland..) He makes the team better even if it sometimes means a few guys might have to sacrifice a few points like him...
    I always like reading your posts. You are easily an ISH Rookie of the Year Candidate.