National High School Star

Default Random NBA Thoughts...

It's late here and I got the rare Saturday night to myself.

1. What is up with injuries these days? Has it always been this bad, or is it simply that the internet's exposure makes us all significantly more aware of it.

2. With the way television deals etc are going does it ever make sense for players to sign more than 4 year deals?

3. Do you think that players of this generation (e.g., the Curry's, Hardens, Durants age or so) will go broke like the players of prior generations (Toine, Iverson, etc)? Why or why not?

4. Is this the closest MVP race of the last 10 years. I'm not saying that the result is the closest, but there are legitimate reasons for 5 players being considered a legitimate MVP candidate (Curry, Harden, Russ, Bron, Davis in that order).

5. In a physical 1-1 MMA fight, they are at prime age, they get 6 months off to train, who would win these matchups?
    Beastbrook vs. Jordan
    Wilt vs. Shaq
    Kareem vs. Whiteside
    Lebron vs. Artest
    Big Ben vs. Turiaf
    Madsen vs. Hansbrough
    Wright vs. KG

6. If you were 7 feet tall and had reasonable athleticism - say you are Festus, could you make the NBA and how good would you be if you could?

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Random NBA Thoughts...

1: It's very possible that there is more exposure, but I think another factor may be the improvement of medical technology. What was once a nagging tightness now has a diagnoses.

2: I think the Derick Rose Rule can come into play sometimes, there is incentive to sign for five. But that's rare, and the T.V. contract situation will be one to watch when the players opt out in 2017.

3: I think there is too much out there to keep them from going broke. These guys are brands now. It would take a real knucklehead to be a top player and still go broke.

4: It is very fitting that one of the most wide open seasons of all time has some of the most wide open award races. On the day the MVP is announced I will wake up and be pretty happy with whoever the name is.

5: Jordan (too competitive), Shaq, Whiteside, Artest (you can't train for insane), Turiaf (just feels like a crazy dude), Psycho T, Wright. I think you picked interesting match-ups.

6: Yes. If any of us were 7 ft. and NBA athletic we could make the league. Whether or not we'd play would be the question. At maybe 6' with shoes I grab a lot more rebounds, and block a lot more shots than you'd expect. I accomplish that by anticipating and positioning, which should translate to being 7'. I think I'd be a comes in a gives you a good 15-20 minutes type guy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Random NBA Thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    It's late here and I got the rare Saturday night to myself.

1. What is up with injuries these days? Has it always been this bad, or is it simply that the internet's exposure makes us all significantly more aware of it.

2. With the way television deals etc are going does it ever make sense for players to sign more than 4 year deals?

3. Do you think that players of this generation (e.g., the Curry's, Hardens, Durants age or so) will go broke like the players of prior generations (Toine, Iverson, etc)? Why or why not?

4. Is this the closest MVP race of the last 10 years. I'm not saying that the result is the closest, but there are legitimate reasons for 5 players being considered a legitimate MVP candidate (Curry, Harden, Russ, Bron, Davis in that order).

5. In a physical 1-1 MMA fight, they are at prime age, they get 6 months off to train, who would win these matchups?
    Beastbrook vs. Jordan
    Wilt vs. Shaq
    Kareem vs. Whiteside
    Lebron vs. Artest
    Big Ben vs. Turiaf
    Madsen vs. Hansbrough
    Wright vs. KG

6. If you were 7 feet tall and had reasonable athleticism - say you are Festus, could you make the NBA and how good would you be if you could?

1. PED
    2. Yes, see #1
    3. No, they will learn from the previous generation's mistakes. A few still will.
    4. Looks reasonable to me
    5. Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, LeBron, Big Ben(easily), Hansbrough, KG
    6. I would be the best player in the league