Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rajon Rondo

Dylan spits hot fire!

Default Re: Rajon Rondo

enough is enough
    get off Rondo's nuts
    there's tons of players who struggled with Shooting and improved
    let it go. The list is endless for christ sakes!
    This yr is not gonna be our yr! the yr after will
    get off his sack already!!!!

all this dumb ass comments about us being 7th and 8th seeds is just stupid
    So where not better than Kidd, Carter and Jefferson seriousy do they have quality role players???????? Noooooooo
    Arenas, Butler and Jamison ? How bout their roles players ummmm Haywood and Etan Thomas dont worry I'll wait ............................. ok here's help.....they sck
    Lebron, Zdranus and Hughes made the finals and they sck!!!!!!
    Dwight, Rashard Lewis and who else Foyle or Nelson get real, better yet get bent!

there's on 3 other teams of real significance
    Detriot, chicago and Miami
    Detriot lost webber and sucked before he came there last yr
    Chicago's a problem but still can score inside!
    and Miami if they get Artest they're my favorite for the finals with a Healthy D Wade.
    Other teams have done more with less and weaker supporting cast.
    We'll be anywhere from a 2-4 seed and next yr will be the true test.
    Get off Rondo's sack he has time and he improve.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Positive contribution. No rebuttal, just "his shooting will improve, get off his sack."

The fact is he doesn't seem to think his shooting is a big problem and is not doing a whole hell of a lot to improve it, either.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

That isn't true. He may still have a bad jumper (in fact it's likely) but he's been working on it all summer. He does want to become a good player and he'll get there....eventually.

But it is true. He's making no changes to his form - something that worried me last year and hasn't been addressed, especially the part about shooting with his palms and not his fingertips - and by reports he's shooting about 250 makes per day. That's a shootaround. Tyrus Thomas makes about 800 per day. Gilbert Arenas? 1,000. Then he even goes on to say that he isn't worried about his jumper.

He's not working on it like a guy who shot under 30% from outside five feet last year should. No changes to his terrible form, and a measly 250 makes a day?

But yeah, he's really busting his ass to fix that jumper.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It'd be nice if he took more shots but 250 makes a day isn't exactly slacking. If his shooting practice is being managed efficiently then that could be fine. I would like to know exactly how they're going about improiving his shot, because I'm curious, and I'd be surprised if they aren't working on his form at all, as you suggest. If he keeps shooting the exact same way then training is pointless, because it would just further lock him into his poor shooting form. If this is the case, he can take a million shots per day and it still won't do any good. Lastly, it wouldn't be any better if he was talking about how worried he is about his shooting instead of being more relaxed about it. Fretting isn't going to help.

There is a great article about the main flaw in his shot right here:
    http://www.redsarmy.com/rondojumper.htm

Regardless - 250 makes is a shootaround. That could take 45 minutes if someone is feeding him the ball. That is a joke. And he is expressing no concern about it. His lack of concern and less than satisfactory emphasis on it shows that he is not overly worried about how big of a liability his shot is.

And I am not suggesting - both last year and this year I have read in the Herald about how they are not changing anything, just getting reps in. You will find it in the archives if you are so inclined.

Learning to shoot layups HoopNightmare's Avatar

Worst case scenerio he does not really need a GREAT jumper. He has Allen, Pierce, Posey, and KG on his team. The defense will be honest. Ray Ray is too wet! All he needs to do is distribute and play mad D. Ala J-KIDD.

You clearly don't understand basketball.

Celts you guys have reason to be xcited for sure but just pray that you don't run into a team that wears red,white,and black. They will make your big 3 look like the old 3. I'm not talking ****, that just real talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Celts you guys have reason to be xcited for sure but just pray that you don't run into a team that wears red,white,and black. They will make your big 3 look like the old 3. I'm not talking ****, that just real talk.
    Sounds more like a prayer...

Threat

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

sounds like sour grapping to me ... because chicago wanted to get kg for the longest time but they couldnt... kg is a celts now get over it

Dylan spits hot fire!

Yawn

if D Wade was healthy you woulda been done in the 1st round!

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    sounds like sour grapping to me ... because chicago wanted to get kg for the longest time but they couldnt... kg is a celts now get over it
    The bulls don't need KG for ****. We still have a better starting 5 and then don't even get me started on a bench discussion. It would've been nice to have KG but the Bulls don't need him, they have improved in wins in the regular season and playoffs for 3 years in a row. Not to mention our average age of our players is 25. You guys have no future what so ever, and have 2 years to win it all, which i would love to place a bet with you that the Celts won't even win the east why you have the "old 3." Ainge saved his job, but will lose it in 2 or 3 years anyway. I hope and pray everyday that the Bulls and Celtics would meet in the playoff's and we can expose your age just like we did the heat. The Bulls are the team to beat out East and we will run you to ground when our squad's face off. You better hope you even make the playoff's.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
    Exactly.

I am a bit worried about Celt fans bandwagoning this guy (too early) and then crucifying him midseason just because he is playing at his level. TONS of PG's are athletic, its a requirement for the job, so that does not save him. Certain skills are just paramount to the position, while others are secondary like outside shooting, inside shooter, slashing, etc,. Obviously his (bottom of the league) jumper hurts the team on the O, but also allows the D to ignore him and better double team others. Boston is not in good shape if the current version of Rondo is playing 30+ min a night.

Focusing on the 7th or 8th seed is the best thing the Celts could do. Don't over expext and don't blow out the engines before eveb getting to the playoffs.
    Lol, I can't believe I missed this... focus on the 7th or 8th seed. Note that this post is from August 16th... well past when the Garneet deal had been completed.