Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Bosh says he feels revitalized now that James is gone.

I can not see how this team finishes worst than 2nd in the East, and get back to the Finals for a 5th straight time.

We lost James, Allen (possibly), and Lewis but the rest of our principal players are back including the coaching staff.

We replaced James with Deng, who is a better fit as we no longer have to play "Lebron ball", and Granger and McRob should be an okay replacement for Allen and Lewis.

The only real threat is Chicago (Indy never was), but I still don't think they take us to more than about 5 games in the ECF.

Bosh - late first round pick in fantasy this year?

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    I can not see how this team finishes worst than 2nd in the East, and get back to the Finals for a 5th straight time.

We lost James, Allen (possibly), and Lewis but the rest of our principal players are back including the coaching staff.

We replaced James with Deng, who is a better fit as we no longer have to play "Lebron ball", and Granger and McRob should be an okay replacement for Allen and Lewis.

The only real threat is Chicago (Indy never was), but I still don't think they take us to more than about 5 games in the ECF.
    I agree except for the bolded. The difference in talent between James and Deng is so big that 'fit' is almost irrelevant.

Health, rebounding (less now with Deng and MCBob) and point guard play will continue to be concerns but the Heat should be near the top of the East next season.

If miami makes it further than cleveland this would actually be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-
    I agree except for the bolded. The difference in talent between James and Deng is so big that 'fit' is almost irrelevant.

Health, rebounding (less now with Deng and MCBob) and point guard play will continue to be concerns but the Heat should be near the top of the East next season.
    True. But ISH told us that "Lebron ball" causes players like Bosh and Wade to be turned into role players.

So while the difference between Deng and James is not even close, Deng will allow Wade and Bosh to go back to being Superstars-therefore the Heat should still come out on top.

Addition by subtraction.

The Holy Trinity

If the Cavs get K-Love, they're the favorite. If not, it's between them, the Bulls and the Heat. If Rose regains 2011 form, then with Gasol and Super-Thibs, the scale probably tips to Chicago.

Of course if Wade were to regain 2011 form...

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Maybe because he won't be relegated to being a spot-up shooter anymore, and can go back to being the superstar that he always was.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

[QUOTE=Hey Yo][I]

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    Pretty sure it means after the loss he's regained the motivation to win that they had before they won 2 titles in a row
    The more I thought about this post, I'm not so sure.

If Bosh is being motivated more by losing last season and wants some redemption, then why was he so close to signing with Houston? Why want to leave Miami?

I think it's fair to say that he re-signed with Miami, instead of Houston, because of the $$$. Not because of a chip on his shoulder or having something to prove.

True. But ISH told us that "Lebron ball" causes players like Bosh and Wade to be turned into role players.

So while the difference between Deng and James is not even close, Deng will allow Wade and Bosh to go back to being Superstars-therefore the Heat should still come out on top.

Addition by subtraction.
    I like your optimism but I don't agree with the "addition by subtraction" regarding LeBron. He's just too good of a player and that logic is too simplistic. A lot obviously depends on Wade's health and Bosh's adjustment back to a more prominant role. I like Bosh's attitude though and hopefully it permeates through to the rest of the team (cough, cough, Wade).

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard
    Because he knows how easy they had it, shamelessly stacked up like they were. Their "victories" just aren't that impressive or worthy of respect.
    When you win as the Finals underdog (2012), it's impressive. Especially being a backdoor sweep.

Even though Bosh was relegated to spot up shooter the last 4 years, thats a skill that he didn't have prior to Miami, now take that and add it to the skills he used before and he should have a very good season next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I like your optimism but I don't agree with the "addition by subtraction" regarding LeBron. He's just too good of a player and that logic is too simplistic. A lot obviously depends on Wade's health and Bosh's adjustment back to a more prominant role. I like Bosh's attitude though and hopefully it permeates through to the rest of the team (cough, cough, Wade).
    He was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Even though Bosh was relegated to spot up shooter the last 4 years, thats a skill that he didn't have prior to Miami, now take that and add it to the skills he used before and he should have a very good season next year.
    Highly doubt he gets nearly the wide open looks next season as he did the previous 4
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 08-02-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    This.

I think Bosh will go back to been the BoshRaptors but the most problem here is Wade health. He is too injured most of the time and this time he cant ride Lebron coattails.