Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe and KG are breaking down at the same point: around 32-33 years of age

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Kobe and KG are breaking down at the same point: around 32-33 years of age

Kobe still looks pretty damn good to me.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Kobe still looks pretty damn good to me.
    QFT.

Haters gonna hate. They won't be talking smack when Kobe is playing in June for the 3rd straight year.

Man, these Kobe dudes are going to milk that finger injury forever. Just like anytime else he's been injured. I've honestly never seen any other player get so much of a pass for an injury as Bryant, and I'm talking about players who have been banged up much worse.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

List of players to come straight out of high school who were still in the NBA at age 30

Moses Malone-peaked at 26 had a stready decline afterwards. Was a shell of himself by 30

Darryl Dawkins-peaked at 24. Went from averaging 17 7 on 59% shooting at 27 to out of the league at age 30

Shawn Kemp-peaked at 26. Went from averaging 21 and 9 on 49% shooting at 28 to 7 and 4 on 41% shooting at 31

Kevin Garnett-peaked at 26. Went from 1st team all NBA at 28 to basically done at 32.

Tracy McGrady-peaked at 23. You know the story

Kobe Bryant-peaked at 23. Suffered from injuries virtually every year for the last 3.

I must laugh at the LeBron fans that claim he has yet to peak and he has at least 7-8 years left in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Man, these Kobe dudes are going to milk that finger injury forever. Just like anytime else he's been injured. I've honestly never seen any other player get so much of a pass for an injury as Bryant, and I'm talking about players who have been banged up much worse.

Banned

Kobe is still the best player in the league, and has actually been playing his best ball since 06, so...... I don't see how hes slowing down.
    Why is somebody posting Moses Malone as an example of High school players who fall off quickly? He was an all star at 34, and a starter at 36. Though High school players usually do peak quite a bit earlier. Around the 22-24 range.
    Last edited by magnax1; 03-03-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    A thousand pardons for not being as technical as you would like. A thousand pardons oh great one.

falling apart/declining. whatever. Kobe's struggled with his hand, fingers, ankle, back, and probably something else. That would mean his body is falling apart. He IS declining, but that's expected. he's been in the league over 10 years.

I think the only player who ISN'T declining after turning 30 is Chauncey Billups. And he wasn't even logging HUGE minutes his first 5-6 years in the NBA.
    Haters gonna hate.

Kobe falling apart

Quote Originally Posted by GollyImSoGully
    QFT.

Haters gonna hate. They won't be talking smack when Kobe is playing in June for the 3rd straight year.
    Bro you are sensitive as hell. No one is saying that Kobe sucks or he can't play anymore. They are saying what most analysts (former NBA players) have been saying....after playing so long in the NBA, your body starts to break down. It happens to EVERYONE. In Kobe's case, it's injuries that have bothered him for the last couple of seasons. Small or not, they have obviously affected his game in a negative way.

He is 31, has played a lot of basketball, and isn't playing as well as he usually does. Is he still elite? Of course. Is he declining and due to his age and injuries? Well I think the answer is obvious.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

who gets a pass for wearing a caste on his shooting finger?

lmao @ Knoe. Same clown that said Kobe would NEVER win a ring without Shaq even after the Gasol trade.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Kobe is still the best player in the league, and has actually been playing his best ball since 06, so...... I don't see how hes slowing down.
    Why is somebody posting Moses Malone as an example of High school players who fall off quickly? He was an all star at 34, and a starter at 36. Though High school players usually do peak quite a bit earlier. Around the 22-24 range.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    Kobe Bryant-peaked at 23.
    Kobe didn't peak at 23.

did you really say that kobe would never win a ring without shaq? did you at least admit you were wrong? come on man, we know that was wishful thinking on your part, it wasn't really a smart thing for you to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    who gets a pass for wearing a caste on his shooting finger?
    I don't understand the question.