Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Eh, i don't really bother with Smith not making the playoffs the first 3 years, he was coming out of highschool (Blake played 2 years in college i think) and if i remember correctly he was going to a pretty bad team.He also made the playoffs at the same age that blake griffin made his first playoffs appearance (22) You're other points on smith i'll give you that, he hasn't been shit in the playoffs though, slightly lower rebound numbers and scoring, however if he was playing alongside a pas first point guard instead of a shoot first shoot second sg those numbers might change a little.

Is the bold your only reasons for why you think building around griffin is better than bulding around cp3 to win titles asap?
    I have never stated that Clippers would be better off winning titles with Blake over Paul. In fact, I believe I have been the most critical of any of the regular Clipper fans on Blake on this forum. When I did a mock for the 09 draft, I believe, I wanted Greg Monroe over Blake Griffin due to the fact I thought, at that point, that Blake got buy in college due to his strength and athleticism and did not believe it would translate well into the pros. But I was totally incorrect on that aspect as Blake has shown he has high IQ and is as big a workhorse as Elton Brand was reported to be and is improving his weakest areas, such as his defense and jumper. Just needs the confidence now.

I just don't believe that trading Griffin would get the Clippers closer to the promised land unless they get someone LeBron or totally rape the other side.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I have never stated that Clippers would be better off winning titles with Blake over Paul. In fact, I believe I have been the most critical of any of the regular Clipper fans on Blake on this forum. When I did a mock for the 09 draft, I believe, I wanted Greg Monroe over Blake Griffin due to the fact I thought, at that point, that Blake got buy in college due to his strength and athleticism and did not believe it would translate well into the pros. But I was totally incorrect on that aspect as Blake has shown he has high IQ and is as big a workhorse as Elton Brand was reported to be and is improving his weakest areas, such as his defense and jumper. Just needs the confidence now.

I just don't believe that trading Griffin would get the Clippers closer to the promised land unless they get someone LeBron or totally rape the other side.

Broseph, this is what i've been trying to say this whole time, they could easily rip a team off and get assets upon assets for BG alone.

why are we arguing if we both agree that it wouldn't be a bad trade if they were able to completly rip the other team off?

I'm talking really rip them off.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Bump. Reggie tonight stated what I've been saying since last year. Clips aren't winnin in the playoffs if Griffin doesn't develop a jumper or post game. It didnt look like he worked on a single thing this summer

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Bump. Reggie tonight stated what I've been saying since last year. Clips aren't winnin in the playoffs if Griffin doesn't develop a jumper or post game. It didnt look like he worked on a single thing this summer
    He got dominated by Jordan Hill, who is a phenomenal hustle player but if Blake Griffin is supposed to be a franchise player, that can't happen.

Clippers are yet again a soft team.

He gets them $$, because he's a highlight reel.

But I agree. If he can't use his athletic ability in a fundamental post game, or develop a jumper, he'll always be good only for put backs, dunks and alley oops. U can't win in the playoffs with such limited repertoire.

In addition, he's not a good defender or rim protector for his physical ability. He doesn't like to get dirty.

Who would care about Clippers if they don't have Griffin.

He is the face of NBA along with couple of names. It doesn't even matter if he is not as good as he is told.

NBA Legend

This current Clippers team isn't winning any championships with its current roster. They've got some solid pieces and one of if not the best point guard in the entire league and they should focus on building around Chris Paul, and IMO Blake is not the guy to do it.

Grffin is a good, exciting young player but you are not going to be winning any championships with him as your second option. Griffin is not a guy you can depend on for points in the paint during crucial moments or a guy you can rely on to get his and create his own shot in the post during the playoffs. His stats are nice but they can be misleading, they are empty in a lot of aspects & Blake Griffin's sucess does not always equal Clippers sucess aswell.

Also, Blake Griffins trade value is probrably one of the highest in the league due to his outstanding popularity. The value that he actually brings to a team isn't ANYWHERE near his current market value, this would allow the Clippers to bring in an outstanding amount of pieces.

I'm sure there are a number of teams that would be willing to overpay for BG & give up a lot of talent in order to get him. He will put buts in the seats, i could see a team like Atlanta jumping all over a chance to bring in BG.

The Clippers would be better suited to bring in a guy who fits in better with CP3 & is also defensive minded. J Smoove comes to mind, and with Griffins trade value the Clippers would easily be able to attain a draft pick and some other solid role players to place around Cp3 if they were to trade Griffin.

Someone literally said this

Its true though, they need to trade Blake Griffin for David West, the latter fits better with CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Its true though, they need to trade Blake Griffin for David West, the latter fits better with CP3.
    west will be on KG's current level in a couple of years.

Local High School Star

WHAT??? BG >>> David West, and he will only get better and better

NBA Legend

You mean West can stop CP3 from making a trifecta of game-losing mistakes in the final minute of a make-or-break game 5?

Damn. David West

Blake is obviously much better than current KG, but still, he is completely invisible down the stretch of big games. His strength is in the open court, which shuts down in the playoffs. He struggles in the half court and in FT shooting, which are paramount in the playoffs.

He's a regular season player, he can never be your go to guy down the stretch in playoff games.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Blake is obviously much better than current KG, but still, he is completely invisible down the stretch of big games. His strength is in the open court, which shuts down in the playoffs. He struggles in the half court and in FT shooting, which are paramount in the playoffs.

He's a regular season player, he can never be your go to guy down the stretch in playoff games.

Someone has not been watching..