Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    No it's not relative, it can go both ways b/c the whole reason you think BG is so valuable is b/c of "HIGH" chances of him living up to whatever you think his potential is.

So if we're not factoring in anything that hasn't happened yet, like smith re signing or BG living up to whatever you think his potential is then Smith + Horford would bring in more value than just BG himself..

BG's trade value is basically whatever you think his potential is, so you can't discredit the fact that J smith is likely resign with the Clippers if you're still putting in so much weight into what YOU think BG's potential might be.

CF86, you still haven't explained how that torn meniscus BG suffered in the Olympics had anything to do with his poor performance against the Spurs
    No, he is valuable for other reasons besides his potential. Such as his current play and the money he brings in, just to start off. Contract situation as well. That is what his trade value is, along with his potential.

And yes, I can discredit the fact that you saying Smith reupping is likely because I just mentioned a handful of scenarios, in which many people, thought was likely and ended up failing.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    No, he is valuable for other reasons besides his potential. Such as his current play and the money he brings in, just to start off. Contract situation as well. That is what his trade value is, along with his potential.

And yes, I can discredit the fact that you saying Smith reupping is likely because I just mentioned a handful of scenarios, in which many people, thought was likely and ended up failing.
    John Hollinger of all people, a huge Clippers hater called Blake Griffin one of maybe 3 untradable players in this league. He said while he's not a top 3 player due to upside, age, contract, attitude and ability to sell tickets with his playstyle that he's untradable. Which I agree 100 percent on.

Early in the season I mentioned him being LESS untradable when he looked like he didn't give a fu** but he proved that was just an unusual funk and has bounced back to win NBA western conference player of the week.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Or chances are Iverson will lead Denver to the promised land. Or Horford won't miss any games. Shall I continue?

what the hell does allen Iverson not leading the Nuggets to a championship have to do with Jsmith resigning with the Clippers?

Shawn Kemp

Amare Stoudemire

2 players who Blake gets compared to a lot.

both these guys were super hyped their first few years and had people thinking they had unlimited potential.

Both suffered injuries and were never the same player, players with BG's type of play style tend to break down over time. Therefore we shouldn't factor in Griffins potential in this hypothetical trade either then.

Your logic fails.

what the hell does allen Iverson not leading the Nuggets to a championship have to do with Jsmith resigning with the Clippers?

Shawn Kemp

Amare Stoudemire

2 players who Blake gets compared to a lot.

both these guys were super hyped their first few years and had people thinking they had unlimited potential.

Both suffered injuries and were never the same player, players with BG's type of play style tend to break down over time. Therefore we shouldn't factor in Griffins potential in this hypothetical trade either then.

Your logic fails.
    Because that was likely to be happen, and it did not, just like its "likely", with nothing to back it up, that Smith will remain with the Clippers after becoming an unrestricted free agent.

And, like I said, potential is ALWAYS factored in trades. But, like I have already posted, it also has to do with the contract issue and marketability as well.

But I guess it is too difficult for you to comprehend

Edit: And what the hell would you bold something in my post which you do not respond to at all?
    Last edited by qrich; 12-11-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Steve Blake for Blake Griffin.. Clips will get a solid back up pg for Paul..

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Madsen I think you're severely underrating not only the value but the game of Blake Griffin and how good he can be. He's nothing like Amare or Kemp. He's way hungrier than both and has a significantly better work ethic. He's been the first and last to leave the gym since he was drafted. Sure the other two PF's had elite skill sets/athleticism for PF's but they also had piss poor attitudes and work ethics so it's not remotely comparable.

Chris Paul is a proven All star / All pro in the league, that's a rare thing and you don't choose an unproven big man who's declined in each of his 3 years in the league over that.

I'm not sure there 1 GM who would take Griffin over CP3, i'm positive there is not. cp3 has proven time & time again that he can lead a team into the playoffs, Griffin has not.

And i don't think anybody ever really expected this to be one of the best pnr combo's of all time? Griffin had only 1 year of playing before cp3 came to town.. it's not like he was some proven top 10 player in the league by that time.

Besides, if you're a free agent who isn't a point guard are you really going to choose to go to the team led by Blake Griffin or the team led by Chris Paul?

I wonder if we poll'd Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and the other top players if they'd rather play with Paul or Griffin..

CP3 can attract other free agents, cp3 is a proven player in this league and the best pg playing right now, you act like bringing in a lesser player to play pg will make the clippers better?

Blake Grffin is the one who needs to adjust his game for cp3 b/c guess what? when BG was doing his own thing & getting stats the clippers were a joke, but with cp3 at the point they clips are a legit playoff team. Cp3 is a proven all NBA player, he's the best pg in the league and if he thinks ignoring Griffin is what is best for the team, then he's probrably right.
    this proves you haven't watched any games this year. #'s lie. Griffin's shot has improved, and he has an elite handle and passing game for a big.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Madsen I think you're severely underrating not only the value but the game of Blake Griffin and how good he can be. He's nothing like Amare or Kemp. He's way hungrier than both and has a significantly better work ethic. He's been the first and last to leave the gym since he was drafted. Sure the other two PF's had elite skill sets/athleticism for PF's but they also had piss poor attitudes and work ethics so it's not remotely comparable.

Is that a fact? You're entire post is nothing but opinion and a very biased one at that.

How do you know how hungry Kemp & Amare were in the begining of their careers? Do you know that for a fact.

Are you really going to sit there and tell me that a player who was drafted straight out of high school wasn't hungry

? He played pretty damn well for a kid straight out of high school his rookie year, im sure that was due to his piss poor work etthic huh

and are you really going to sit there and say that somebody who came back from microfracture surgery has a piss poor attitude and bad work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    this proves you haven't watched any games this year. #'s lie. Griffin's shot has improved, and he has an elite handle and passing game for a big.
    20 games doesn't change who i think the best pg in the league is

just last week ESPN had him in their top 10 mvp canidtates. I guess my opinion of him being the best all around pg in the league isn't too far off

Is that a fact? You're entire post is nothing but opinion and a very biased one at that.
    Just like its a fact that Smith will "likely" reup with the Clips.

Banned

How do you know how hungry Kemp & Amare were in the begining of their careers? Do you know that for a fact.

Are you really going to sit there and tell me that a player who was drafted straight out of high school wasn't hungry

? He played pretty damn well for a kid straight out of high school his rookie year, im sure that was due to his piss poor work etthic huh

and are you really going to sit there and say that somebody who came back from microfracture surgery has a piss poor attitude and bad work ethic

You are right about this post but you are comparing Blake to wrong players.

Blake has much higher IQ then both. Blake is not a One dimensional player like Kemp and Amare was their first 3 years.

Blakes potential is High VERY HIGH and is being over shadowed by his Dunks and CP3.

In the Other hand Amare was Benefited by Nash not held back like Blake.

College superstar

marcus morris, patricia patterson, tony douglas and greg smith (maybe even throw in Terrence Jones or D-Mo) for air blake, some clipper scrub that never see playing time (Travis Leslie) and billups (free up playing time for bledsoe). fuck wat ya heard.
    Last edited by MiseryCityTexas; 12-11-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Last season, I suggested the Clippers trade Blake Griffin to the Magic for Dwight Howard, to create one of the league's best duo's in Chris Paul + Dwight.

Then, either keep DeAndre short-term as a backup C, and enjoy the league's best 1-2 punch in the Center position, or trade him too.

I would have shooken that roster up, and ended up with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard in their primes + role players. That's a legit championship team.

I don't trust Griffin's knees. He's another season ending injury waiting to happen, and I don't like his game as much as I like Dwight's next to CP3.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Last season, I suggested the Clippers trade Blake Griffin to the Magic for Dwight Howard, to create one of the league's best duo's in Chris Paul + Dwight.

Then, either keep DeAndre short-term as a backup C, and enjoy the league's best 1-2 punch in the Center position, or trade him too.

I would have shooken that roster up, and ended up with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard in their primes + role players. That's a legit championship team.

I don't trust Griffin's knees. He's another season ending injury waiting to happen, and I don't like his game as much as I like Dwight's next to CP3.
    CP3 + Dwight would be unfair to the league so it will never happen for basketball reasons.

High School Starter

I think clipps only players that should maybe be traded are buttler, green and jordan other then that they got a good thing going, filling seats and winning games if they stay healthy and odom keeps improving theyre legit contenders