Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 09-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Depth Chart

As the 14th and 15th spots look to be secured, how do you think our lineup will look? Who will ride the bench? Who will earn more PT?

My prediction:
PG: Deron Williams/C.J. Watson/Tyshawn Taylor
SG: Joe Johnson/MarShon Brooks/Jerry Stackhouse
SF: Gerald Wallace/Josh Childress/Jerry Stackhouse
PF: Kris Humphries/Mirza Teletovic/Andray Blatche/Toko Shengelia
C: Brook Lopez/Reggie Evans?/Andray Blatche?

I still think we have a huge problem at the Center position. Brook's foot concerns me as we've all seen big men that have had foot injuries that were recurring throughout there careers (Big Z, Yao). God forbid he goes down, I don't like how we don't have a legit backup center. Reggie Evans is a great rebounder but he is 6'8". I wish we could have had Sheldon back.

Also I really want to see Tyshawn Taylor play but because of Avery's reputation with rookies, I won't be surprised to see him sent to the D-League sometime this season. Hopefully he is patient and waits for his chance.

There might be some surprises at the 4 spot because of all the forwards we have. I'm really excited to see how Tele transitions to the NBA. Maybe he could even take a few minutes from Hump because of his prolific scoring ability.

That being said, I really do like how deep this team has turned out to be. Besides the center position, we have solid backups to every position. Just makes me more excited for the upcoming season!

Last edited by MTing : 09-12-2012 at 04:10 PM.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Depth Chart

Looking sharp, Brooklyn.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nice post. reperated. the only thing i'm waiting for is for the good ol' monkey to throw his good ol' monkey wrench into the equation such that half of our starting line up goes down for three months' time each. seems to be a nets' tradition, you know.

good point about the feet- i have absolutely NO idea how zydrunas came back from like half a dozen foot surgeries and pin insertions to play for so long. i would have been scared just to walk around with that, and he's out there running up and down the court leaning 300 pounds on those puppies with every step. amazing.

so is biatche any good as a C?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I believe the Wizards played him at C at times. I haven't really watched much of Blatche to be honest. I remember him almost put of a triple double on us (lol) so he is talented. Just not smart. We've had plenty of those kind of players in the past (Sean, T-Will, CDR) and they've all been failed experiments. I believe in Avery and the leadership of Deron, JJ, and Wallace to keep him in check if anything goes awry.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sean, t-will, CDR... i really hope that at some point any or all of them 'gets it' and can return to the NBA and be productive. it's mind-blowing to me how these guys can all possess such astonishing athleticism and yet be so horrible at doing the basic things that the rest of us have to deal with every day.

i mean, for them, millions and millions of dollars are hanging in the balance... for us... we get to hang on to our jobs another day. i mean, as i was reading through the latter half of sean's pro career just now i kept thinking to myself "and THEN he finally got it together and became a reliable player, right? no?? okay, but with his next stop, THEN he finally got it together, right? okay, how about his next stop...?"

check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Wi...8basketball%29

unbelievable... waived yet again only two weeks ago for who knows what silliness.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Our depth is stellar. We have 9 guys on the team who can score at least 8 points any night. Our entire starting lineup can average double digits any given night in scoring as well. I hope that Avery can instill a great defensive mindset into our player to make us a real threat. My only concern is what is going to happen with Blatche and Evans. I would really like Blatche to get a new start and use his offensive talents but I feel like he may be riding the bench to start the season. Other then that I am very excited to watch the Nets play.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
sean, t-will, CDR... i really hope that at some point any or all of them 'gets it' and can return to the NBA and be productive. it's mind-blowing to me how these guys can all possess such astonishing athleticism and yet be so horrible at doing the basic things that the rest of us have to deal with every day.

i mean, for them, millions and millions of dollars are hanging in the balance... for us... we get to hang on to our jobs another day. i mean, as i was reading through the latter half of sean's pro career just now i kept thinking to myself "and THEN he finally got it together and became a reliable player, right? no?? okay, but with his next stop, THEN he finally got it together, right? okay, how about his next stop...?"

check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Wi...8basketball%29

unbelievable... waived yet again only two weeks ago for who knows what silliness.

Me too. I was a huge fan of CDR coming out of college. When he dropped to us I thought how can such a prolific scorer in college get passed up till the 40th pick. The rumor was he refused to work out with some of the teams (God knows why). Now its 2012 and hes out of the NBA and no one is questioning why.

Its just astounding to think that if they played there cards right they'd probably be on a team with important roles right now.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

well said; agreed.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well said; agreed.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember how Humphries had to earn his spot. Being below Joe Smith and Favors. Murphy was injured. Blatche is pretty talented offensively and the Nets need size. He'll find minutes.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We're getting pretty deep with offensive talents. Think Run and gun system would be effective with this roster?
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: