Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #31
Millennium X
Decent playground baller

Default Re: PFs that could be acquired by %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlunatic
why go after a player that doesnt want to play here?? you think his output and effort will be anywhere near the same as it was in Phoenix if he is playing in a city he doesnt want to play for?? and it would cut into Noah's playing time (not that he is all that great, but i think he has potential, and since he is our future, i wanna try our best to develop him). Shaq isnt the kind of player who looks out to mentor the young guys, or share his minutes, so his effect would probably be little to none on Tyrus/Noah, unlike Miller.
Shaq would be mainly used for his 21M expiring for 2010.

Then the Bulls would have 45M or something like that off the books for 2010 which is enough for 2 max free agents.

Now that is a HUGE risk because if you whiff on that plan and end up with none of the 2010 free agents (and it's very likely you don't) then you are absolutely screwed.

If the Bulls look to trade for Shaq, they are almost certainly going all out for the 2010 plan.

But if that doesn't work out the Bulls could have an even bigger issue. Rose opting out of his rookie contract and signing with a new team because management didn't surround him with the right players.

Anyway I wouldn't mind Shaq at all. He was really good this year and our guys could learn a thing or two from a hall of famer.
Millennium X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #32
Millennium X
Decent playground baller

I agree about the Bulls chances of landing Bosh or Amare if Miami is pursuing one of them.

Michael Beasley alone just kills any offer we have. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. If Miami decides to include him, there is absolutely nothing we can do to top that offer. Beasley's got a ton of offensive potential and he could put up something like 24/9 if he focuses on rebounding a little more.

So this is why I think the Bulls need to hope that both Bosh and Amare are available. Miami obviously can't get both, but whoever they decide to pursue the Bulls should go hard after the other.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #33
Rose
good scorer

In response to both of Millenium X's posts...Rose can't opt out of his rookie contract it's team option so we have him till 2012-2013 whether or not he likes it or we do. And I dont think Michael Beasley kills any offer we have. He still doesn't play defense which is growing more and more important in your stars, it's why denver turned around. They swapped out a pretty much only scoring point for a defensive minded point and it changed the entire team dynamic, even made Melo grow up! Does Beasley weaken our offers? god yes. BUT we have some things Miami sorely lacks. MORE potential to trade off (assuming Tyrus keeps progressing I have no doubt teams will want him more as well). But we have a back up point guard signed to a very reasonable contract for a starting one and he'd start on 20 or so teams in the league. and lastly we have way more expiring contracts. They just have Jermaine's super expiring one. We have Brad's pretty hefty one, along with Tim and Jerome James' medium range expirerers. Plus Brad can contribute to any team that trades for him. Miami doesnt have that, considering no one will trade Miami for Jermaine.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #34
Millennium X
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
In response to both of Millenium X's posts...Rose can't opt out of his rookie contract it's team option so we have him till 2012-2013 whether or not he likes it or we do. And I dont think Michael Beasley kills any offer we have. He still doesn't play defense which is growing more and more important in your stars, it's why denver turned around. They swapped out a pretty much only scoring point for a defensive minded point and it changed the entire team dynamic, even made Melo grow up! Does Beasley weaken our offers? god yes. BUT we have some things Miami sorely lacks. MORE potential to trade off (assuming Tyrus keeps progressing I have no doubt teams will want him more as well). But we have a back up point guard signed to a very reasonable contract for a starting one and he'd start on 20 or so teams in the league. and lastly we have way more expiring contracts. They just have Jermaine's super expiring one. We have Brad's pretty hefty one, along with Tim and Jerome James' medium range expirerers. Plus Brad can contribute to any team that trades for him. Miami doesnt have that, considering no one will trade Miami for Jermaine.
Yeah my bad about the opting out part. I meant that he may not be happy in Chicago if the Bulls don't surround him with the right players. I only see this being a problem if they put all their eggs in the "2010 plan" basket and come up empty. This will result in ANOTHER rebuilding season which we don't need at all.

Remember it happened back in 2000 with Duncan and McGrady. Bulls tried making a splash and they ended up with nothing. It took another 5 years for them to even be respectable again.

But outside of Rose, I see nothing we have that trumps a Miami offer including Beasley. Come on, Tyrus is an ok player but he's certainly no Beasley. Yeah he doesn't play defense, but that can all change with work. What he does have though is a unique skillset for his size and some really nice touch. He can be an absolute BEAST offensively, Tyrus is just not on the same level.

Basically Miami can offer one future superstar while we can only offer ok players.

And of course we'd be dumb to include Rose so I don't see it happening.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #35
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium X
Yeah my bad about the opting out part. I meant that he may not be happy in Chicago if the Bulls don't surround him with the right players. I only see this being a problem if they put all their eggs in the "2010 plan" basket and come up empty. This will result in ANOTHER rebuilding season which we don't need at all.

Remember it happened back in 2000 with Duncan and McGrady. Bulls tried making a splash and they ended up with nothing. It took another 5 years for them to even be respectable again.

But outside of Rose, I see nothing we have that trumps a Miami offer including Beasley. Come on, Tyrus is an ok player but he's certainly no Beasley. Yeah he doesn't play defense, but that can all change with work. What he does have though is a unique skillset for his size and some really nice touch. He can be an absolute BEAST offensively, Tyrus is just not on the same level.

Basically Miami can offer one future superstar while we can only offer ok players.

And of course we'd be dumb to include Rose so I don't see it happening.
It's fine I just didn't want people to start freaking out "WE CAN LOSE ROSE NOW" Yeah I remember the 2000 era. Not a good time for us. I think if Tyrus gets consistent again like he was from January-mid-March, and Beasley doesn't learn defense we can definitely trump an offer Tyrus could be amazing if he focused and was consistent. While Beasley will be an all star it remains to be seen if He'll be an Amar'e top guy who's all offense with a little defense or a KG an all round great player. We could throw in Ben but due to league rules it'd have to be at least three players on both sides swapping which is probably what it'd take anyways to land Amar'e Bosh etc. and a healthy Deng is likely to get someone, portland wanted him pretty bad...so I have faith.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: