Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #31
Fresh Kid
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 1999 Knicks Appreciation Thread

1999 NBA FINALS GAME 3 HIGHLIGHTS- 1 SA AT 8 NY( spurs lead series 2-0, knicks wins in a thrilling game 3 at MSG, but sadly lost 2 games later, but dis still was a great moment and a great game for us)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S4y54hHYRo

Grab sum popcorn and ENJOY!!! (by tha way spurs got lucky)
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #32
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Default Re: 1999 Knicks Appreciation Thread

Kind of a random bump but I do remember the atmosphere in NYC during the summer of 99 when the Knicks went on this miracle run. I was young so I vaguely remember it. I remember there was a buzz after Jordan retired that Knicks may finally win one in 99 or 00, they made the playoffs in 01 I think and ever since then they didn't have a legitimate chance to reach the ECF until the 2012-2013 season.

My former coworker has a really fond memory of listening to Larry Johnson's 4 point play while driving home with his father, I think he was in his late teens at the time. He explained to me how there was a lot of buzz at the time around the city. Even though they lost in 5 vs. the Spurs, he said everyone was proud of how the team did because they really had a weird season and barely made the playoffs. It was Ewing's last hurrah and a sobering moment for Knicks fan that their 8 year window or so as legitimate NBA contenders was coming to an end (1991-1999). 99 was the start when the top Western Conference teams were leaps beyond the Eastern Conference's best. Having grown up in NY, I will admit that the Knicks were largely put on the back burner amongst other fans that I grew up with to the Yankees dominance in the early 2000s. Knicks became insanely popular again once they picked up Amare and Amare had a great 2009 season with us.

Crazy to think the new look Knicks of the late 2000s/early 2010s are far different from the 1990s Knicks teams such as the 92 Knicks who had insane toughness/defense which was formatted to be just like the Bad Boy Pistons but arguably didn't have enough talent to win it all (but they also faced what I consider peak Jordan, 92 Jordan), 99 Knicks who had a lot more depth arguably than some of the mid 1990s teams but had a out of prime/starting to get washed up Ewing.

Pretty much ever since James Dolan purchased this team, being a Knicks fan has been a headache and has slowly become the afterthought of the casual NY sports fans.

Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001 : 05-26-2017 at 11:07 AM.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: