Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Why do Indians have such control over so many Gas Stations?

It's built into their culture and they're brought up around it. It's similar to the jews with investment banking at the turn of the 20th century, minus there being virtually noone with interest in delving into the gas station industry.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Yep I just encountered that at a truck stop/gas station/conenience store in Podunk, West Texas too. It's funny seeing all these Joe Bob truckers coming in and having to deal with these "Mexicans" but have a totally different accent than expected . And they charge like a dollar more per gallon just because they're out in the boonies

Whenever I stop at a gas station out in the middle of nowhere, I wonder if the employees live out there.

And yes, they are usually Arabs.

NBA Superstar

its true. then again why do so many koreans own liquor stores and dry cleaners?

indians also own a lot of 7 elevens. call it a stereotype, but its funny if anyone denies any of this isn't generally true.

they all work hard to have what they have tho. a lot of leeches out there.

♫♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    same thing brah.
    you're stupid .

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    Yep I just encountered that at a truck stop/gas station/conenience store in Podunk, West Texas too. It's funny seeing all these Joe Bob truckers coming in and having to deal with these "Mexicans" but have a totally different accent than expected . And they charge like a dollar more per gallon just because they're out in the boonies
    there's much more important oil tycoons you could be rolling your eyes at who aren't "mexican" .

most asian-indian immigrants i know (i'm 1st generation born in good 'ol USA - so speaking from family experience here, including my own parents) are genuinely kind hearted people who work hard , ignore outside (societal) distractions and save up money in order to purchase a small business . no dealing with any higher ups or lower downs - its on you (and your fams) shoulders . most people prefer their own brand - not affiliated with any franchise (thats why you get the silly bootleg names) , because as a franchisee you have to cough up a % of your profits and more $$ for using their name etc .

i actually think you guys got it mixed up tho because middle eastern people usually **** with gas stations , while indians run motels and liquor stores .

my cousin runs a liquor store called "Quick Stop Liquor" down here in Rialto , CA and everytime i go there its like a scene from the movie Clerks , except a little more hood . the liquor store environment can be pretty ****en entertaining .

dont forget your yoga pants guys
    Last edited by artex; 10-07-2014 at 12:02 PM.