Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
HeatFanSince88
I hit open 5-footers

HeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default I want to become a GREAT three point shooter

I've gotten killed by threes so many times playing pickup games. This is a shot I have never had, but it's time for me to exploit it since pickup threes are the equivalent of NBA 3s being worth 4 points. Its just too big of an advantage, not to mention the paint is always packed during 5 on 5.

Not a great shooter by any stretch and never have been. Just getting back into playing ball and past few days I've just been working on free throws trying to get comfortable with my form. Usually get anywhere from 67-77 free throws out of 100 so not too good lol.

Anyone got any good videos/drills/approaches that I can take to eventually become a great three point shooter?
HeatFanSince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I want to become a GREAT three point shooter

I'm not going to be the best to give advice because I'm pretty streeky but I'd say get a lot of reps up while taking free throws in between
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
MiamiDynasty
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MiamiDynasty has an OK reputation so far

lots of reps
MiamiDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Elevation, stay square, consistent form, stare at the front of the rim, high arch, follow-through, etc.

Practice.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just practice dawg, and practice right, shoot 500 good form shots everyday
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shooting form and repetition is obviously important but if you want to be a great shooter you have do have great conditioning. Being a great shooter requires consistency in your form when shooting and fatigue tends to produce laziness in your form.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 AM   #7
Straight_Ballin
Local High School Star

Straight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong wayStraight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Shoot 1200 shots every weekend at your local Y or rec center. Trust me, I did it for months and it worked wonders for my 3 point game.
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: