Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a new puppy

Default Got a new puppy

A few months ago we bought a male blue nose pitbull. This little bastard has really grown on me in a short time. Yesterday the kiddoes came home and one of the neighbors gave them a female boxer puppy. The two dogs have been playing pretty cool. My pitbull is a lot bigger and he sometimes gets too rough. Not mean or anything just rough. He's a big kid. Will things be ok when they both get older?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Got a new puppy

Pitbulls can play pretty rough. I have a Pit puppy and she likes to bite down playfully on my older dog's neck. The older dog is an American Bulldog mix and she just kind of let's her do her thing.

Once the Boxer gets old and possibly bigger than the Pitbull, things will be fine.

You can't safely make any assumptions on how it will be tomorrow yet alone 5 years from now; especially involving a pit and a boxer. Although the male-female thing will help.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Pics ?

welcome to the dog lovers club.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

make sure you check your local ordinances about pitbull ownership, some cities require you get extra insurance for them.

Other than that be consistent with training and socialize the little guy as much as you can with other dogs and people.

Damn that took way too long to get them in a pic

How do I get a smaller pic?
    Last edited by Mr Exlax; 10-08-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Banned

Nawwwhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Pitbulls can play pretty rough. I have a Pit puppy and she likes to bite down playfully on my older dog's neck. The older dog is an American Bulldog mix and she just kind of let's her do her thing.

Once the Boxer gets old and possibly bigger than the Pitbull, things will be fine.
    See I used to have a Shitzu and he was scared of her. He's way bigger but she'd snap at him and he'd just roll over. Wouldn't play rough with her at all. My chick's bro has a pit and he'll bring him over and they freaking go at it. Makes me slightly uneasy around my dog just to see him serious. He's still playing with the new puppy, but he's rough. She'll snap and bite him and he stops for a few seconds. He just really really wants to play.

Damn, that pit bull is big as hell.

I want to get another dog. It's been a little over a couple years since I last owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You can't safely make any assumptions on how it will be tomorrow yet alone 5 years from now; especially involving a pit and a boxer. Although the male-female thing will help.
    See he's not the typical pit. I pop him if he barks or growls at anybody that comes to the house. I don't play rough with him and neither do the kids. On the weekends I let him in the house and he just chills on the couch. I couldn't see him ever becoming what society thinks pits are like. He's too loved for that.

Let me ask you this...if statistically pitbulls are such a dangerous breed, why get one? There are dozens of breeds of dog, right? Why a pitbull of all breeds? Is there a reason?

I never understand that....just get any other breed and the danger level goes down....

Quote Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
    Damn, that pit bull is big as hell.

I want to get another dog. It's been a little over a couple years since I last owned a dog.
    That's what everybody keeps saying. I don't know what to compare him to. He's growing super quick. Just 6 months ago he was the same size as my Shitzu I used to have. If he gets too big I think I'm gonna be afraid to go in my own yard lol

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Let me ask you this...if statistically pitbulls are such a dangerous breed, why get one? There are dozens of breeds of dog, right? Why a pitbull of all breeds? Is there a reason?

I never understand that....just get any other breed and the danger level goes down....
    Bro I asked my gf the exact same thing. One of the kids wanted it so she bought it. He's grown on me, but at first I was like hell no. So far though man I really really do think pits are chick dogs. He seriously just wants to be loved. He thinks he's a lap dog or some shit. My other dog was a Shitzu lol.

Some guys get dogs to compensate for something. Like, a dude will think he's tougher or something with a pitbull. I was perfectly fine walking my Shitzu or taking her to the park when I would go hoop. Chicks freaking loved her!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    welcome to the dog lovers club.
    Funniest shit is that I'm still petrified of other people's dogs lol