Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Best college players to watch going into the 2016-17 season

So Malik Monk dropped 47 last night.

Top 5 pick?

His game reminds me a lot of ray allen when ray could still move around and didn't just hang out in the corner.

Monk is a lot of fun to watch. Not sure who he reminds me of honestly. I could see him being like a modern day Andrew Toney. Hopefully he goes to Philly and becomes the new Boston Strangler.

Between him, Fultz, and Ball among other this is the most fun group of freshman I can remember.

Also,
    Luke Kennard is a boss. Feels weird liking a white Duke player lol.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 12-21-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Monk is a lot of fun to watch. Not sure who he reminds me of honestly. I could see him being like a modern day Andrew Toney. Hopefully he goes to Philly and becomes the new Boston Strangler.

Between him, Fultz, and Ball among other this is the most fun group of freshman I can remember.

Also,
    Luke Kennard is a boss. Feels weird liking a white Duke player lol.
    Ball is the #1 pick in this draft, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Ball is the #1 pick in this draft, IMO.
    Depends on who has it. I can't see Philly taking him with their hopes of Simmons and all.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Depends on who has it. I can't see Philly taking him with their hopes of Simmons and all.
    Yeah, Philly is a strange team to predict for the draft. They should definitely select a PG but, given that Simmons is expected to be essentially a PG on offense with his passing ability, some who really needs the ball to max their potential like Ball or Fultz might not be the best fit. I'd probably say **** it when it comes to that because both are extremely talented and can shoot enough to play with anyone.

Monk would be interesting for Philly since he's such a great scorer and Embiid can cover up a lot of mistakes on D but they will likely draft too high to snag him. I'd like Jonathan Isaac too as a versatile, long forward with a nice shooting touch but they already have a bunch of forwards. Both are too limited or risky to take at the spot Philly will likely draft at anyway.

I'd take Fultz if given the option on the Sixers. He's the type of perimeter scorer they will need to pair with Simmons and Embiid plus he would give them the best compliment to them when trying to create mismatches in the pick and roll. If Philly can also pull off a trade with Boston to ship Noel or Okafor to get Marcus Smart plus other assets then I think it would be perfect. Smart can be the defensive pitbull that allows Fultz to find an easier matchup on D and Smart can hide a little on offense. I'd prefer it to be Okafor in the trade but it might have to be Nerlens since that relationship seems to be potentially unsalvagable at this point.

Got my First Mock done

Hard to predict shit with the deadline and all incoming, probably a couple of 's in there but meh went with an actual mock mindset instead of just how I'd rank them

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Got my First Mock done

Hard to predict shit with the deadline and all incoming, probably a couple of 's in there but meh went with an actual mock mindset instead of just how I'd rank them

Awesome work buddy!
    Although I think you got Fox and Jackson severely too low. If anything I say Jackson goes one regardless of team. The much upside is too much to pass up. If the Sixers take Fultz I can see them moving Noel and taking Bam Adebayo and have a front court of Simmons Adebayo and Embiid. If not have Adebayo as an insurance package if Embiid goes down.

If New Orleans doesn't take a PG them 100% take Jackson. That's McGrady and Yao part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy

Awesome work buddy!
    Although I think you got Fox and Jackson severely too low. If anything I say Jackson goes one regardless of team. The much upside is too much to pass up. If the Sixers take Fultz I can see them moving Noel and taking Bam Adebayo and have a front court of Simmons Adebayo and Embiid. If not have Adebayo as an insurance package if Embiid goes down.

If New Orleans doesn't take a PG them 100% take Jackson. That's McGrady and Yao part 2.
    I'm just not a Jackson fan man, in fact, I forgot to even put him in my lotto initially but know he'll get taken somewhere.

In all reality, Fox is probably #2/3 on my rankings but I was trying to go with how I think it'll play out as opposed to just flat out rankings.

Bam would be such a great pick-up for Philly, him and Embiid would just wreak havoc with the offense/defense up there.

I was also going to put Ike Anigbogu going in the mid 20s, but didn't want to be called a homer, though I can see a team promising him just due to his body and athleticism.

I'm just not a Jackson fan man, in fact, I forgot to even put him in my lotto initially but know he'll get taken somewhere.

In all reality, Fox is probably #2/3 on my rankings but I was trying to go with how I think it'll play out as opposed to just flat out rankings.

Bam would be such a great pick-up for Philly, him and Embiid would just wreak havoc with the offense/defense up there.

I was also going to put Ike Anigbogu going in the mid 20s, but didn't want to be called a homer, though I can see a team promising him just due to his body and athleticism.
    That dude is a monster. Dwight Howard V2.0.

The pride of NY Shamorie Ponds helped knock off 13 ranked Butler with 26 points

He might be a one and done at this rate

NBA Superstar

I couldn't disagree with you more about Jackson.

He's like Wiggins with excellent playmaking ability for his position and a competitive fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory

He's like Wiggins with excellent playmaking ability for his position and a competitive fire.
    Yeah, I agree. I think Jackson is gonna be at worst Trevor Ariza but at best he could be someone like Kawhi Leonard.

It's easy to get obsessed about PG but there are way too many talented PG to be confident about one.

Markelle fultz best guard in nation..

In the game up 30 with 2 minutes left and twists his ankle.

Stupidest shit I ever seen.

Romar PUT HIM BACK IN with 4 minutes left up 30

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory

I see him being a Bobby Simmons type with a bit of passing ability.

Kentucky falling apart against SC with DeAaron injured

Hes a true floor general. Reminds me of a taller, more athletic CP3 with the ability to push the pace faster than a John Wall

He goes #1 in most drafts and if I had the number one pick im taking DeAaron

My Big Board currently is

1. DeAaron
    2. Josh Jackson
    3. Lonzo Ball
    Last edited by FreezingTsmoove; 01-21-2017 at 08:04 PM.