Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Why Westbrook will never be truly elite:

Westdick watched too much Kobe videos.

Quote Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
    Please stop talking. Your telling me you would take current Rondo, Kobe, Wade over him? Stop trolling.

The times of having traditional PG's aka Stocktons is over. You need to be able to score and take pressure off your other star.

Westbrook is widely considered a top 5-7 player in the NBA.
    If those three guys were fully healthy right now I would take any of them over Westbrook without thinking twice. Rondo is still trying to shake off his rust, Wade is only able to play 2/3 of the games because of his knees, and Kobe is getting very good at sitting in a chair watching his team. Otherwise yes they are definitely better players than Westbrook. Look beyond the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Why was no thread like this being made in December when Westbrook was killing it and not comin off a injury rusty?
    Because I wasn't allowed to register until January.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Why was no thread like this being made in December when Westbrook was killing it and not comin off a injury rusty?
    Westbrook's skills are rusty from injury no doubt but his usual stupidity in decision making appears to be in top form. However, like I said before the blame has to go to Brooks because he lets him get away with it. If Tony Parker was a career 30% three point shooter and just came down the floor and launched a 28 foot three pointer with defense draped all over him Popovich would have blown a gasket, held him accountable and reamed him in front of everyone. Westbrook continues to get a pass on his WTF shot selection and it's clear in his mind he has the green light to take any kind of shot no matter how dumb and ill-timed it may be. He's never going to grow as a floor general that way. OKC needs a coaching change in the worst way. Brooks is just an enabler of bad habits.

There's a long list of 40+ scorers in NBA Finals history

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    Westbrook's skills are rusty from injury no doubt but his usual stupidity in decision making appears to be in top form. However, like I said before the blame has to go to Brooks because he lets him get away with it. If Tony Parker was a career 30% three point shooter and just came down the floor and launched a 28 foot three pointer with defense draped all over him Popovich would have blown a gasket, held him accountable and reamed him in front of everyone. Westbrook continues to get a pass on his WTF shot selection and it's clear in his mind he has the green light to take any kind of shot no matter how dumb and ill-timed it may be. He's never going to grow as a floor general that way. OKC needs a coaching change in the worst way. Brooks is just an enabler of bad habits.
    Scott Brooks should be let go, I don't know how many chances their going to give this guy, but it's clear he is not the coach to lead them to a title.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
    Please stop talking. Your telling me you would take current Rondo, Kobe, Wade over him? Stop trolling.

The times of having traditional PG's aka Stocktons is over. You need to be able to score and take pressure off your other star.Westbrook is widely considered a top 5-7 player in the NBA.
    Such a stupid statement. Rondo has a ring, Westbrook doesnt. Who was the last PG like Westbrook or Rose to win a ring?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    Such a stupid statement. Rondo has a ring, Westbrook doesnt. Who was the last PG like Westbrook or Rose to win a ring?
    Isiah Thomas but he was a much smarter player.