Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Current Kevin Durant vs. Prime Tracy McGrady

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    People definitely say he choked against the Pistons after being up 3-1...but look at his roster. Gooden was the 2nd best player by a wide margin. 3rd maybe Giricek or Armstrong . I don't remember him and Hill even playing a game in the playoffs together on the Magic. If they did, Hill was not close to 100%. Wasn't like the 2001 roster was much better (a bit more help w/ Outlaw and Mike Miller). I mean, what did you honestly expect from this man? He was averaging Jordanesc playoff numbers.
    I don't think you know how Tmac went down in those last 3 games of that series. Tmac after Game 4 said that it felt good to finally get past the 1st round and he cruised for rest of the series. Tmac played poorly in games 5-7, and he went down like a bitch. It is nothing like Kobe in 2006 if that was what you are referring to because Kobe actually did something or tried to do something from games 5-7 when he was up 3-1.

Jordan-esque playoff numbers? Are you ****ing kidding me? MJ shot like 50-55% from the playoffs. Tmac? He shot like 37-42% and I'm not even bringing up TS% yet where it really hurts Tmac.

pure skills it's almost a wash at this point. Maybe give Tmac the edge by a hair. He was just so amazing to watch

but durant still has a chance to go deep in the playoffs as the man, something Tmac never did. I guess he just didn't have the heart

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Tmac would quit on his team, blame his teammates for his failures, in his prime and in Houston he would do it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...28/3/index.htm

Sounds like a winner.
    So so so so because he was locker room trouble to a team, we're expected to take that away from what he did individually for that team? It's crazy what some people take into account when comparing individual players. I'm asking who the better player was you dolt. And for the most part, its McGrady. I could care less how he act off the court, and in the locker room.

McGrady was a better scorer?
    Easily.

I'll take the guy that can score on similar volume with much higher efficiency. They both score around 27-30 ppg but Durant shoots a TS% over 60% and a FG% of 50% while Tmac shoots like a TS% that is less than 55% and a FG that is less than 45%.
    What the ****'s a TS? I'll take the guy that can single handedly take over a game, and also fairly consistant while also operating a team offense.

Shooter?
    Laughing it off like you have something to prove. McGrady is easily the better shooter. Slasher by a wide ass margin.

I love how you ignore defense too, it's not like it is half of the game or something either.
    You're acting like KD is some sort of god on D.

Good High School Starter

tmac was at some point the best scorer (in terms of complete arsenal) since MJ in his prime....tmac is probably the biggest disappointment in terms of superstar legendary potential not met ever...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacman
    So so so so because he was locker room trouble to a team, we're expected to take that away from what he did individually for that team? It's crazy what some people take into account when comparing individual players. I'm asking who the better player was you dolt. And for the most part, its McGrady. I could care less how he act off the court, and in the locker room.
    Yes, because intangibles, leadership, etc. has absolutely no importance in the game of basketball or in sports in general. It is all just about talent and skills, something that Tmac doesn't even have over Durant.

What the ****'s a TS? I'll take the guy that can single handedly take over a game, and also fairly consistant while also operating a team offense.
    Combines FG%, 3P%, and FT% in one stat. It's not Durant's fault he was an elite FT shooter while Tmac was a below average one. It's also not Durant's fault that he had a much better shot selection than Tmac did.

Laughing it off like you have something to prove. McGrady is easily the better shooter. Slasher by a wide ass margin.
    McGrady was a better shooter which is why he never even shot 46% in his career while for the past 3 years Durant has shot a FG% of 46% or higher for the past 3 years. That makes total sense.

Do you even have evidence that backs up Tmac being a better shooter?

He is a god on D......compared to Tmac.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacman

Easily.

Durant is shooting ~50% on deep 2's this season. He's a goddamn shooting savant. Tmac was a better slasher imo, and a much better passer. Not a better shooter

Stop glorifying TMac, dude was an amazing player to watch in his prime but he has nothin on Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Prime T-Mac would shit on KD.
    Agreed. Fans over the age of 18 should know this.

T-Mac and it's not really close. Much better play-maker and ball-handler. Better scorer too...

Yes, because intangibles, leadership, etc. has absolutely no importance in the game of basketball or in sports in general. It is all just about talent and skills, something that Tmac doesn't even have over Durant.
    Durant is a more a talented a skill player than Prime T-Mac?

Combines FG%, 3P%, and FT% in one stat. It's not Durant's fault he was an elite FT shooter while Tmac was a below average one. It's also not Durant's fault that he had a much better shot selection than Tmac did.
    Below average? Dude was hovering around 80% most of his prime you ****ing idiot.

McGrady was a better shooter which is why he never even shot 46% in his career while for the past 3 years Durant has shot a FG% of 46% or higher for the past 3 years. That makes total sense.
    That doesn't determine the better shooter. Is LeBron a better shooter than Durant because he shoots it at about 53%? Good logic. I guess in your case yes. LeBron > Durant in terms of shooting.

Do you even have evidence that backs up Tmac being a better shooter?
    Yeah, if you watched him play, which i assume you havent once, then you'd know he was the better shooter. Every thing revolves around percentages for kids like you.

He is a god on D......compared to Tmac.
    Nice overall argument. Props brah.

Now tell me, did McGrady **** your sister or mother? Which is it? Or was it both?

And the majority think McGrady was the better player. And they're right. So your opinion isn't valid at all.

I don't think you know how Tmac went down in those last 3 games of that series. Tmac after Game 4 said that it felt good to finally get past the 1st round and he cruised for rest of the series. Tmac played poorly in games 5-7, and he went down like a bitch. It is nothing like Kobe in 2006 if that was what you are referring to because Kobe actually did something or tried to do something from games 5-7 when he was up 3-1.

Jordan-esque playoff numbers? Are you ****ing kidding me? MJ shot like 50-55% from the playoffs. Tmac? He shot like 37-42% and I'm not even bringing up TS% yet where it really hurts Tmac.
    Jordan also had way more help and thus had more room to work. However, I'm not in any way saying Tmac was on Jordan's level...more like a Jordan-lite.

Also, went down like a bitch? Really? 19/8/4/3, 37/11/5/2, 21/6/5. Those aren't bad games. Yes Tmac struggled a lot going 1 on 5 vs the pistons defense. That's still pretty damn impressive...at least he went down shooting. Btw, what other options did he have? Yes his FG% was low, but look at his team %s for those 3 gms: 32%, 39.5%, and 42%.

Edit: You never answered. Do you also discredit KG for his 1st round failures?
    Last edited by Dbrog; 04-13-2012 at 03:32 PM.

T-Mac. he was my favorite player for for while.... wish he didn't get hurt. he was flat out insane for a while.

The ISH'ers Champion!

As of right now with current KD I'll say Prime Tmac. I don't see this staying true in the next 2-3 years for sure. KD has so much room to improve over what he has already accomplished - top notch potential. Just for that fact you could say KD over Tmac...
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 04-13-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Wade, Lebron, Kobe, and T-Mac all have better primes than Durant. It's not really close.

Edit: Nash and CP3 too.
    Last edited by D-Wade316; 04-13-2012 at 03:30 PM.