Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Respond to this thread you were never a fan of Michael Jordan growing up in the 90's?

My friend said that regardless of who your team was growing up in the 80's and 90's, you still wanted to be like Mike and was a huge fan of the man. I disagreed because I always like the players below a lot better than Michae Jordan and always wanted Jordan to fail.

Magic
    Clyde the Glide
    Isiah Thomas

So where are the other NBA fans who were members of the "I can't stand Michael Jordan" Fan Club?

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Respond to this thread you were never a fan of Michael Jordan growing up in the 90's?

Was never a fan. Gary Payton was my favorite player of the 90s.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Default Re: Respond to this thread you were never a fan of Michael Jordan growing up in the 90's?

Yall been haters since u were angry little munchkins.

I liked Scottie more, but you had to respect MJ. Hating on him was just silly .

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

I liked Penny Hardaway more.

Had a love-hate relationship with MJ. Some series I cheered for him, others I couldn't stand him. With no rhyme or reason either.

I wasn't what I'd call a fan but I sure as hell respected him as the best player on the court every single night he played.

Same here, was a Pacers/Reggie fan.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Was never a fan. I, along with a lot of other people back in the 80's thought he was the biggest ballhog in the league. Kind of the way people of this era feel about Kobe. After watching the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers, Pistons, play unselfish team ball, watching Jordan come into the league and take that many shots, people were like: who the hell is this guy? No one had seen such a ball dominant 2 guard before. Of course I came to respect him once he started winning championships and recognized that he was the greatest scorer that I've ever seen, but I still pulled for any team to knock the Bulls off in those days.

National High School Star

And Jordan PUSHED OFF against brian russell

And he stepped on the line when he claimed he jumped from the foul line

Decent playground baller PTstyle272's Avatar

Reggie>>> Mike in my eyes back then

Local High School Star

was more of a fan of more skilled players. like nash, hakeem, stockton, kobe maybe some others.

Troll who tries to provoke you

My all-time favorite player growing up in the 1990s was Clyde Drexler.

Drexler NEVER got tired
    Drexler NEVER clutched his shorts & rested on his knees in 4th Quarter like MJ.
    Drexler had the same level of energy in 4th quarter compared to 1st quarter unlike MJ
    Drexler was just stronger, taller, bigger & with better stamina & endurance than MJ.

I just liked how he attacked the rim palming the ball in one hand gliding with ball held very high.

Being from NY, Knicks were ofcourse my favorite team.

Believe it or not, I actually despised MJ because he was better than Clyde & beating up on the Knicks all the time.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    was more of a fan of more skilled players. like nash, hakeem, stockton, kobe maybe some others.

Yea, you never saw Hakeem or Stockton play.

Never liked him. One of the greatest players of all time, but I don't like his style or the "me first" era he helped usher in. Give me a team player like Magic or Bird any day over Jordan.

Magic was my first love in basketball

Laker fan....I hated him when he first came up.
    Magic and Bird was winning all the titles and thought dude was just a one man show selfish just out to score points.

But.......damn was I wrong.
    When he came back from retirement and won the other three had nothing but respect for him.

Always loved his kicks though. Got my first pair in 86 when I was in elementary school. Coolest kid in school with those.

But nope was not a fan in the 80's or 90's.

And to think about it...I rooted for the Suns...Sonics.....Blazers....and Utah twice in the Finals against him.