Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #16
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3 Point Shooting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-dTAo4vEvk
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #17
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

once you learn to control your body with decent elevation on a jump shot, youll be stroking them over any defender.

for so many years, my jumpshot felt awkward due to not really jumping because of fear i would throw off my shot. but after watching a lot of basketball and working in the elevation to my own shot, the confidence and accuracy is there.

nothing feels better than elevating over a defender for an easy 3. and when i say elevating, i dont mean you need to jump out of the gym. but just have enough lift with body control to separate you and your defender.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #18
Al Thorton
Banned

Al Thorton has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
once you learn to control your body with decent elevation on a jump shot, youll be stroking them over any defender.

for so many years, my jumpshot felt awkward due to not really jumping because of fear i would throw off my shot. but after watching a lot of basketball and working in the elevation to my own shot, the confidence and accuracy is there.

nothing feels better than elevating over a defender for an easy 3. and when i say elevating, i dont mean you need to jump out of the gym. but just have enough lift with body control to separate you and your defender.

THIS. When i really elevate on my shot and don't just push it with my arms, it's buttery. just let your arms be an extension of your jump and it's water, even if i'm off balance or falling away or to a side if I get decent elevation I can always find that balance at the top, true for almost all shots really, maybe not free throws
Al Thorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:38 AM   #19
chosen_one6
Earned not given

chosen_one6 is considered somewhat coolchosen_one6 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyap9675
I'm with you on this one, most of the time if right foot is pointing to the side it means that your shooting shoulder is aligned to the basket. It's called the open stance, but obviously everybody has different shooting strategies.

No, that's not what the open stance is.

Having an "open" stance means your feet are not parallel with each other. That means one foot (your strong side) is positioned directly underneath the strong side shoulder, while the other foot is positioned slightly farther back.

Examples:

chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #20
FaceBack
I airball my layups

FaceBack has an OK reputation so far

this is the correct follow through, http://youtu.be/RcHCLuwW65E?t=1m2s , try different mechanics until you get it. Making a swan with your wrist is actually incorrect.
FaceBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #21
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation

@chosen one

Nice pics, yea thats what I'm referring to (see how their right foot is pointing to the side) but yes the feet should not be parallel and the right foot should be a step higher (for right handed players anyway).
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: